Frnacis maybe!?!

Frnacis maybe!?!

Postby Lamar4MVP on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:22 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _contract/
Orlando Offers Keyon Dooling A Three-Year $9 Million Contract
21st July, 2005 - 2:55 am
RealGM - Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress reported exclusively to RealGM that the Orlando Magic have offered Miami Heat free agent Keyon Dooling a three-year $9 million contract.

Givony learned of the offer on Wednesday evening from a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Dooling, who has averaged 5.8 point per game over his five years in the NBA, has yet to accept the deal, as the Nets are also in the running for his services.

Ohm Youngmisuk of the New York Daily News reported that Dooling had arrived in New Jersey on Wednesday night in prepartion of his visit on Thursday with the Nets.

Whether or not the Nets agree to a sign-and-trade deal with the Blazers for Shareef Abdur-Rahim will likely be the deciding factor on where Dooling eventually signs. If the Nets are forced to use their mid level exception on Abdur-Rahim, then they would be out of the running for Dooling.

Dooling was selected by the Magic in 2000, but was traded to the Clippers on Draft Night.

The 6-3 guard out of Missouri became a key member of Miami's playoff run last season after four uneventful seasons with the Clippers.

Givony also reports that signing Dooling could open things up for the Magic to deal Steve Francis, who has been the subject of trade rumors this summer. Givony's source indicated that the Lakers are one of the teams reportedly very interested in acquiring Francis and that Lamar Odom would definitely not be included in the discussions

Read the last Line!!!!!
Lamar4MVP

Postby Lamar4MVP on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:24 am

If the Lakers trade for Francis, doesn't that kill their 07 cap space plan? Or would they just give up on that plan because of the opportunity to get Francis for nothing? And what do we have to offer them? Kobe/Odom/Bynum/Brown are the untouchables, Who's left to trade with some value??? George, Mihm? Jones? or maybe they want to clear cap????? Grant(to waive him) Vlade?
Lamar4MVP

Postby kobynum on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:59 am

If orlando want to clear cap then we can send them...
George, slava, divac, first round pick of '06 (from miami/trade with shaq)
kobynum

Postby kobe4ever on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:00 am

ya it does... but i dont mind having francis in our lineup. bu the problem is francis is more like a scorer than a passer...

if the trade goes through i think it will be like

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
9.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.9 minutes

Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg
7.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 20.4 minutes

Vlade Divac
7-1 C from Serbia
2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes

Miami's First Rounder

Incoming

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
21.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 7.0 apg in 38.2 minutes

Change in team outlook: +1.9 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and +4.1 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
21.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 7.0 apg in 38.2 minutes

Incoming

Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
9.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.9 minutes

Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg
7.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 20.4 minutes

Vlade Divac
7-1 C from Serbia
2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes

Miami's First rounder

Change in team outlook: -1.9 ppg, +6.5 rpg, and -4.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to L.A. Lakers and Orlando being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and Orlando had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

and divac will buyout and sign with us again or juss retire.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby kobynum on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:10 am

Why mihm ?
We need a center like him on the roster.
kobynum

Postby kobe4ever on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:25 am

kobynum wrote:Why mihm ?
We need a center like him on the roster.

im not saying i wanna trade mihm. im juss saying if the trade goes through dat is the most possible thing dat will happen. because orlando doesnt really have a good center. they have kelvin cato but i think mihm is better than him. also mihm's contract end in two years. george's contract end next year. and they will buyout divac so they could have some cap space.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby kobynum on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:53 am

OK, let's say that mihm goes on that trade...
Who will play center for the lakers ?
Kawame and turiaf the power forwards ? bynum will get his chance so soon ?
Grant and divac are about to leave the team.
kobynum

Postby Dime Dropper on Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:05 am

First of all, I don't know who Steve Frnacis is, but I know who Francis is, and just the prospect of bringing the electric point guard to Los Angeles excites me, but damn, then again, it's just a prospect for now. Kidd, Francis, either one would make a great effect on this team and bring them to the playoffs for sure.
Dime Dropper

Postby Laker Fanatic on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:20 am

Dime Dropper wrote:First of all, I don't know who Steve Frnacis is, but I know who Francis is, and just the prospect of bringing the electric point guard to Los Angeles excites me, but damn, then again, it's just a prospect for now. Kidd, Francis, either one would make a great effect on this team and bring them to the playoffs for sure.

i think it's funny how some of you guys clown guys for a mishap on the keyboard...saw something like this in other threads as well...easy children :man3:
Jerry West is the BEST!
Laker Fanatic

Postby Lamar4MVP on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:44 am

Laker Fanatic wrote:
Dime Dropper wrote:First of all, I don't know who Steve Frnacis is, but I know who Francis is, and just the prospect of bringing the electric point guard to Los Angeles excites me, but damn, then again, it's just a prospect for now. Kidd, Francis, either one would make a great effect on this team and bring them to the playoffs for sure.

i think it's funny how some of you guys clown guys for a mishap on the keyboard...saw something like this in other threads as well...easy children :man3:
:bow: :bow:
Lamar4MVP

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:54 am

kobynum wrote:OK, let's say that mihm goes on that trade...

right. mihm is not going anyhwere unless we acquire another center. for those of us who watched bynum in every SPL game, the guy is not even close to being a starting center. management's estimate of a three year project just to get him ready to play significant minutes may even be optimistic.
Alleyhoops

Postby Smallz on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Laker Fanatic wrote:

for real, yo. it's just a typo.
Smallz

Postby Kingsama on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:03 pm

If we can land Stevie for divac, slava, and dg you have to pull the trigger...

a line up of

steve
kobe
odom
kwame
mihm

could be big time, you augment the Triangle with a fastbreak focus and big things could be in the future...
Kingsama

Postby trodgers on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:17 pm

Kingsama wrote:If we can land Stevie for divac, slava, and dg you have to pull the trigger...

a line up of

steve
kobe
odom
kwame
mihm

could be big time, you augment the Triangle with a fastbreak focus and big things could be in the future...

And that leaves us with literally nothing at big man in terms of depth.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Kingsama on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
Kingsama wrote:If we can land Stevie for divac, slava, and dg you have to pull the trigger...

a line up of

steve
kobe
odom
kwame
mihm

could be big time,
you augment the Triangle with a fastbreak focus and big things could be in the future...

And that leaves us with literally nothing at big man in terms of depth.

how so, we still have grant, mihm, ronny, bynum, kwame, and a resigned divac. Not to mention that Odom, JJ, and Luke could all pull stints at the 4 if needed. we would only be loosing slave and dg...

edit: not to mention that the MLE would not have to be spent on a starting guard, meaning that it could be spent on another big, or split and spent with the LLE on three players...
Kingsama

Postby onetrackt on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:20 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:
kobynum wrote:OK, let's say that mihm goes on that trade...

right. mihm is not going anyhwere unless we acquire another center. for those of us who watched bynum in every SPL game, the guy is not even close to being a starting center. management's estimate of a three year project just to get him ready to play significant minutes may even be optimistic.

I agree, i think he is good but he needs alot of help and when i saw him he couldnt catch the ball and he was kind of soft down low but i think he will get much better by next year. I actually saw steve eating at restaurant in Westwood like a week ago so maybe that is a sign, I doubt it though. If we do trade for him i hope we trade Grant not Mihm but if we trade Mihm i would like to see them sign Hunter for the MLE.
onetrackt

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:45 pm

we need to get francis. this our chance to make a move to bring in a legitimate point guard. everyone says this guy is a ball hog, but last year ranked #7 in the league in assists, and thats on a team that has no superstar. he had grant hill to pass to. imagine what he could do with odom and kobe on his team.

DO IT MITCH - TRADE FOR FRANCIS
westcoast21

Postby zagnut08 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:58 pm

I think any time you have the opportunity to bring in a superstar, without taking a personel hit you do it.

Right now we are looking to sign any ole pg and keep mihm...

well how about we sign a star pg and go for any ole C

worste case, we unload some expiring contracts to aquire a stud, and use him to trade for someone else...

I dont see many reasons why orlando would trade start for garbage but I would love it if they would
zagnut08

Postby chris_co8 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:12 pm

trade: Mihm, George, Vlade and Miamis pick for Francis

Sign Steven Hunter for the MLE
Lue for the LLE

Solid team IMO

Hunter
Brown
Odom
Bryant
Francis

Bynum
Turiaf
Jones
Wafer
Lue

Walton
Vujajic
reserves:
Slava
Parker

Really weak bench, but we have 3 legit scoring options that can be mixed in w/ our bench
chris_co8

Postby garyxkoji on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:30 pm

lue's fast, but hes not the type of point guard phil likes. He is wayy too small and i personally wouldnt want him back. This deal for francis sounds soo damn good, way too good, so it probably wont happen. i say we bring back penberthy and pargo :jam2:
garyxkoji

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:47 pm

WHO IS FNRACIS, IVE NEERHEARD OF HIM
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby kroublees on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:48 pm

yah probably just more wild rumors, to could to be true, but if so go for it MITCH
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:33 pm

forget it. this gm is not capable of pulling off trades for major acquisitions, unless it's top tier laker players that he deals away. he wil continue to lollygag along in the gm minor leagues, making deals regarding second and third tier players. don't expect more from him. that's what we're saddled with.
Alleyhoops

Re: Frnacis maybe!?!

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:32 am

Lamar4MVP wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36729/20050721/orlando_offers_keyon_dooling_a_three_year_$9_million_contract/
Orlando Offers Keyon Dooling A Three-Year $9 Million Contract
21st July, 2005 - 2:55 am
RealGM - Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress reported exclusively to RealGM that the Orlando Magic have offered Miami Heat free agent Keyon Dooling a three-year $9 million contract.

Givony learned of the offer on Wednesday evening from a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Dooling, who has averaged 5.8 point per game over his five years in the NBA, has yet to accept the deal, as the Nets are also in the running for his services.

Ohm Youngmisuk of the New York Daily News reported that Dooling had arrived in New Jersey on Wednesday night in prepartion of his visit on Thursday with the Nets.

Whether or not the Nets agree to a sign-and-trade deal with the Blazers for Shareef Abdur-Rahim will likely be the deciding factor on where Dooling eventually signs. If the Nets are forced to use their mid level exception on Abdur-Rahim, then they would be out of the running for Dooling.

Dooling was selected by the Magic in 2000, but was traded to the Clippers on Draft Night.

The 6-3 guard out of Missouri became a key member of Miami's playoff run last season after four uneventful seasons with the Clippers.

Givony also reports that signing Dooling could open things up for the Magic to deal Steve Francis, who has been the subject of trade rumors this summer. Givony's source indicated that the Lakers are one of the teams reportedly very interested in acquiring Francis and that Lamar Odom would definitely not be included in the discussions

Read the last Line!!!!!

Yeah work for Francis but keep Odom...NOW THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR AND GOOD UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Laker Link

Postby BrianCook_The_Laker on Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Magic planning future with Francis

Several NBA teams have called the Orlando Magic this summer, wondering about the availability of talented but sometimes tempestuous guard Steve Francis.

None have gotten very far.

When Francis attended the Magic's summer-league games in Las Vegas earlier this month, he met with Magic officials to talk about several things, including the trade rumors that continue to circulate around him.

What he learned from that meeting was that he wasn't going anywhere. But it wasn't just the Magic getting the calls from other teams.

"I'd be misleading you if I said, 'I have not received calls from around the league,' people wondering what Steve wanted to do," said Francis' agent, Jeff Fried, who was vacationing in Florida last week. "The interest from other teams was genuine. But Steve likes Orlando. And based on our discussions with the Magic, they like him here."

The upcoming addition of point guard Keyon Dooling led to one rumor that he could be traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, possibly for Lamar Odom. There was talk about a trade to the Minnesota Timberwolves. There was talk about him going to the Boston Celtics for Paul Pierce.

[More in URL]
BrianCook_The_Laker

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors