Hacksaw: Sheed? Artest? Ariza to Boston? Sasha's new agent?

Postby iggypop123 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:55 pm

last stand wrote:lee hamilton is about as credible as a log in a toilet

i think even then you are giving him too much credit
iggypop123

Postby All Growed Up on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 am

SignPippenNow wrote:Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury are bums who will never see a Lakers uniform. Wallace has said he only plans to play one more season, is a cancer and why anyone would prefer him over Odom is amazing and I'm not really a big Odom fan. I wouldn't trade Odom for Wallace under any circumstances. This team doesn't need that bum.

Can you imagine if the Lakers did that as well as acquire Artest? it would be interesting to see two crazies play for the Lakers! Just imagine the number of technicals Artest, Sheed and Kobe would rack up. The Lakers would lead the league in techs.
All Growed Up

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 am

All Growed Up wrote:
SignPippenNow wrote:Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury are bums who will never see a Lakers uniform. Wallace has said he only plans to play one more season, is a cancer and why anyone would prefer him over Odom is amazing and I'm not really a big Odom fan. I wouldn't trade Odom for Wallace under any circumstances. This team doesn't need that bum.

Can you imagine if the Lakers did that as well as acquire Artest? it would be interesting to see two crazies play for the Lakers! Just imagine the number of technicals Artest, Sheed and Kobe would rack up. The Lakers would lead the league in techs.

5:45 a.m.? :man4:
Alleyhoops

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:40 pm

lol@ sheed better than Pau
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LakerzDQ on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:16 am

KB24@CL wrote:
erickonasis wrote:Id Take Sheed for Odom in a heartbeat

:man10: @ anyone who would take Sheed over Odom...

Sheed is fool's gold...ya he is/was a very good defender with size, tenecity and quickness...

but PLEASE...

Sheed averaged 13/6 in the playoffs shooting 42% from the floor and 32% frm downtown. He will be 34 year old before training camp

you guys must be freakin kidding me to trade Odom in his prime for Sheed...sheesh...his numbers have been dropping every season...why would I trade Odom for him? my starting SF for a 34 year old declining backup PF? Yes Sheed has one thing that Odom doesn't which is he likes to run his mouth in the media...its entertaining but its disgusting to see how much Laker fans discredit Lamar Odom. I would be the first one who would trade Odom for a BETTER option at SF but that doesn't mean I would trade him just to trade him.

once again all CL members fall in love with an idea and get the tunnel vision. :bang: :bang:

true. I would've traded Odom for Sheed, IF Sheed was the same age as Odom. I mean, a 3 man rotation in the PF/C spots, with a 28 years old Sheed, Gasol, and Bynum would've been killer. unfortunately, Sheed is really old, and getting worse every season.
LakerzDQ

Postby LakerzDQ on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 am

Steve wrote:How bout Odom and Ariza for Prince and Sheed?

intriguing. Prince will be a perfect fit in our team, as a SF. He has good defense, as well as good offense. We lose Ariza, who is a young and promising talent, but Prince is proven. If Phil can get to Sheed and tell him to play 1 more good season, perhaps he can do very good as a backup 4/5. At least he's an expiring contract.

that'll improve us.
LakerzDQ

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 am

LakerzDQ wrote:
Steve wrote:How bout Odom and Ariza for Prince and Sheed?

intriguing. Prince will be a perfect fit in our team, as a SF. He has good defense, as well as good offense. We lose Ariza, who is a young and promising talent, but Prince is proven. If Phil can get to Sheed and tell him to play 1 more good season, perhaps he can do very good as a backup 4/5. At least he's an expiring contract.

that'll improve us.

That does seem like a decent trade but we'd have to throw in someone like Radmanovic for the salaries to work out. I don't see the Pistons doing that. But from our side, that would be a good trade. Sheed would be a great sixth man to back up Gasol and Bynum and if either of them were to get injured, we'd have a very capable replacement off the bench. As much as I like Odom, Prince is a much better shooter and defender and just fits in as a SF for this team a lot better. The loss of Ariza would hurt, mainly because it would mean a lot more playing time for Luke.

Obviously, I don't think any such trade actuall has a chance going of happening but it's a fun idea to think about.
Helljumper

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors