ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Yessss!!! I would LOVE to have Haslem on our squad. That would make Turiaf expendable tho.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:25 pm

JSM wrote:Let's assume for a second this is true. I'd send the #2 pick to the Knicks, Clippers, or Bucks (depending on who we can milk a quality player out of) and take Joe Alexander.

Who on the Clipps, Bucks or Knicks is worth the #2 pick though? I mean who on those teams has as much potential as a guy like Beasly?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Shortodom on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:27 pm

so anyone confirm this yet? if not i call bs til confimed
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby dvdrdiscs on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Does Riley love Odom that much? The only way this is feasible is if Riley is seriously wanting to clear capspace to sign Brand next year. Brand wants Miami and Miami wants Brand. But does Riley feel Brand next year will be better than anybody he can get at #2 in the draft this year?

Aside from Rose and Beasley, it doesn't seem like theres anyone in this years draft that can make an impact immediately. Riley does not seem to covet Beasley either and Rose seems to duplicate what Wade does. Hence it is possible BUT there are plenty of teams out there that can offer a better package. And on top of that, we get Haslem? Blount I can understand but Haslem is far from just a throw in player.
dvdrdiscs

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:28 pm

we would have awesome front-court depth with this line-up and if Ronny gets offered too much we could afford to lose him( :man5: ) also we can draft Beasley or Rose :man13:
GinoDB

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm

dvdrdiscs wrote:Aside from Rose and Beasley, it doesn't seem like theres anyone in this years draft that can make an impact immediately.
OJ Mayo.
Chicano

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:30 pm

JSM wrote:Let's assume for a second this is true. I'd send the #2 pick to the Knicks, Clippers, or Bucks (depending on who we can milk a quality player out of) and take Joe Alexander.

WOW. I like Joe Alexander but you have to take Beasley man.

The gage is Beasley played against good competition, was the man on his team and he still put up astronomical numbers. You got to take him. In addition, Beasley could play SF and play it strong. He could shoot his butt off.

As for this unsubstantiated rumor, it may not be true but it makes sense. I checked and Haslem/Blount expire at the end of the 09/10 season. Now days, its not just the players you could put on the floor. Its needs/talent/ and contracts.
pureuncut100

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Joe Alexander, I'm sorry but I think you overrate him just a little.
Chicano

Postby shush on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Lakers get: #2 pick (oj mayo) and RJ

Heat get: Lamar + #58 pick

Nets get: Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem

FTW!
yes it's true. i don't like d-fish
shush

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Weezy wrote:

Who on the Clipps, Bucks or Knicks is worth the #2 pick though? I mean who on those teams has as much potential as a guy like Beasly?

Well those teams are shopping:
Clipps - Maggs & Brand in S&T (too big of contracts)
Bucks - Mo Williams, Yi, and Redd
Knicks - Rose and Lee

I'd gladly take Lee from the Knicks but I'm not sure there would be enough minutes up front to go around. I'm sure we could get D'Antoni to take Vlad if they were getting the #2. It would take including another team to give us something decent. Making it a 4 team deal which makes my idea even less likely.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Perfecto on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:39 pm

:jam2: :man10:

Rumors that never happen. Love it!
The Perfecto O Damns! Alba l Cuthbert l Beckinsale l Spears
Johansson l Rihanna l Panettiere l Baird l Cassie l Tweedy
Perfecto

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:39 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:

The gage is Beasley played against good competition, was the man on his team and he still put up astronomical numbers. You got to take him. In addition, Beasley could play SF and play it strong. He could shoot his butt off.

I just don't like Beasley in this offense. He's the 2nd best player in the draft, without a question, but I'm not sure how he'd fit.
JSM

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Shouldn't we be getting more than Lee back?

I would personally look at trading the #2 along with Vlad or Luke to Memphis for Miller and their #5 and then draft Mayo if he's still available.
Last edited by Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Radner

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Chicano wrote:Joe Alexander, I'm sorry but I think you overrate him just a little.

I don't think so. I never said he was near a top 2 talent, but teams are killing themselves trying to get into the top 2. If you can rob them and walk away with Alexander, that's a pretty good deal.

Lee will be a top 5 player from this draft, I could see him being the 3rd best player when it's all said and done. He has an amazing work ethic. He didn't grow up watching or playing basketball. He only averaged 1 point a game his freshman year, that just shows you have far he's come. He's the next Shawn Marion minus the ego.
JSM

Postby Shortodom on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:

As for this unsubstantiated rumor, it may not be true but it makes sense. I checked and Haslem/Blount expire at the end of the 09/10 season. Now days, its not just the players you could put on the floor. Its needs/talent/ and contracts.

True but this is almost like the Gasol trade, i don't see it happening at all. We dump Odom and get a franchise player and 2 good back ups. sounds way too good to be true.
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 pm

I have been listening to ESPN radio for the last hour and heard nothing about this trade. I CALL B.S. A trade rumor of this magnitude involving the Lakers wouldve made the rounds by now.
pureuncut100

Postby emplay on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 pm

that's a pure load of crap - but then if you said Kwame for Gasol I'd say the same thing :freak2:
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 pm

May indeed be BS, but it's sure fun to talk about. :mhihi:
Chicano

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Shortodom wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

True but this is almost like the Gasol trade, i don't see it happening at all. We dump Odom and get a franchise player and 2 good back ups. sounds way too good to be true.

When Beasley was 6'10" and not 6'7", I wouldnt even entertain this thread. But at 6'7" and some rumored lazy workouts, I dont doubt that Pat Riley may be shopping this pick. This trade would be nothing like the Odom trade. There is a very good chance that Odom is a better player for Miami than Beasley. Of course, it isnt that simple. Needs, talent, Contracts.
pureuncut100

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:01 pm

JSM wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

I just don't like Beasley in this offense. He's the 2nd best player in the draft, without a question, but I'm not sure how he'd fit.

I think Beasley would be a beast. Again, he was the man on his college team and still got his, huge numbers. Imagine if he played on a team with Bynum, Gasol and Kobe. His FG% would be better than in college. This guy could shoot, put the ball on the floor and bang. What more do you want? The Lakers need one more player that could get his. That could create for others. Beasley fits that mold better than anyone beside Kobe.
pureuncut100

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:01 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
JSM wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

I think Beasley would be a beast. Again, he was the man on his college team and still got his, huge numbers. Imagine if he played on a team with Bynum, Gasol and Kobe. His FG% would be better than in college. This guy could shoot, put the ball on the floor and bang. What more do you want? The Lakers need one more player that could get his. That could create for others. Beasley fits that mold better than anyone beside Kobe.

Can he shoot from outside? That remains to be seen.
Radner

Postby lakerman24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 pm

The Greatest wrote:i dont think beasley fits on this team hes a back to the basket cant really spread the floor for you and our 4 and 5 options are pretty stacked with gasol and bynum but you know who could spread the floor for you kobe bryant at the 3 and you know who you can slot at the two my boy the Trojan The Mr. OJ MAYO he will be a superstar in this league and he can create his own shot in the nba he is probably the most complete player in this draft who can literally walk onto any nba team n start i take mayo #2 or try to trade with minny or seattle move to #3 or #4 and hope mayo falls a lil i think seattle really wants beasley he fits right into the 4 wit them wit durant at 3 and green at 2 seattles 2,3,4 would be set for the next decade

What are you talking about Beasly can shoot the midrange and he have three point range do your home work.
lakerman24

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 pm

lakerman24 wrote:What are you talking about Beasly can shoot the midrange and he have three point range do your home work.
Exactly.
Chicano

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Radner wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:
JSM wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

Can he shoot from outside? That remains to be seen.

Beasley could shoot from outside. I wouldnt be pushing Beasley if I didnt think he provided what the Lakers need next year out of the SF position. He plays like a man, he could shoot out to the 3 (Better 3 point percentage than Kevin Durant), he could shoot mid range, he could create for himself. Lets put it this way, odom, Luke cant shoot from the outside and Radmanovic could shoot from the outside sometimes.
pureuncut100

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm

I think Beasley will be the best player out of this draft. Alexander will surprise some people too.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors