Heard on radio that...

Heard on radio that...

Postby BucNasty on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:25 pm

Jamal Magloire might be on his way to the Lakers if the trade involving Bender and the 17th pick goes through. Basically we would get Magloire and the 4th pick and we would give up the 10th pick and the 17th pick, and possibly Caron and/or others depending on who is dealt in the Indiana deal.

Money on Kroq was saying this ealier this morning on the Kevin and Bean show. Anyone heard anything, have some thoughts?

That would leave us with Magloire, Bender, Odom, Kobe and a PG we could possibly pick up with the #4 (Deron Williams?) Sounds like a good 5 to me, especially with JJ, Mihm, Grant coming off the bench.
BucNasty

Re: Heard on radio that...

Postby abeer3 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:31 pm

BucNasty wrote:Jamal Magloire might be on his way to the Lakers if the trade involving Bender and the 17th pick goes through. Basically we would get Magloire and the 4th pick and we would give up the 10th pick and the 17th pick, and possibly Caron and/or others depending on who is dealt in the Indiana deal.

Money on Kroq was saying this ealier this morning on the Kevin and Bean show. Anyone heard anything, have some thoughts?

That would leave us with Magloire, Bender, Odom, Kobe and a PG we could possibly pick up with the #4 (Deron Williams?) Sounds like a good 5 to me, especially with JJ, Mihm, Grant coming off the bench.

that's been the word around here. unfortunately, the other story of the day is a strong, unequivocal denial of the bender deal by donnie walsh, pacers gm. roller coaster.
abeer3

Postby Mark McNamara on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:32 pm

Welcome. But there is already a multi-page thread discussing this, from a much better source than Kevin and Bean from KROQ.
Mark McNamara

ahhh...

Postby BucNasty on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:42 pm

which thread is that , the bendre one?
BucNasty

Re: ahhh...

Postby purplengoldjonez on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 pm

BucNasty wrote:which thread is that , the bendre one?

its under Laker Discussion and i says "Lakers and NO in negotiations"
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby Sirron on Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:58 pm

:lock: :lock: :lock:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:46 pm

BucNasty wrote:Jamal Magloire might be on his way to the Lakers if the trade involving Bender and the 17th pick goes through. Basically we would get Magloire and the 4th pick and we would give up the 10th pick and the 17th pick, and possibly Caron and/or others depending on who is dealt in the Indiana deal.

Actually that would still be a FANTASTIC trade but NO wants to get rid of PJ Brown and I guess if you get Magloire and the 4th you have to take PJ Brown too.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wavy on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:05 am

does PJ Brown have a deadly contract? if not then i would take him i think we could use him.
wavy

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:17 am

wavy wrote:does PJ Brown have a deadly contract? if not then i would take him i think we could use him.
2 years and 8 mio per anno.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby venturalakersfan on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:22 am

KB8@CL wrote:

Actually that would still be a FANTASTIC trade but NO wants to get rid of PJ Brown and I guess if you get Magloire and the 4th you have to take PJ Brown too.

I don't think that having to take a PF who can average 10 and 10, play defense, and that has a money 15-foot jumper is a bad thing.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 am

venturalakersfan wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I don't think that having to take a PF who can average 10 and 10, play defense, and that has a money 15-foot jumper is a bad thing.

PJ is a great fit, but i can see why they would want to get rid of him. The bugs seem to be calling it a day and want to rebuild with picks and through FA. if they loose pj's 8 million a year they would only have 8 million dollar on the cap next year. Of course this will change with the signing of fa's this yearm but they could still be under the cap next year too...
Kingsama

Thanks

Postby BucNasty on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:36 am

For the friendly greetings and the info. Its nice to see this is a cordial board, I've been on some other boards where making a mistake like that would get you eaten alive.

I would definitely take PJ as well. I am also hoping that MK can pull off getting the #4 for the 10 and 17, assuming the Indiana trade went through. Personally I would much rather see them select whoever is left from the PGs, Williams or Paul, than select Green which it sounds like MK is leaning towards. I know Green has more "upside" and that the conventenial wisdom is to draft the best player rather than by need, but I feel that with a solid college veteran PG they could win now.
BucNasty

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:25 pm

the joy of taking PJ's contracts is he comes off the same year as Grant's and Bender's contract :jam2:
If Mitch plays his cards right, we could have a big off-season in the summer of 07.
MarkMadsen

Re: Thanks

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:41 pm

BucNasty wrote:For the friendly greetings and the info. Its nice to see this is a cordial board, I've been on some other boards where making a mistake like that would get you eaten alive.

I would definitely take PJ as well. I am also hoping that MK can pull off getting the #4 for the 10 and 17, assuming the Indiana trade went through. Personally I would much rather see them select whoever is left from the PGs, Williams or Paul, than select Green which it sounds like MK is leaning towards. I know Green has more "upside" and that the conventenial wisdom is to draft the best player rather than by need, but I feel that with a solid college veteran PG they could win now.

Welcome here :bow: you just found a great forum here with great attitude. We have sarcasm and fun but we don´t attack anybody :jam2:
BTW PJ is a great fit for us with Magloire. We would have a front court over night.

KB24
Site Admin

Re: Thanks

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:50 pm

BucNasty wrote:For the friendly greetings and the info. Its nice to see this is a cordial board, I've been on some other boards where making a mistake like that would get you eaten alive.

Hmm? The initials of one of those sites wouldn't happen to be LG, eh? :man1:

Other Board

Postby BucNasty on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:37 pm

Actually it was a UCLA board with the initials BG. First board I ever tried posting on. Big mistake. Needless to say I still haven't gotten the hang of it, as this is the second. Although at least now I feel I am learning proper board etiquette, although I am getting a bit off topic here, which I suppose is bad etiquette.

Funny thing though, I tried to go over to the LG board after I saw it mentioned on this site just to check it out and the page loaded saying that I was bared from the site. I've never been there in my life! WTF.
BucNasty

Re: Other Board

Postby Sirron on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:43 pm

BucNasty wrote:Actually it was a UCLA board with the initials BG. First board I ever tried posting on. Big mistake. Needless to say I still haven't gotten the hang of it, as this is the second. Although at least now I feel I am learning proper board etiquette, although I am getting a bit off topic here, which I suppose is bad etiquette.

Funny thing though, I tried to go over to the LG board after I saw it mentioned on this site just to check it out and the page loaded saying that I was bared from the site. I've never been there in my life! WTF.

Cuz u need an avatar and sig. :jam2: I have no idea why actually. I checked out a couple of other boards and was way offended at the standard language I saw. They keep it clean here, and I like..... Welcome!
Sirron

Postby slomo24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:46 pm

I like this trade. It has the potential to be great for us.
Last edited by slomo24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I talk to myself. If I don't who will?
slomo24

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:57 pm

Well im sure that by now u all already know that the Bender trade is no loner going to happen they have said that at "hoopshype" the Pacers have finally refused that offer so how do the scenarios change now!!?!?! :man3: with the whole NO trades?!?
LOUIE04

Postby purplengoldjonez on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:04 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:Well im sure that by now u all already know that the Bender trade is no loner going to happen they have said that at "hoopshype" the Pacers have finally refused that offer so how do the scenarios change now!!?!?! :man3: with the whole NO trades?!?

link please
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby Sirron on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:05 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:Well im sure that by now u all already know that the Bender trade is no loner going to happen they have said that at "hoopshype" the Pacers have finally refused that offer so how do the scenarios change now!!?!?! :man3: with the whole NO trades?!?

People lie all the time. For instance, I'm 6'4" , have mad hops, and I'm good looking.
Sirron

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:09 pm

LOUIE04

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:11 pm

you gotta scroll down and look for it
i think that in realgm.com the coach and Larry Bird deny even speaken with the lakers!!
LOUIE04

Postby purplengoldjonez on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:31 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:you gotta scroll down and look for it
i think that in realgm.com the coach and Larry Bird deny even speaken with the lakers!!

Smoke screen. I still think this deal goes down, it makes to much sense for both teams.
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:52 pm

i dont know man the offer for Bender isnt that convinving but if it does go down then we automatically have a Champinship contender that is with an AWESOME PG a point guard is very necessary its like a basketballs teams QB!!!
LOUIE04

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors