Herald: Would Horry like to return to L.A.? Thoughts?

Herald: Would Horry like to return to L.A.? Thoughts?

Postby ScoobySnackz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Its been reported that the Spurs aren't gonna bring him back..would you guys give him a run? tell me what you think..

Horry has said he’d like to remain with the Spurs. If the organization decides to move on, however, he said he’d like to return to Los Angeles or to Houston, where he began his career.

LINK



Scooby -
User avatar
ScoobySnackz

 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 am
Location: Dog-house

Postby Barnstable on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:35 pm

Love Horry, but I think he's done.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13524
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Postby ScoobySnackz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I just think it will be a good story ending if he ended him as a Laker in his final year and win a ring.

Scooby -
User avatar
ScoobySnackz

 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 am
Location: Dog-house

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:43 pm

if theres an extra spot i wouldnt mind having him back. he cant be any worse than ira newble.
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20125
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby popo on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I still prefer him over Stiff Mihm.
Image
popo

 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 8:17 pm
Location: Studio City, CA

Postby LALShowtime on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:48 pm

hahaha

Feel good story but he's been done

But it's true that if he's willing to be like a 12th man and take Newble's spot it wouldnt make a diff
Plus when play-off comes we could give him a few mins here and there in the 4th.
User avatar
LALShowtime

 
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 am
Location: VA

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:49 pm

I think me and Horry scored the same amount of points in the WCF.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31293
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby nicehair911 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:50 pm

I'd like him just to teach the young guys a thing or do. We need more vets. That's also part of the reason we lost. Even if he can't play he'd be valuable. And like Cachooka said it'd be a good story.
User avatar
nicehair911

 
Posts: 12327
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby Savage1 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:57 pm

I liked him when he was here, but regardless if I would take him for 1 more year, I think he's only willing to play for Texas teams at this point.
User avatar
Savage1

 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Florida

Postby nicehair911 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Savage1 wrote:I liked him when he was here, but regardless if I would take him for 1 more year, I think he's only willing to play for Texas teams at this point.


Why would you say that? Most people remember Horry as a Laker. It's not a secret the guy goes for rings and which team has the mostly likely shot at that? If not the Spurs I think he'll come to us because we have Kobe, Fish, and Phil, guys he knows.
User avatar
nicehair911

 
Posts: 12327
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby ScoobySnackz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:02 pm

It's not about Horry helping us hes a winner and he will install DNA to this team. and he knows how to step up in big games.. lets face it Pop used Oberto more and he didn't do much either.

Scooby -
User avatar
ScoobySnackz

 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 am
Location: Dog-house

Postby Savage1 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:04 pm

nicehair911 wrote:
Savage1 wrote:I liked him when he was here, but regardless if I would take him for 1 more year, I think he's only willing to play for Texas teams at this point.


Why would you say that? Most people remember Horry as a Laker. It's not a secret the guy goes for rings and which team has the mostly likely shot at that? If not the Spurs I think he'll come to us because we have Kobe, Fish, and Phil, guys he knows.

I think he said it when he went to the Spurs. It was because of his daughter, and he didn't want to be away from the family.
User avatar
Savage1

 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Florida

Postby nicehair911 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:04 pm

ScoobySnackz wrote:It's not about Horry helping us hes a winner and he will install DNA to this team. and he knows how to step up in big games.. lets face it Pop used Oberto more and he didn't do much either.

Scooby -


Exactly. He just gives us that winning swagger. Something a DJ Mbenga, Ira Newble, or Coby Karl cannot.
User avatar
nicehair911

 
Posts: 12327
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby iggypop123 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:07 pm

he would play more than mihm. what a waste that guy. we could bring him in as a newble role. talk to the guys with veteran leadership and since we are weak at pf why not
User avatar
iggypop123

 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Postby LakersFan1211 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm

He's done.
User avatar
LakersFan1211

 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Born in LA, Raised in Cowtown. -.-

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:58 pm


no .
u seen him during our series.
nothing really effective.

We need defensive minded players.
Horry is basically like vladdy at the 3 now.
FEAST or FAMINE.
User avatar
Aceiz2fresh

 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:05 pm

nicehair911 wrote:It's not a secret the guy goes for rings and which team has the mostly likely shot at that?


Houston drafted him (2 rings). Lakers traded for him (3 rings).

Went to the Spurs (2 rings) to be closer to his family. The Spurs might be a ring chasing move, but the others? I don't know how he can be labeled a ring chaser.
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31293
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:25 pm

run? :man10: the guy can barely walk....
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7358
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Postby Chicano on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 pm

It sure is the offseason.
Chicano

 

Postby d33pzone on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:43 pm

There are good points but Horry looks done.

He would bring the veteran experience, but we already have three years of postseason experience now. The team knows what to do, and they can learn from the two vets Kobe and Fisher.

The team can grow and teach each other to succeed and breakthrough by themselves. I'm all for bringing in another veteran, but not one that can barely play anymore.
d33pzone

 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Postby Angela1986 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:57 pm

While I loved Horry as a Laker, he's done. He lost all confidence in his shot in the WCF once he threw the ball up there like he was trying to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] slap the backboard.
Angela1986

 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:08 am
Location: Torrance

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:58 pm

nicehair911 wrote:
Savage1 wrote:I liked him when he was here, but regardless if I would take him for 1 more year, I think he's only willing to play for Texas teams at this point.


Why would you say that? Most people remember Horry as a Laker. It's not a secret the guy goes for rings and which team has the mostly likely shot at that? If not the Spurs I think he'll come to us because we have Kobe, Fish, and Phil, guys he knows.


I think he'd only play for Texas teams because his family lives in San Antonio or someplace in Texas. He wants to be close to his daughter.

Horry was definitely bad in the WCF. His jump shot was totally off and he passed almost every time on offense.

Still though, he might be good for experience, if we have an extra spot.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:26 pm

LakersFan1211 wrote:He's done.


Yup. Love the guy and what he did, but he can barely get off the bench anymore.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49736
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Postby the_Dude on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:22 am

To join the coaching staff?
User avatar
the_Dude

 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:37 pm

Postby L4L on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:24 am

the_Dude wrote:To join the coaching staff?


And even that is unlikely because he publicly took shots at Phil.
User avatar
L4L
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 11240
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:43 pm
Location: Trade Rumors Forum

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.