Hacksaw: Sheed? Artest? Ariza to Boston? Sasha's new agent?

Hacksaw: Sheed? Artest? Ariza to Boston? Sasha's new agent?

Postby prudy1 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 am

Here are Lee's latest Laker rumors.

(Basketball)

...Rumors are flying the Lakers are trying to clear roster space to make a major trade, either to acquire Rasheed Wallace of Detroit or Ron Artest from Sacramento in a swap that would send Lamar Odom out of town.

...The LA Lakers have till midnite tonite to decide on matching a 4-year-17 million dollar deal to keep Ronnie Turiaf from going to Golden State.

...The Boston Celtics have approached the Lakers about a deal for young backup forward Trevor Ariza.

...Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic has fired his agent Bill Duffy, and hired Rob Pelinka, Kobe Bryant's rep. Sasha has had no free-agent offers.

He still has the Lakers trying to get Sheed. He now states Boston is talking trade.
prudy1

Postby Senor Mortgage on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:53 am

Hacksaw is a tool. A few days ago he stated that the Celtics were talking to Ariza though they clearly could not as he exercised his option a month back. The deal is just Lee trying to coverup as much as he can. Rasheed makes no sense. He expires and is even less of a fit than Lamar is unless they want a 3 headed approach for the majority of minutes (not a terribad idea but still a stretch). And we wouldnt need roster room for artest as we still need to sign more players to get the minimum 13 (we have 10 now, 11 including sasha I believe).
Senor Mortgage

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:27 am

Ariza to Celtics make no sense

Sheed to Lakers make no sense at all

case closed.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby westcoast21 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:31 am

Lakers trading Ariza to the Celtics doesnt make sense unless the Lakers are getting someone really good.

Sheed to the Lakers makes no sense, he is a PF. We have Gasol.
westcoast21

Postby indeed on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:36 am

Am I understanding this right? We are taking what Hacksaw says as even being remotley serious?

Hold on....
:man10:
indeed

Re: Lee Hamilton Laker rumor updates

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:11 am

prudy1 wrote:Here are Lee's latest Laker rumors.

(Basketball)

...Rumors are flying the Lakers are trying to clear roster space to make a major trade, either to acquire Rasheed Wallace of Detroit or Ron Artest from Sacramento in a swap that would send Lamar Odom out of town.

...The LA Lakers have till midnite tonite to decide on matching a 4-year-17 million dollar deal to keep Ronnie Turiaf from going to Golden State.

...The Boston Celtics have approached the Lakers about a deal for young backup forward Trevor Ariza.

...Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic has fired his agent Bill Duffy, and hired Rob Pelinka, Kobe Bryant's rep. Sasha has had no free-agent offers.

He still has the Lakers trying to get Sheed. He now states Boston is talking trade.

the deadline was yesterday.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:18 am

:man8:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:32 am

good idea, let's trade ariza to the team that we might see in the nba finals next year

let's do it!
Pig Miller

Postby Damian Necronamous on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:44 am

westcoast21 wrote:Lakers trading Ariza to the Celtics doesnt make sense unless the Lakers are getting someone really good.

Eh, I'll actually disagree with you on that one. While Sheed may not start for us, he would give us an incredible 6th man and a huge 3-headed monster up front. Plus, Sheed can play some defense.

The Pistons would probably have to throw in Amir Johnson to the deal (and we would give them Mihm), and we'd start Ariza at the 3. Sheed has a $13 million expiring, and he certainly wouldn't be re-signing for much more than the MLE because of his age. We'd retain a very similar talent level that we had with Odom, but Sheed would likely be willing to re-sign at around $12 million over 2 years, rather than $55 million over 5 years.

PG: Derek Fisher...Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic...Coby Karl/Joe Crawford/Sun Yue
SF: Trevor Ariza...Vladimir Radmanovic...Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol...Rasheed Wallace
C: Andrew Bynum...Amir Johnson

I actually like that lineup a lot. It's a move that also allows us to keep Sasha, Ariza, Farmar and Bynum for the long-term. Hell, in the middle of the season, if it's not working out, we could try to swing Ariza and Johnson to the Kings for Artest.
Damian Necronamous

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:53 am

^if we want an incredible 6th man, we would just start Ariza now and bring LO off the bench.

Sheed is beyond his prime...I would take Odom over him right now...given that LO is a glue guy for us, a leader in the locker room and knows the TRI, he is very underrated here...

Odom definitely has more value than Sheed in my book.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby westcoast21 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 am

Damian Necronamous wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:Lakers trading Ariza to the Celtics doesnt make sense unless the Lakers are getting someone really good.

Eh, I'll actually disagree with you on that one. While Sheed may not start for us, he would give us an incredible 6th man and a huge 3-headed monster up front. Plus, Sheed can play some defense.

The Pistons would probably have to throw in Amir Johnson to the deal (and we would give them Mihm), and we'd start Ariza at the 3. Sheed has a $13 million expiring, and he certainly wouldn't be re-signing for much more than the MLE because of his age. We'd retain a very similar talent level that we had with Odom, but Sheed would likely be willing to re-sign at around $12 million over 2 years, rather than $55 million over 5 years.

PG: Derek Fisher...Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic...Coby Karl/Joe Crawford/Sun Yue
SF: Trevor Ariza...Vladimir Radmanovic...Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol...Rasheed Wallace
C: Andrew Bynum...Amir Johnson

I actually like that lineup a lot. It's a move that also allows us to keep Sasha, Ariza, Farmar and Bynum for the long-term. Hell, in the middle of the season, if it's not working out, we could try to swing Ariza and Johnson to the Kings for Artest.

Well i agree that Sheed would make an amazing 6th man. But he would cause some problems if he wasnt starting.
westcoast21

Postby indeed on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:02 am

KB24@CL wrote:^if we want an incredible 6th man, we would just start Ariza now and bring LO off the bench.

...I would take Odom over him right now...given that LO is a glue guy for us, a leader in the locker room .

I disagree with LO being a glue guy/Leader. Everyone on the team went nuclear with their off season last year because of Kobe. They all wanted to win because of Kobe. Because LO is a guy others like doesnt mean hes a glue guy. i work with really cool people that are in no way the glue.

I get chemistry but AB/Pau/DFish/Farmar/Sasha are all good citizens and appear to bring infectious personalities to the masses. Top that off with a guy who wants to kill the other team. we are fine wit or w/out Lo's precense
indeed

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:30 am

He's not called Hack..saw for nothing. Why the hell would the Celtics try and trade with the Lakers? "Oh yeah, well we did beat you in the Finals, but can we have one of your good young players so we can get even better?" They'd have to be giving us something very good, and not many players in the NBA that make what Ariza does are as good as he is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Consider it this way. The Lakers make it a point to have good front court depth. If they were to decide that Odom can't play SF, which they may have I'd much rather have a guy like Rasheed than Lamar.

Rasheed played 30 mpg last year. If Pau plays 36 mpg, Bynum plays his 30 mpg, that leaves a solid 30 mpg for Rasheed. Rasheed may also like playing less and less and considering that there aren't that many suitors for him next year at his age he may re-sign for a reasonable 8-9m a year as our primary backup big man.

Now for SF I'm not sure what we'll do. Ariza will get 20-25 mpg, Sasha may get some time at SG with Kobe at SF, but I'd like to have one more guy in that group to help. A Ricky Davis would be very nice.

Detroit needs to give something else.
Jajwa

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 pm

..lol

Hacksaw is garbage ..but ..why is it this makes since to me..the number one person Det want rid of is sheed..in a trade for PAU ..Sheed is tougher better stronger than Pau..

Bynum and sheed on the interior..

I don't believe that Buss wants to pay full price for Kobe Bynum and Pau ....
flexxdzl

Postby GinoDB on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 pm

flexxdzl wrote:..lol

Hacksaw is garbage ..but ..why is it this makes since to me..the number one person Det want rid of is sheed..in a trade for PAU ..Sheed is tougher better stronger than Pau..

Bynum and sheed on the interior..

I don't believe that Buss wants to pay full price for Kobe Bynum and Pau ....

id trade Pau for Sheed too, with Sheed it doesn't matter if Odom can't shoot (assuming we keep him) because Sheed is a much better shooter than Pau.
+ they would have to give us more than Sheed so we would get more out of a trade but with that said I doubt the Lakers do it.
GinoDB

Postby nicehair911 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Too bad it's fake because I would really like Odom for Sheed. Sheed is very versatile and probably the best man defender in the leauge. He would be perfect for guarding KG and Duncan and gives us some muscle when Bynum is on the bench. He gives us the toughness and defense we need and is a good locker room guy with his jokes and pranks.
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby erickonasis on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 am

Id Take Sheed for Odom in a heartbeat
erickonasis

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:37 am

erickonasis wrote:Id Take Sheed for Odom in a heartbeat

:man10: @ anyone who would take Sheed over Odom...

Sheed is fool's gold...ya he is/was a very good defender with size, tenecity and quickness...

but PLEASE...

Sheed averaged 13/6 in the playoffs shooting 42% from the floor and 32% frm downtown. He will be 34 year old before training camp

you guys must be freakin kidding me to trade Odom in his prime for Sheed...sheesh...his numbers have been dropping every season...why would I trade Odom for him? my starting SF for a 34 year old declining backup PF? Yes Sheed has one thing that Odom doesn't which is he likes to run his mouth in the media...its entertaining but its disgusting to see how much Laker fans discredit Lamar Odom. I would be the first one who would trade Odom for a BETTER option at SF but that doesn't mean I would trade him just to trade him.

once again all CL members fall in love with an idea and get the tunnel vision. :bang: :bang:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am

Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury are bums who will never see a Lakers uniform. Wallace has said he only plans to play one more season, is a cancer and why anyone would prefer him over Odom is amazing and I'm not really a big Odom fan. I wouldn't trade Odom for Wallace under any circumstances. This team doesn't need that bum.
SignPippenNow

Postby Jajwa on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:15 am

KB24@CL wrote:
erickonasis wrote:Id Take Sheed for Odom in a heartbeat

:man10: @ anyone who would take Sheed over Odom...

Sheed is fool's gold...ya he is/was a very good defender with size, tenecity and quickness...

but PLEASE...

Sheed averaged 13/6 in the playoffs shooting 42% from the floor and 32% frm downtown. He will be 34 year old before training camp

you guys must be freakin kidding me to trade Odom in his prime for Sheed...sheesh...his numbers have been dropping every season...why would I trade Odom for him? my starting SF for a 34 year old declining backup PF? Yes Sheed has one thing that Odom doesn't which is he likes to run his mouth in the media...its entertaining but its disgusting to see how much Laker fans discredit Lamar Odom. I would be the first one who would trade Odom for a BETTER option at SF but that doesn't mean I would trade him just to trade him.

once again all CL members fall in love with an idea and get the tunnel vision. :bang: :bang:

Ah yes off course, and is that why the majority of other team's fans value Rasheed and scoff at Odom?
Jajwa

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:23 am

^I dunno what you are talking about...just about everyone in Detroit wants to get rid of Sheed...you need to check some of their forums...

the fans are even considering guys like EDDY CURRY......nuff said.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Steve on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:47 am

How bout Odom and Ariza for Prince and Sheed?
Steve

Postby kobela08mvp on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:54 pm

[quote="Steve"]How bout Odom and Ariza for Prince and Sheed?[/quote] we should have tried to sign any of the following before any trades. james jones roger mason q ross chris duhon pargo. and dimb artest should have opt out and took less money to win now with la but he didnt and we cant trade odom for him when we could have had them both
kobela08mvp

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:03 pm

lee hamilton is about as credible as a log in a toilet
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry