A few draft rumors

A few draft rumors

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:00 am

Posted from Sky at LT...

To clarify, this rumor comes from a friend of mine with league office connects but he emphasized this is one of many options and is totally contingent on who Toronto likes and how much. If and only if they are not in love with Wright, Granger or Frye they are open to dealing 7 for Butler and a second rounder.

In the upcoming dual mock with Butcher (look for it shortly) I have Wright going at 6 and Toronto taking Granger at 7. Granger just had the great workout vs. Warrick in Chicago, if the Raps are sold on him, the trade possibility dies.

Putting together a variety of rumors:

1) Utah is looking to deal up with Portland for 3. The deal includes Snyder going out, so the Jazz have a void at 2.

2) The Lakers are working out players who would go around 17 (Jack, Bynum) which can indicate they expect to have that pick from Indy.

3) The Jazz like Simien, don't like Felton.

4) Okur gave an interview in Turkey saying he wants to play at 4 not 5.

Put all four together and it's possible that Utah deals up for Paul, has a void at 2 that's filled by a Butler-Boozer deal, replaces Boozer with Simien, drafts Morris at 27 (who they also like a lot) as a future starting center. Now Utah is set. Paul-Butler-AK47-Okur-Morris with Simien as the 3rd player in the power rotation, they re-sign Raja Bell, and keep Harpring as 6th man. Jazz cut payroll significantly, have cap room next year and a big trade X. Makes sense for them, imo makes sense for LA, Boozer hatas be damned.

As for drafting Diogu instead, depends on who is left on the board for Golden State at 9. They need an inside scorer that can swat. If Frye is taken at 8 by Isiah as rumored, the Warriors could very well take Diogu at 9, who would be a great fit for them. Granger had a disastrous workout for them, broken ingrown toenail that he tried to treat on his own and it got so bad he had to stop the workout. All I'm saying here is that Diogu could very well go at 9. It's not a safe assumption to expect him to still be there for the Laker pick at 10.

flexxdzl

Postby KOBE THE GREAT on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:09 pm

VERY NICE LIKE IT ALOT HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET SOME DEALS DONE

not sold on boozer but hey it is what it is they guy is 20-10 material and that is production we didnt have out of PF last year and definately need
Kobe... the millenium MJ
KOBE THE GREAT

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:20 pm

Very nice. I'm not much of a "Boozer-to-L.A." fan, largely because his contract is much bigger than his game. But I will say that he would improve our team.....hey, maybe Phil can inspire him.
Mark McNamara

Re: A few draft rumors

Postby bleed purple n gold on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:27 pm

flexxdzl wrote:Posted from Sky at LT...

To clarify, this rumor comes from a friend of mine with league office connects but he emphasized this is one of many options and is totally contingent on who Toronto likes and how much. If and only if they are not in love with Wright, Granger or Frye they are open to dealing 7 for Butler and a second rounder.

In the upcoming dual mock with Butcher (look for it shortly) I have Wright going at 6 and Toronto taking Granger at 7. Granger just had the great workout vs. Warrick in Chicago, if the Raps are sold on him, the trade possibility dies.

1) Utah is looking to deal up with Portland for 3. The deal includes Snyder going out, so the Jazz have a void at 2.

2) The Lakers are working out players who would go around 17 (Jack, Bynum) which can indicate they expect to have that pick from Indy.

Put all four together and it's possible that Utah deals up for Paul, has a void at 2 that's filled by a Butler-Boozer deal, replaces Boozer with Simien, drafts Morris at 27 (who they also like a lot) as a future starting center. Now Utah is set. Paul-Butler-AK47-Okur-Morris with Simien as the 3rd player in the power rotation, they re-sign Raja Bell, and keep Harpring as 6th man. Jazz cut payroll significantly, have cap room next year and a big trade X. Makes sense for them, imo makes sense for LA, Boozer hatas be damned.

As for drafting Diogu instead, depends on who is left on the board for Golden State at 9. They need an inside scorer that can swat. If Frye is taken at 8 by Isiah as rumored, the Warriors could very well take Diogu at 9, who would be a great fit for them. Granger had a disastrous workout for them, broken ingrown toenail that he tried to treat on his own and it got so bad he had to stop the workout. All I'm saying here is that Diogu could very well go at 9. It's not a safe assumption to expect him to still be there for the Laker pick at 10.

how likely is the butler/boozer trade?

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Re: A few draft rumors

Postby BadNewsBear on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:27 pm

flexxdzl wrote:Posted from Sky at LT...

If they don't take him and Toronto takes Wright or Granger, he'd become a Laker! :jam2:
BadNewsBear

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:06 pm

wow. good find, flex, i hadn't seen that post from sky.

if felton slipped to 10 and both the boozer and bender deals went down, that's an excellent summer for the lakers...
abeer3

Return to Sourced Rumors