Five Lamar Sign-And-Trades That Make Sense For The Lakers

Re: Five Lamar Sign-And-Trades That Make Sense For The Lakers

Postby Radner on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 pm

TheGM wrote:Don't be so sure on that - if Wade agrees to sign an extension because Miami is trying to win now, they would happily give up Beasley to keep Wade. Wade isn't getting younger and Beasley isn't going to help a win now situation as the 2nd option. For LA he can be the 6th man and 5th option and still develop without our success depending on him becoming a 20 and 10 guy. It might be Blount and Beasley, but if Riley can turn Haslem into Boozer and Beasley into LO, he might go ahead and scrap the future in Beasley for the present with Wade.

There are 29 others teams in the NBA besides the Lakers. Miami can get more out of a Beasley deal than just Odom.
Radner

Postby Tactical on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 pm

tom55 wrote:
Tactical wrote:
tom55 wrote:If Utah is involed, why not try to replace Odom with Kirilinko. Thats one of the few moves I can think of that could make the Lakers better.

Better? No way.

Kirilinko is basically a defensive version of Odom. We be better with him, we might not...but we wouldn't lose much that for sure.

There is no way in hell this Lakers team is anywhere near as good with AK instead of Odom. Maybe 4-5 years ago AK, but not this version.
Tactical

Postby TheGM on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Radner wrote:
TheGM wrote:Don't be so sure on that - if Wade agrees to sign an extension because Miami is trying to win now, they would happily give up Beasley to keep Wade. Wade isn't getting younger and Beasley isn't going to help a win now situation as the 2nd option. For LA he can be the 6th man and 5th option and still develop without our success depending on him becoming a 20 and 10 guy. It might be Blount and Beasley, but if Riley can turn Haslem into Boozer and Beasley into LO, he might go ahead and scrap the future in Beasley for the present with Wade.

There are 29 others teams in the NBA besides the Lakers. Miami can get more out of a Beasley deal than just Odom.

Maybe, but Riley LOVES Odom. He has shown to trade younger players (Odom and Butler) for a chance to win now (Shaq and now Odom).
TheGM

Postby tom55 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Better? No way.[/quote]

Kirilinko is basically a defensive version of Odom. We be better with him, we might not...but we wouldn't lose much that for sure.[/quote]

There is no way in hell this Lakers team is anywhere near as good with AK instead of Odom. Maybe 4-5 years ago AK, but not this version.[/quote]

AK hates playing for Jerry Slone and basically wastes his talent because of it. He's still in his prime...I'm not aware of any major injuries he's suffered, so he should be capable of playing the kind of defense he did when he was younger.
tom55

Postby chrisinfinity on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:55 pm

TheGM wrote:
Radner wrote:

Maybe, but Riley LOVES Odom. He has shown to trade younger players (Odom and Butler) for a chance to win now (Shaq and now Odom).

I dont care everyone would rather have Beasley then Odom. :jam2:
chrisinfinity

Postby tom55 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:57 pm

TheGM wrote:
Radner wrote:

Beasely is garbage. He's not worth as much as you think. I wouldn't trade Odom for him. Beasely doesn't have half the talent of Odom.
tom55

Postby DMK on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:57 pm

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby lalfan on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 pm

TheGM wrote:This are the worst ideas ever.

Here are 5;

LO for Gerald Wallace

LO and Morrison for Chandler, Lee and Jeffries

LO for Haslem and Beasley

LO and Farmar for Hinrich and TT

LO to Dallas, Josh Howard to another team and big man back to LA.

sad to break it to you, LO is not as worthy as you may think he is. so what, the guy is 6'10'' who can dribble and rebound, other than those things, his game hasn't improved a bit since his rookie year. i think the scenarios OP painted are very realistic and are worthy of discussion.
lalfan

Postby tom55 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 pm

lalfan wrote:

Here are 5;

LO for Gerald Wallace

sad to break it to you, LO is not as worthy as you may think he is. so what, the guy is 6'10'' who can dribble and rebound, other than those things, his game hasn't improved a bit since his rookie year. i think the scenarios OP painted are very realistic and are worthy of discussion.

Someone should get the point across to Odom that his game hasn't improved since being in the NBA. If he maxed out his talent the Lakers would never have even let him become a free agent.
tom55

Postby kobe_008 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Why not S&T to portland?

ODOM+Farmar for Prizbilla+Fernandez+fillers/sraft picks

ODOM is worth more than what we are S&T him with
kobe_008

Postby TheGM on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm

lalfan wrote:

Here are 5;

LO for Gerald Wallace

I don't disagree with you, but some people think highly of him and think he is worth 5 years at 50 million. Other than Beasley, I can see all the teams listed above having a reason to make the trade for LO even if he has all those flaws. If you think Z for Odom is more realistic, I have some beach front property to sell you.
TheGM

Postby ronartest37 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:25 pm

wtf hahaha plz god no
ronartest37

Postby Center Court on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Haha these are absolutely garbage, I cant even begin to explain how bad these are for LA.

Why would we hand Cle the ring? Shaq/Odom/James/West/Mo? GET OUTTA HERE

Some trades that I'd consider are

1) Odom, Ammo for Nate (S&T 2/$10), Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries

We add Nate who is a 6th man candidate and offensive spark plug off the bench AND Wilson Chandler who is a Ariza like player that can add hustle and energy as a 3/4. With that move I'd sign Joe Smith. For NY they get an IDEAL fit for MDA's offense. Ammo for JJ just clears cap space and Nate is about to leave for nothing anyway. Really it comes down to Chandler for Odom. With more opened cap space from Adam's expiring K, NY can really go after Wade and another star next year. Besides all that, Ammo may just be somewhat effective under MDA.

2) Odom, Farmar, 2 Future 2nds for Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich.

We get the perfect PG for this team and a hustling big who can block shots rebound and is developing a offensive game. Tyrus reminds me of Shawn Marion meets Marcus Camby. I also think he's the perfect 4 next to Bynum in the future. I doubt Chicago does this but they would have a very long, athletic, versatile lineup.

3) Odom for Chandler

Call me crazy but Chandler would be a great fit off the bench. His contract expires soon and in the mean time he could get 30 mins a game and be a huge rebound/shotblocker next to both Bynum and Gasol.

4) Odom, Farmar, Ammo for Ellis, Turiaf, Wright.

Ronny would be a huge addition to the PF/C rotation and Ellis could be a very good backup pg. Wright finally would be given a chance to grow into his own player. GS doesn't do this most likely BUT oh well.

HOWEVER, I'D STILL WANT ODOM BACK
Center Court

Postby sniperdog614 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:

Lamar Odom to Cleveland for Zydrunas Ilgauskas - I prefer this option to the Dampier one. I think Dr. Buss could stomach the $11 million for one year, especially since it gives Mitch Kupchak a big expiring contract to make a deal with at the All-Star break. The Cavs are also interested in Odom, or at least the players are. Even if the Lakers kept Big Z for the entire season, he would be a great back-up center and mentor to Diaper Drew.

Lamar Odom to Orlando for Mickael Pietrus and their trade exemption - This makes a lot of sense to me. Odom would still be close to a beach, and he would also get his dough. He’s also a better, albeit it slightly older, player than Pietrus, whose value to the Magic isn’t what it once was following the Vince Carter trade. Meanwhile, L.O. replaces the versatility the Magic lost when Hedo Turkaglu bolted. Again, we lose a bit on talent here, but it’s better than letting Odom walk. Additionally, I’m 100% certain Ron Artest can play some four. (For more on the Magic’s $6.8 million trade exception, check out Howard the Dunk.)

Would you really want to send someone of Odom's talent and versatility to such big contenders in the east. Cleveland is already a strong team with Shaq and Lebron that will create obvious mismatches, adding Odom to the mix will give them a three-pronged attack that is very characteristic of our own championship team. IMO, this option is worse than letting Odom walk for money to the Heat. One less thing to worry about, imagine seeing a motivated(for obvious reasons if he doesn't come to terms with the Lakers) Odom in a finals match up, assuming we make it to the finals again. That's a nightmare case right there. Might be a good financial decision but probably not the best basketball team decision.

To the Magic, slightly better but still not a team you want to give such a talented player especially if hes motivated to prove something to Lakers management.
sniperdog614

Postby tom55 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Center Court wrote:Haha these are absolutely garbage, I cant even begin to explain how bad these are for LA.

Why would we hand Cle the ring? Shaq/Odom/James/West/Mo? GET OUTTA HERE

Some trades that I'd consider are

1) Odom, Ammo for Nate (S&T 2/$10), Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries

We add Nate who is a 6th man candidate and offensive spark plug off the bench AND Wilson Chandler who is a Ariza like player that can add hustle and energy as a 3/4. With that move I'd sign Joe Smith. For NY they get an IDEAL fit for MDA's offense. Ammo for JJ just clears cap space and Nate is about to leave for nothing anyway. Really it comes down to Chandler for Odom. With more opened cap space from Adam's expiring K, NY can really go after Wade and another star next year. Besides all that, Ammo may just be somewhat effective under MDA.

2) Odom, Farmar, 2 Future 2nds for Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich.

We get the perfect PG for this team and a hustling big who can block shots rebound and is developing a offensive game. Tyrus reminds me of Shawn Marion meets Marcus Camby. I also think he's the perfect 4 next to Bynum in the future. I doubt Chicago does this but they would have a very long, athletic, versatile lineup.

3) Odom for Chandler

Call me crazy but Chandler would be a great fit off the bench. His contract expires soon and in the mean time he could get 30 mins a game and be a huge rebound/shotblocker next to both Bynum and Gasol.

4) Odom, Farmar, Ammo for Ellis, Turiaf, Wright.

Ronny would be a huge addition to the PF/C rotation and Ellis could be a very good backup pg. Wright finally would be given a chance to grow into his own player. GS doesn't do this most likely BUT oh well.

HOWEVER, I'D STILL WANT ODOM BACK

The first two trades are really good ideas. Jefferies and Tyrus Thomas would both be a good replacement.
tom55

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:27 pm

WTFeeze
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:01 am

why would we go deep into luxery tax for guy like Diaw, Damp or Ziggy?

what a waste of time...dumbest author ever.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby earvinfr on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:28 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Why not just title his column: How the Lakers can help their rivals and screw themselves. :man9:

:jam2:
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby agent13 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 am

all crap, sounds like deals isiah thomas would make.
agent13

Postby ammofan on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 am

Diaw and Diop is a good option though....other than his bad contract, Diop can be a great defensive stopper down low off the bench. Diaw make everyone better because he is such a wonderful passer and he can stretch the floor with his 3 point shooting.
ammofan

Postby abeer3 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:11 am

wow. mostly terrible, and several involve taking back more salary than buss wants to spend on lamar himself. diaw makes some sense in theory, but in practice, he's getting the salary the lakers don't want to spend on odom. just keep odom if you're going to pay diaw.

guy doesn't have his facts straight, either. dampier's contract is essentially expiring (it's non-guaranteed and heavily incentive-based for 2011--incentives he has no chance of attaining).

that doesn't mean the lakers should trade for him, though.
abeer3

Postby GuRu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 am

Here are 5;

LO for Gerald Wallace

These 5 are worse than the original 5 because every single one of them is complete pipe unless Mitch has compromising photos of the opposing GM's.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:12 am

The first one is the only one I wouldn't completely flip out about. The rest are just horrible.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:12 am

I have a better trade that both helps our team talent wise and financially. S&T Odum to contract for 42 mil 4 years with the contract being low end so that the first year starts at 9 mil. Then add the contracts of Fisher, Luke, and Sasha this will bring the trade value to 24 mil. In return we get J.Oneal's expiring contract and J.Moon as a throw in. Miami will buy out Fisher for 3 mil and then we resign him for the Bi-annual.Thats the basic senario, I would prefer to get Dequan Cook instead of moon, but either one will due. This trade will give us an Ariza type of player in Moon and a beast of a foward-center that can back up both Bynum and Gasol. Since this would be O'neals contract year he will be at his best. We only lose three players in this deal and save a ton cash for 2010. I hate to see Lamar leave but this great opportunity for the lakers. This also helps the heat because of the expience of luke, sasha and odum. With this trade we will beast on defense and the heat will be one the top three teams in the east. After this deal, next years salery will be somewhere between 65 mil and 70 mil. Maybe less.
AztecaEmperor

Postby MJ32-notMJ23 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 am

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.......................

Lamar for Josh Smith? Yes
Lamar and Farmar for Hinrich and A.N. Other (Deng?)? Oui
Resign Lamar like he said he wants to (said that he wants to resign and would even take a pay cut)? Si
A legendary day (81 points) - Jan. 22, 2006 vs. Raptors.
And at the end of 3 quarters, the Mavs - 61, Kobe Bryant - 62 - Dec. 20, 2005

If Lakers was a religion....
Kobe is our Messiah
Magic Johnson is our God
Mikan is our Prophet
Phil Jackson is our Pope
and 16 Championships is our Promised Land
MJ32-notMJ23

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors