HoopsWorld: Deng Available; Lakers Interested?

Postby indeed on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Helljumper wrote:
indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:
Armani wrote:wtf? hinrich is NOT better than odom. we would have get more than just hinrich out of chicago.

i think the most fair deal by far is

lamar, ariza, farmar, mihm, 2nd round pick for hinrich, deng, thabo sepholosha

LMMFAO. RU kidding? LO isnt valuable for his talent. he is valuable because he is an expiring so talent vs talent bulls get screwed.
LO for Hinrich+ is equal except Kirk+ is a much better fit for our team than Lo is

Wow, that is ridiculous. Odom IS valuable for his talent. Whether you want to admit it or not, Odom's talent and versatility, in ADDITION to his expiring contract, would make him valuable to a lot of GM's around the league. That trade would be fair. Odom for Hinrich would be a horrible trade for us.

Nope. he is becoming a free agent at the worst possible time. teams that will have $$$ are saving for 2010. i have a hard time believeing any team will say
lets allocate 10+ per for LO. Hes valuable to kings because he expiring and they want ron gone. Who else? Bulls? we hope. it will be because hes expiring.

If he was valuable he would be extended, not lets see how he fits.
indeed

Postby Marques24kobe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Amongst:Kings wrote:I don't know why anyone thinks this will happen? We didn't commit to Ronny at 4.5 Mill to avoid the luxury tax and now people think that we will sign Deng at 14 Mill for over 5 years?

Yea Right...

The only way Odom is moved, is if Ron is coming to LA without KT. Other than that, Odom is a Laker til his contract is over.

$14 million I dont think any team will sign him for that. As far as I know he wants $12 million their offering 10 or lower.
Marques24kobe

Postby Indianballer on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

lol no I think he wants 14 mil. There are no teams that have money left except for memphis and they're not spending. So he's stuck in chicago. I hope to god we do not trade for him!!
Indianballer

Postby Armani on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:14 pm

indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:
Armani wrote:wtf? hinrich is NOT better than odom. we would have get more than just hinrich out of chicago.

i think the most fair deal by far is

lamar, ariza, farmar, mihm, 2nd round pick for hinrich, deng, thabo sepholosha

LMMFAO. RU kidding? LO isnt valuable for his talent. he is valuable because he is an expiring so talent vs talent bulls get screwed.
LO for Hinrich+ is equal except Kirk+ is a much better fit for our team than Lo is

:man10: :man10: :man10:

odom>>>>>>>>kirk
Armani

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Indianballer wrote:lol no I think he wants 14 mil. There are no teams that have money left except for memphis and they're not spending. So he's stuck in chicago. I hope to god we do not trade for him!!

no he doesn't

he wants the offer the bulls gave him last year which he turned down

10 million a year
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:46 pm

davriver is my hero on this thread :bow:
game over this trade is dumb
WHY CANT YOU PEOPLE WAIT TO SEE HOW LAMAR/ GASOL/ BYNUM
WORK TOGETHER??
:bang:

i am excited to what COULD be ( COULD NOT but definitely COULD be) the best inside team in the NBA with the kind of length that should attract a lot of rebounds and a lot of good interior defense

so lets drop the ridiculous trade idea that is this Deng situation and move on.
if this trade goes through i think we've shot ourselves in the foot for the next 5 years. besides hasnt it been pointed out that theres too much money involved? like five times?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:davriver is my hero on this thread :bow:
WORK TOGETHER??

i am excited to what COULD be ( COULD NOT but definitely COULD be) the best inside team in the NBA with the kind of length that should attract a lot of rebounds and a lot of good interior defense

if this trade goes through i think we've shot ourselves in the foot for the next 5 years. besides hasnt it been pointed out that theres too much money involved? like five times?

you spent all that time typing yet that will not effect the direction this thread is going

also how do we shoot ourselves in the foot by getting a 23 year old 17ppg guy who a year ago was considered a rising star and a PG who also was considered a rising star and is only 27

i don't understand how we shoot ourselves in the foot

if we let odom walk to miami next season and get nothing back

thats shooting ourselves in the foot

getting young players that greatly improve our team does not shoot our team in the foot in fact it does the opposite
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:18 pm

we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we get players that may not pan out for us

we already know that lamar is willing to work, WANTS to work for the lakers.

if it turns out this team works well together, which i am pretty sure they will baring injuries, than we dont let lamar walk for free, because he has already said that he would take a cut to play for us, especially if we're winning
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Amongst:Kings on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 pm

last stand...im not denying sky's credibility or reliability. I'm just speaking from the standpoint of $$. Yes, Mitch and Buss may be head over heels in love with Deng (not to sure why to be honest, I'd far rather prefer Artest) but fiscally it is a huge burden unless Walton or Vlad are moved with him.

Indian baller showed the numbers...between 7 players we would be already over the cap...that is not including Sasha, Farmar, and Ariza's extentions not does it include trying to add depth to out bench.

I dunno, maybe if Buss is high enough on Deng that he is willing to pay out of his rear for the next 5 years, then I guess he would do it, I just don't see it as all the likely...

Like I've said, Odom will be a Laker come October and this will be yet another off season that every posible name was thrown out there only for nothing to come to frutition.

I don't understand the logic either that we have to move Odom or that we SHOULD move him, if a deal present itself in which we can improve without killing chemistry and taking any bad contracts, then I'm for it. (ARTEST)

However, we just went to the finals and went 6 games against arguably the best defensive team we've seen in years. We did that with Gasol out of position, Mihm and Ariza not at full health, and missing our young franchise Center named Andrew Bynum.

If adding a 7'1+ beast of a center who is our defensive anchor and best low post scorer and rebounder is not an improvement, then I don't know what is.

Back to Deng, if we can bring him in and not lose any significant pieces other than Lamar, then by all means, but I just don't see it happening.
Last edited by Amongst:Kings on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amongst:Kings

Postby Amongst:Kings on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:00 am

last stand wrote:
therealdeal wrote:davriver is my hero on this thread :bow:
WORK TOGETHER??

you spent all that time typing yet that will not effect the direction this thread is going

also how do we shoot ourselves in the foot by getting a 23 year old 17ppg guy who a year ago was considered a rising star and a PG who also was considered a rising star and is only 27

i don't understand how we shoot ourselves in the foot

if we let odom walk to miami next season and get nothing back

thats shooting ourselves in the foot

getting young players that greatly improve our team does not shoot our team in the foot in fact it does the opposite

do you think that getting both Hinrich AND Deng is even remotely likely? Possible, sure. Likely, hell to the nah.

I like your posts, I really do, but this is just pure pipe.
Amongst:Kings

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 am

well said amongst:kings
:jam2:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:06 am

^

It's highly unlikely we don't make any trades at all but it's always fun to think about these pipe trades as if they had a chance of happening. :mhihi:
Helljumper

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors