Herald-Zeitung: Horry interested in L.A.?

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:33 pm

If Robert Horry had an ounce left don't you think Spurs would bring him back? The Lakers need to get someone in that spot such as Elson who can actually contribute if needed. Same money basically as JSM said only thing is they can contribute. Horry was a great story but he is finished...done.
SignPippenNow

Postby L4L on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:56 pm

^^ That is all we need for Robert Horry right now.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Tradeodom on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:14 pm

I'd rather give him this... but maybe that's just me.
FISH OR FAMINE, LAKERS 4 LIFE!
Tradeodom

Postby iggypop123 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:16 pm

JSM wrote:^ Because those guys can actually play and contribute this season. We can get by with the frontcourt we have, but we could use some depth.

Signing a player for 20 post season games is absolutely idiotic.

how can you contribute if you are sitting on bench all day. they would be like coby karl. sitting around and then gets in to games that dont matter and his locker room presence is useless. so why not rob

-edit. i forgot to say that id rather have theo ratliff than rob but i dont know if he would sign with us
iggypop123

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 pm

iggypop123 wrote:
JSM wrote:^ Because those guys can actually play and contribute this season. We can get by with the frontcourt we have, but we could use some depth.

how can you contribute if you are sitting on bench all day. they would be like coby karl. sitting around and then gets in to games that dont matter and his locker room presence is useless. so why not rob

-edit. i forgot to say that id rather have theo ratliff than rob but i dont know if he would sign with us

i think that he means that those other guys, if we needed them to, and with this team we would definitely need them to, they CAN contribute if they need to. They would be of some use, im leaning towards Ratliff personally because hes only 31hes got a couple more years left and hes not horribly expense.

and with all that said: id love to have Rob back...
as a coach
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 am

I don't put much weight into what Mitch said about practice, because he's obviously fooled again into thinking Mihm isn't done. Whatever big man we sign will certainly see the floor.. Big shot rob is also done, not what we need at all
LakersN4

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 am

1st Barry, then Finley, now Horry? Why does everyone keep associating us with these Spurs bench geezers? They're all done. The only one I'd take out of the three would be Barry, because he could be an emergency back-up utility man to Sasha in the event that he got injured.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 am

Well...unless you're good enough to know you're getting there (we are) and you know dude will step up (we don't know that, unfortunately).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby deal on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 am

L4L wrote:Image

^^ That is all we need for Robert Horry right now.

:mhihi:
deal

Are you kiding?

Postby fandango on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 pm

R.Horry began his carriere in Houston and may want to end it there.
We have enough scrabs to deal with. We don't need another one.OK?
fandango

Postby LDR on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Robert Horry, James Posey types who jump from team to team looking for a championship. I do NOT want to give Horry he's 7th ring. He doesn't deserve it.
LDR

Postby leakbrewergator on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 am

LDR wrote:Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Robert Horry, James Posey types who jump from team to team looking for a championship. I do NOT want to give Horry he's 7th ring. He doesn't deserve it.

Malone jumped from team to team????

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Armani on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 am

LDR wrote:Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Robert Horry, James Posey types who jump from team to team looking for a championship. I do NOT want to give Horry he's 7th ring. He doesn't deserve it.

Karl Malone? are you serious? he played for the jazz for almost his entire life.
Armani

Postby air_bryant08 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:34 pm

The Original 81 wrote:I'd take him back, there isn't much out there anyway.
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
air_bryant08

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors