GSW and Lakers...

GSW and Lakers...

Postby komar on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:16 pm

This one I know is being discussed. Might as well start something.

Golden State Warriors

They are one of the most active teams in trade talks at the moment. The team they put together didn't gel, and the Warriors need to make some serious changes.

It appears that Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and the No. 9 pick are the assets they're looking to move. However, considering the big contracts of Dunleavy and Murphy, they may have to include a young prospect like Andris Biedrins or Mickael Pietrus.

One rumored deal has the Warriors trading Dunleavy, Murphy and the No. 9 pick to the Lakers for Lamar Odom and Aaron McKie.

Another has the Warriors sending Pietrus, Murphy and the No. 9 to the Bulls for Tyson Chandler and the No. 16.

Utah could be another trading partner. A deal that would send Pietrus and Murphy to Utah for Carlos Boozer has been rumored since February.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft200 ... ILC-INHEAD
komar

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:17 pm

no way we go after 2 soft underachieving forwards...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bb7793 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:56 pm

Even though I dont like him and I dont think he could guard his own shadow, Dunleavy could actually do well in the triangle. I know Murphy could. Hmm if there was a way we could get Murphy and #9 for say Mihm/Mckie and Cook
bb7793

Postby komar on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:11 pm

KB8@CL wrote:no way we go after 2 soft underachieving forwards...

right, especially for 1 soft, underachieving forward. uh, yeah. please go to your nearest stat site and check out Murphy's rebounding numbers and just feel Dunleavy. Feel it.
komar

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:17 pm

murphy plays soft, doesn't mean if you grab 12 boards you play big. the only reason why gsw isn't a contender team is because they have nothing down low. murphy has a perimter and free throw game.
eNlight

Postby Still A Dynasty on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:51 pm

they want Odom understandibly.

But no way in hell should we get Dunlevy. Murphy is okay with me but instead of Dun, i want Pietrus, the 9th, Murphy and Monta Ellis.

IF it were me Id say JRich and DFish for Odom and Mihm.

They get a guy who can take all the ball handling pressure off of Baron. They could then proceed to trade Dunleavy, Murphy for Boozer whihc they appear to want to do and finally give Pietrus the chance to devlop.

we get the SF we need. A guy who can score, defend and intiate. He's young but shows improvement every year. Not to mention a familiar PG. Sign banks to the MLE, Rush with the LLE, Profit

We'd have a hole at PF but maybe we could sign and trade George for a pf
Still A Dynasty

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:14 pm

i'd bust a nut if we got J-Rich....i been watchin the dude since the days at MSU....hes sooooo underrated
LakersChamps04

Postby komar on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:27 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:i'd bust a nut if we got J-Rich....i been watchin the dude since the days at MSU....hes sooooo underrated

and
eNlight wrote:murphy plays soft, doesn't mean if you grab 12 boards you play big. the only reason why gsw isn't a contender team is because they have nothing down low. murphy has a perimter and free throw game.

no. no. no. stay focused here. no mention of J-Rich. back to T. Murphy. he is a perfect triangle PF. gives you boards and can knock down the J from the free throw line. we are not looking for him to slaughter anyone, just like we didn't from Lamar. and, yes, 12 rebounds is nice.
komar

Postby LukeWalton on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:36 pm

Diogu, Monta Ellis, Pietrus only guys worthwile...If you can get them both i'd take Adonal Foyle and his nasty contract.
LukeWalton

Postby Klewfish on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Yea i've said this before, I want Lamar Odom to stay. IF we were to do a trade with GSW involving Odom we better get their #9pick/Biendris or Pietrus/Murphy.

Banks
Pietrus
Kobe
Murphy
Kwame

but most likely I dont think Phil would do that, because we have no initiator. Odom is an ideal triangle player as far as an initiator, Phil wouldn't give that up.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:22 pm

ID TAKE PIETRUS/BOOZER IN A 3 WAY TRADE
PurpleNGold1

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:52 pm

komar wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:i'd bust a nut if we got J-Rich....i been watchin the dude since the days at MSU....hes sooooo underrated

and
eNlight wrote:murphy plays soft, doesn't mean if you grab 12 boards you play big. the only reason why gsw isn't a contender team is because they have nothing down low. murphy has a perimter and free throw game.

no. no. no. stay focused here. no mention of J-Rich. back to T. Murphy. he is a perfect triangle PF. gives you boards and can knock down the J from the free throw line. we are not looking for him to slaughter anyone, just like we didn't from Lamar. and, yes, 12 rebounds is nice.

Murphy is a perfect triangle PF?

seriously, all GS fans even hate dumbwitty and Murphy. Murphy is soft like a tissue paper. He is injury prone, has no low post game and even if he had we wouldn´t want him. believe me, Murphy is on the block for a reason. J-Rich and Baron Davis would have won 45 games, had Murphy been what they thought he would be. there is a reason why this team sucks balls.
Last edited by KB24 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Nelo Ice on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:59 pm

the warriors wouldnt need murphy or dunleavy if they had drafted those 2 high school players (garnett and tmac) :man10:

imagine what couldve been also if they couldve kept arenas
arenas-jrich-tmac-garnett-random C :man10:
Nelo Ice

Postby revgen on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:42 pm

I'd rather keep Mihm than get Murphy. Mihm is serviceable on both ends of the floor and he's way cheaper.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Crispy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:52 pm

i like murphy, hes very tough on the boards and he spreads the floor well as a shooter, but dunleavy's weak sauce. if we were gonna move up in the draft, we would need a top 5 pick to land either tyrus thomas or brandon roy.
Crispy

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:43 am

Only way I'd trade Lamar would be if we'd get J-Rich and D-Fish. And Include Mihm to make that deal.
There's no way that Dumbleavy could be a Laker.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby simpleomahadude on Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 pm

The only reason to even listen to the Warriors offers is if it includes either J-Rich or B-Diddy , period, if those two names aren't brought up , then we should kill the deal and move on to the next opportunity.
simpleomahadude

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:07 pm

simpleomahadude wrote:The only reason to even listen to the Warriors offers is if it includes either J-Rich or B-Diddy , period, if those two names aren't brought up , then we should kill the deal and move on to the next opportunity.
jimbo327

Postby timmyjustin12 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:48 pm

simpleomahadude wrote:The only reason to even listen to the Warriors offers is if it includes either J-Rich or B-Diddy , period, if those two names aren't brought up , then we should kill the deal and move on to the next opportunity.

thats the only way i'd give up lamar to golden state. otherwise pass.
timmyjustin12

Return to Sourced Rumors