ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:20 pm

I think Beasly would fit just fine. I mean look at Pierce, is he faster, more athletic or anything than Beasly? I don't think so, and with Beasly being listed at 6'7 I think he's a SF in this league. He's just like Pierce IMO, good shooter, big and strong, can score down low, i think he would be great to have.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pump UP the VOLUME on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:28 pm

This would be a terrible trade. You give up an experienced matchup nightmare, rebounding machine like Odom for Blount and Haslem and the #2 pick.

We are already one of the youngest teams in the league and have had enough projects over the last couple of years. Stick to the guy that just helped us get to the NBA finals in Lamar Odom. He is a vet in his prime and has now gone through the battles of getting to the finals. That combo of skill and now finals experience is priceless!!!!
Pump UP the VOLUME

Postby Amongst:Kings on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:29 pm

okay so let me get this right.... Miami trades a player who is regarded as a superstar in the making with superb offense ability both inside and out, an extemely rugged pf and arguably the toughest player in the NBA, and a moble veteran big man who expires for a borderline all star who once played there and a draft pick that wont even matter?

I know I know, look at the Gasol trade. But, they got a huge expiring K(also former first overall pick), 2 future first rounders, a young stufd pg with huge potential, and the rights to the best European prospect that is not in the draft.

If that trade goes down (it wont but IF) then people will really beleive this league is rigged.
Amongst:Kings

Postby Mark McNamara on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Forget Beasley if we get Blount and Haslem. Package the pick for Artest/#12 or BDiddy/#14. :jam2:

Bynum/Blount
Pau/Haslem
Artest/Ariza
Kobe/Sasha
Fish/pick

or

Bynum/Blount
Pau/Haslem
Ariza/pick
Kobe/Sasha
Baron/Fish
Mark McNamara

Postby Shortodom on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:Forget Beasley if we get Blount and Haslem. Package the pick for Artest/#12 or BDiddy/#14. :jam2:

Bynum/Blount
Pau/Haslem
Artest/Ariza
Kobe/Sasha
Fish/pick

or

Bynum/Blount
Pau/Haslem
Ariza/pick
Kobe/Sasha
Baron/Fish

Artest yeah, Davis no
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Weezy wrote:with Beasly being listed at 6'7 I think he's a SF in this league.

Getting nitpicky, but his pre-draft measurement was 6' 8.25" with shoes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dvdrdiscs on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Pump UP the VOLUME wrote:This would be a terrible trade. You give up an experienced matchup nightmare, rebounding machine like Odom for Blount and Haslem and the #2 pick.

We are already one of the youngest teams in the league and have had enough projects over the last couple of years. Stick to the guy that just helped us get to the NBA finals in Lamar Odom. He is a vet in his prime and has now gone through the battles of getting to the finals. That combo of skill and now finals experience is priceless!!!!

LOL. You can propose a trade like Sasha for Wade and there will be AT LEAST one person who can somehow justify not pulling the gun.
dvdrdiscs

Postby 10scott10 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:48 pm

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Pump UP the VOLUME wrote:This would be a terrible trade. You give up an experienced matchup nightmare, rebounding machine like Odom for Blount and Haslem and the #2 pick.

LOL. You can propose a trade like Sasha for Wade and there will be AT LEAST one person who can somehow justify not pulling the gun.

wade can't shoot from distance and doesn't even try on defense...
10scott10

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Miami Herald: To trade or not to trade the No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA Draft?

Heat executives have said they will listen to offers. Whether the team pulls the trigger and possibly unloads projected second-overall pick Michael Beasley remains to be seen. This much is certain: The phones have been ringing in the Heat's front office as other teams try to move up in the draft.

Teams can trade their picks until 2 p.m. Thursday, when the NBA imposes a moratorium until the draft begins. If the Heat wants to make a trade, it must first select a player because the league stipulates that teams cannot deal draft picks in consecutive years. The Heat traded its 2009 first-round pick to Minnesota in October in the Antoine Walker deal, which brought Blount and Ricky Davis to Miami.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Are there similarities between Beasley and Melo ?

I don't watch NCAA , but from what ive heard based on his height he might be similar.
GinoDB

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:12 pm

The only good thing about this and every other rumor is that because we finished the season in June and the rumors will 2 day from now. At least the Draft pick rumors anyway, and since I don't think we're signing anyone with the MLE these are probably the only rumors we hear. Much better than last year when it was week after week of lame draft rumors.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby chug o nomics on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Whether this is true or not, it's fun just to speculate.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 pm

andrew/ blount
gasol/ haslem
beasley/ ariza
kobe/ sasha
fisher/ farmar

do we better ourselves offensively maybe

do we better ourselves defensively hell no

i don't know

it makes our future look even brighter but does it make our present look that much better.
last stand

Postby The LeBrons on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:25 pm

Riley can't be that stupid can he? Dumping the #2 pick to cut 1 year off 14 mill worth of salary?
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:28 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Riley can't be that stupid can he? Dumping the #2 pick to cut 1 year off 14 mill worth of salary?

he wouldn't use lamar as an expiring

he'd use lamar as a piece

??????
lamar
marion
wade
??????

thats a good core

they'll have more money
last stand

Postby Jajwa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:30 pm

I'd throw in Farmar to make it happen even. I really don't think people quite understand.

Getting Beasley is the equivalent of extending the team's title clock to eternity.

Why do it make sense for Miami?

They get to have a fast team of:

PG- Farmar
SG- Wade
SF- Marion
PF- Odom
C- Eventually they hope to sign a C
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Jajwa wrote:I'd throw in Farmar to make it happen even. I really don't think people quite understand.

Getting Beasley is the equivalent of extending the team's title clock to eternity.

Why do it make sense for Miami?

They get to have a fast team of:

PG- Farmar
SG- Wade
SF- Marion
PF- Odom
C- Eventually they hope to sign a C

it extends the clock but does it still mean we are good for next year or do we take a step back

i guess he can't be worse offensively than lamar

but he can be worse than lamar defensively

is this derrick coleman part 2
last stand

Postby RobinHood on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Its funny no one has heard this yet please ban LAKEROC
RobinHood

Postby lakb8 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 pm

I would rather take mayo with the 2nd pick. I am not to sure about beasley's future...

Future star from Canada.
lakb8

Postby Jajwa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:36 pm

It really doesn't matter essentially for next year. You can trade Haslem for a point guard with a decent length contract and just move from there.

If they Lakers do it's purely and simply what I've grown to call a "Laker move". The Lakers take risks like this. They go for the big win, they try to get the greatest players, the greatest talents.

This kid is cocky enough and good enough to pair with Kobe.

We would likely win the title next year and even if we didn't win the title next year, we'd have a title window between Beasley and Bynum for the next fifteen years.
Jajwa

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:36 pm

chug o nomics wrote:Whether this is true or not, it's fun just to speculate.

true, this why I love these days before the draft .
GinoDB

Postby soonerboy824 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:41 pm

i think we take mayo if we get this trade and dont try to move it

our lineup could be either

PG fisher farmar
SG kobe sasha
SF ariza mayo
PF gasol haslem
C bynum turiaf

PG fisher farmar
SG mayo sasha
SF kobe ariza
PF gasol haslem
C bynum turiaf

haslem could even start with gasol offf the bench to give us an even better more prolific bench with a good defensive starting lineup
soonerboy824

Postby The LeBrons on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:43 pm

I just hope Mayo gets picked 3rd.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:58 pm

soonerboy824 wrote:i think we take mayo if we get this trade and dont try to move it

our lineup could be either

PG fisher farmar
SG kobe sasha
SF ariza mayo
PF gasol haslem
C bynum turiaf

PG fisher farmar
SG mayo sasha
SF kobe ariza
PF gasol haslem
C bynum turiaf

haslem could even start with gasol offf the bench to give us an even better more prolific bench with a good defensive starting lineup

No way Phil starts Mayo his rookie season.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

BS or not, it's fun to talk about.
Chicano

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors