ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:44 pm

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

Considering they do this, do we get better, worse or stay the same?

Also, assuming we do this trade, and Rose is taken #1, who do the Lakers select with #2.
LAKEROC

Re: Lakers/Miami rumors are heating up

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:47 pm

LAKEROC wrote:ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

Also, assuming we do this trade, and Rose is taken #1, who do the Lakers select with #2.

I cant believe the Miami would do that trade. I do believe though that if the Lakers throw in Farmar, that trade gets done.

If we were to get the #2 pick, it has to be Beasley.
pureuncut100

Postby chiragronvelia on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:50 pm

I would do this. It works for us but without farmar.
chiragronvelia

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I have a hard time believing Riley hates Beasley that much. Considering the other teams he's talking to has a top 10 pick, I don't see him making a trade that takes him out of the draft entirely.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

:man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man4: :man13: :man4:

Damn, I love rumors. Gets me excited to think we have a shot at Beasley or Rose.

PLUS Haslem?

:man13:
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:52 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

I cant believe the Miami would do that trade. I do believe though that if the Lakers throw in Farmar, that trade gets done.

I hope you are assuming that Rose is gone by that point, because I can almost guarantee you that the Buss family and Mitch would love to have Derrick Rose on this team more than Micheal Beasely.

Rose on the Lakers would be my dream :man13:
LAKEROC

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 pm

LAKEROC wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

I hope you are assuming that Rose is gone by that point, because I can almost guarantee you that the Buss family and Mitch would love to have Derrick Rose on this team more than Micheal Beasely.

Blount and Haslem? The number 2 (Beasley)? Huh?

Why would we do this? Why do we need a bunch of big guys when we have two 7 footers in our lineup? How does this address our need for a decent starting 3?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

Blount and Haslem? The number 2 (Beasley)? Huh?

Why would we do this? Why do we need a bunch of big guys when we have two 7 footers in our lineup? How does this address our need for a decent starting 3?

For one, would someone please confirm this rumor. For two, I would love to have Haslem on the Lakers. Haslem is a straight up banger and anyone who saw the finals knows he is exactly what the doctor ordered. He plays like a man while some of our guys play like boys.

If this trade were to go down, its about cap space as opposed to needs. The Lakers bringing in a rookie contract and the Heat getting rid of some.
pureuncut100

Postby LakersFan1211 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:00 pm

That'll be nice if we get the #2 and plus we got some bench players that can help us on rebounds .
LakersFan1211

Postby chiragronvelia on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 pm

there is always trade possibilities!
chiragronvelia

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 pm

Blount is a center, and address our backup center need.

Haslem is a small forward who is a very capable
rebounder

Beasely is a power forward, and would backup up Gasol, while giving the Lakers strength and toughness on the inside.

If you don't want Beasely you could always take OJ Mayo at #3, which gives incentive in case Sasha bolts this summer.
LAKEROC

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm

LAKEROC wrote:Blount is a center, and address our backup center need.

Haslem is a small forward who is a very capable
rebounder

Beasely is a power forward, and would backup up Gasol, while giving the Lakers strength and toughness on the inside.

If you don't want Beasely you could always take OJ Mayo at #3, which gives incentive in case Sasha bolts this summer.

You've got it backwards. Haslem is a PF. Beasley is a PF who could play SF.
JSM

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

ANyone who has been on this board lately knows that I thought the Lakers were in an uncanny position to get Beasley.

I just dont know if the rumors are true. But I think the rumor is fair. I initially thought it would take Odom/Farmar and the lakers taking back a bad contract. Well Odom for 2 bad contracts and the #2 is about the same.

Either way, the Lakers may not get the #2 but they have the pieces to be contenders for the pick. We could definitely be competitive given Odom, contracts and the Heat needs.
pureuncut100

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:07 pm

The Lakers are absolutely raping the Heat in this deal.

As far as our side, this has to mean two things:

1. Ronny is not going to get re-sign due to Haslem

2. Haslem may be traded again for a need.

or

3. The Heat chose Haslem not us.
Last edited by Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Radner

Postby RobinHood on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Maybe the Heat feel they owe us after the Shaq holocaust?
RobinHood

Postby Calistrtballr on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Do it Mitch! :jam2:
Calistrtballr

Postby Lord Johnny on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm

I hate the heat but a team of

Wade/Marion/Odom= :man13:
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby The Greatest on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:13 pm

i dont think beasley fits on this team hes a back to the basket cant really spread the floor for you and our 4 and 5 options are pretty stacked with gasol and bynum but you know who could spread the floor for you kobe bryant at the 3 and you know who you can slot at the two my boy the Trojan The Mr. OJ MAYO he will be a superstar in this league and he can create his own shot in the nba he is probably the most complete player in this draft who can literally walk onto any nba team n start i take mayo #2 or try to trade with minny or seattle move to #3 or #4 and hope mayo falls a lil i think seattle really wants beasley he fits right into the 4 wit them wit durant at 3 and green at 2 seattles 2,3,4 would be set for the next decade
The Greatest

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

There is no freaking way in hell this is true, if it were it'd be DONE already. We get Blount, a competent backup C, Haslem, a good PF, and Beasly, who would be our future SF for YEARS to come for Odom and the 58th pick? Yeah right, would this be Riley apologizing for not giving us Wade for Shaq?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

The Greatest wrote:i dont think beasley fits on this team hes a back to the basket cant really spread the floor for you and our 4 and 5 options are pretty stacked with gasol and bynum but you know who could spread the floor for you kobe bryant at the 3 and you know who you can slot at the two my boy the Trojan The Mr. OJ MAYO he will be a superstar in this league and he can create his own shot in the nba he is probably the most complete player in this draft who can literally walk onto any nba team n start i take mayo #2 or try to trade with minny or seattle move to #3 or #4 and hope mayo falls a lil i think seattle really wants beasley he fits right into the 4 wit them wit durant at 3 and green at 2 seattles 2,3,4 would be set for the next decade

Mayo is probably who we would take. I would be ecstatic to get him.

A legit point for the Lakers :jam2:
Radner

Postby chiragronvelia on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Wade/Marion/Odom=

I still do not think they can make a deep run in the playoffs with Wade/Marion/Odom[/quote]
chiragronvelia

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:17 pm

chiragronvelia wrote:

Wade/Marion/Odom=

I still do not think they can make a deep run in the playoffs with Wade/Marion/Odom
[/quote]

They're probably making room for Brand though I don't know how it works financially with Marion on board.
Radner

Postby The Greatest on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:17 pm

beasley cant play sf on this team he needs to be close to the basket lamar has a better chance at sf then beasley beasley is a banger who wants to post up hes not gona knock down three point bombs and the lane is already clogged wit bynum and gasol the smart move is to take mayo its all about OJ baby
The Greatest

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Wow, this trade rumors forum is finally really bumping again...indeed it is the offseason. :jam2:
Chicano

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Let's assume for a second this is true. I'd send the #2 pick to the Knicks, Clippers, or Bucks (depending on who we can milk a quality player out of) and take Joe Alexander.
JSM

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors