HoopsWorld: Deng Available; Lakers Interested?

Postby mapabu1 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 pm

If the bulls can't get a deal done then Lamar's expiring contract can be some use to them and he would thrive in Chicago.
mapabu1

 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Postby LakersFan1211 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Never know what'll happen. Deng is a good SF for us .
User avatar
LakersFan1211

 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Born in LA, Raised in Cowtown. -.-

Postby akola on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Uneducated OP. Fish isn't going anywhere and your trade scenario of course favors the lakers way too much.
Note: do not have vaseline on hands while making trade scenarios.
akola

 
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:18 am

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:21 pm

1. Fisher isn't moving in a deal like that.
2. We're not giving up Farmar if we don't get a PG back.
3. $14m for Deng? Hmm...no thanks.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46528
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:34 pm

If we're giving Odom $14 mil, then Deng has to be worth that since he's a better player, IMO anyway. But yeah, that's too much for a guy who had a bad year, and Fisher isn't going anywhere.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Postby lakerfan32 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:38 pm

I get that it's a far shot and doubful for sure. was just posting an idea. not really a good reason for some of you to act like pricks.

TT is good but his value has dropped well below being the 3rd pick. He has been publicly questioned on his work ethic and has had his minutes drop as well. Kwame was a high pick too.

Hinrich is in a similar situation and will be traded.

Deng's situation has been covered thoroughly

LO is expiring. It was pipe for sure but not completely unreasonable
User avatar
lakerfan32

 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Postby Darth Bynumite on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 pm

It's all to do with Salary. If the Gasol trade never went through, this could be a possibility. However, I just don't see us paying Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and then giving Deng a fair amount at the same time. We have to look at this from the salary perspective. Deng would be a great fit and he would probably be interested in joining us, but when you have to pay him that sort of money, he is just not available.
User avatar
Darth Bynumite

 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: London, England

Postby rock0100 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Darth Bynumite wrote:It's all to do with Salary. If the Gasol trade never went through, this could be a possibility. However, I just don't see us paying Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and then giving Deng a fair amount at the same time. We have to look at this from the salary perspective. Deng would be a great fit and he would probably be interested in joining us, but when you have to pay him that sort of money, he is just not available.


Well, for years the Knicks were paying over 100 million dollars for a roster full of junk, so maybe the Lakers shouldnt be afraid of paying that for a roster full of talent and championship runs.
User avatar
rock0100

 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:05 pm

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:26 pm

out of those 4 teams pistons and heat have no chance being in the same division

so it boils down to utah and LA

utah doesn't have much outside of milsap and almond

we throw lamar at them its a done deal being that we are in the west
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Whatthef? on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:30 pm

deng doesn't fit, but what about Odom for Heinrich and Tyrus Thomas. Chicago gets an expiring contract in Odom, Lakers get a backup power forward to take Ronny's place and a point guard that can shoot for the next four years. :bow:
User avatar
Whatthef?

 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: SactownLaker

Postby Darth Bynumite on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:32 pm

rock0100 wrote:
Darth Bynumite wrote:It's all to do with Salary. If the Gasol trade never went through, this could be a possibility. However, I just don't see us paying Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and then giving Deng a fair amount at the same time. We have to look at this from the salary perspective. Deng would be a great fit and he would probably be interested in joining us, but when you have to pay him that sort of money, he is just not available.


Well, for years the Knicks were paying over 100 million dollars for a roster full of junk, so maybe the Lakers shouldnt be afraid of paying that for a roster full of talent and championship runs.


I'm not talking about the Knicks though. I'm talking about the Lakers. If possible, I'd prefer that we don't pay LOADS on players. We do have to consider Dr.Buss' pockets. Whilst he is rich, he may not be prepared to pay all of that money.
User avatar
Darth Bynumite

 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: London, England

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Whatthef? wrote:deng doesn't fit, but what about Odom for Heinrich and Tyrus Thomas. Chicago gets an expiring contract in Odom, Lakers get a backup power forward to take Ronny's place and a point guard that can shoot for the next four years. :bow:


now how does that solve chicago's problem of having deng not wanting to be there
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:44 pm

how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at around 10-12 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)
Last edited by GinoDB on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GinoDB

 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: GO LAKERS !

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm

GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


here is the thing on that trade

had gasol not been traded here it would go through

the bulls know the league would go crazy if they did that

though the deal makes full sense in light of their rebuilding process

no way that sits well with other teams
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm

GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


That's an awwwwwwful lot of salary for us to be taking on with Drew & Kobe's extensions just around the corner.

Plus I don't think Chicago is getting enough back in that deal, but it's not that outlandish from just a talent standpoint.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:49 pm

last stand wrote:
GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


here is the thing on that trade

had gasol not been traded here it would go through

the bulls know the league would go crazy if they did that

though the deal makes full sense in light of their rebuilding process

no way that sits well with other teams


yeah thats why I put or Ariza but you're right even that won't be enough to make the trade look good .btw I edited my post to 10-12mil because I just realized he wasn't satisfied with just 9 apparently.
User avatar
GinoDB

 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: GO LAKERS !

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


That's an awwwwwwful lot of salary for us to be taking on with Drew & Kobe's extensions just around the corner.

Plus I don't think Chicago is getting enough back in that deal, but it's not that outlandish from just a talent standpoint.


itss a perfect deal for what they want to do

shed salary get young talent back and get huge expirings

but how do they sell to the rest of the league sending us a package they wouldn't send for kobe for lamar, farmar, ariza, mihm
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:02 pm

last stand wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


That's an awwwwwwful lot of salary for us to be taking on with Drew & Kobe's extensions just around the corner.

Plus I don't think Chicago is getting enough back in that deal, but it's not that outlandish from just a talent standpoint.


itss a perfect deal for what they want to do

shed salary get young talent back and get huge expirings

but how do they sell to the rest of the league sending us a package they wouldn't send for kobe for lamar, farmar, ariza, mihm


Chicago doesn't give a damn about the rest of the league. If a deal comes along that makes sense for them, they'll do it.

Hinrich's coming off a down year and has a long contract. They also just drafted the #1 overall pick at his same position. They'd trade him for a half-eaten tub of Cool Whip if they could. Deng on the other hand is being unreasonable with his demands. Not too crazy of a justification there.

The biggest hurdle is all that salary on the books for Dr. Buss. That's getting HEAVILY into Luxury Tax land despite it giving us a stacked roster beyond belief. I have a hard time envisioning any owner coughing up that kind of dough.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
last stand wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
GinoDB wrote:how about this

Deng (re-signed starting at 9 mil.)
Hinrich

for

Odom
Farmar
Mihm (or Ariza if they want more)


That's an awwwwwwful lot of salary for us to be taking on with Drew & Kobe's extensions just around the corner.

Plus I don't think Chicago is getting enough back in that deal, but it's not that outlandish from just a talent standpoint.


itss a perfect deal for what they want to do

shed salary get young talent back and get huge expirings

but how do they sell to the rest of the league sending us a package they wouldn't send for kobe for lamar, farmar, ariza, mihm


Chicago doesn't give a damn about the rest of the league. If a deal comes along that makes sense for them, they'll do it.

Hinrich's coming off a down year and has a long contract. They also just drafted the #1 overall pick at his same position. They'd trade him for a half-eaten tub of Cool Whip if they could. Deng on the other hand is being unreasonable with his demands. Not too crazy of a justification there.

The biggest hurdle is all that salary on the books for Dr. Buss. That's getting HEAVILY into Luxury Tax land despite it giving us a stacked roster beyond belief. I have a hard time envisioning any owner coughing up that kind of dough.


all mitch has to do is tell jerry

the endorsements you coul get for that 75 win team would be off the charts
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby OC Lakerfan on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:04 pm

We won't trade for Deng if he's making that much. Too many players with fat contracts.

Kobe
Gasol
Resigned Bynum
AND Deng?

No way it's happening. Lakers would rather resign Odom for less (or better yet, trade him for someone who is a better fit and makes less).
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
User avatar
OC Lakerfan

 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:07 pm

OC Lakerfan wrote:We won't trade for Deng if he's making that much. Too many players with fat contracts.

Kobe
Gasol
Resigned Bynum
AND Deng?

No way it's happening. Lakers would rather resign Odom for less (or better yet, trade him for someone who is a better fit and makes less).


kobe would take a pay cut to play on that team

his image would benefit astronomically

which could put him over the top when discussing greatest players of all time

first people will say hopw unselfish of him all along he was about winning

the the championships that would roll in with that team would also help his image

winning 6 championships which is what that stacked team could accomplish would effectively solidify his image and career
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm

i say bynum settles for 72 million over 6 years

kobe will take a pay cut to about 5 years 60 million

deng will be making 11 million a year

hinrich will be makeing 10 million a year with decreasing salary

then you search hard for luke walton or vlad takers

done
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm

I am so disappointed in the contracts of Luke Walton and Vladamir Radmanovic. Those two contracts are worth 11 million dollars. I cant wait till they come off the books but we have to wait 3 years for Vlad and 5 years for Luke.

It may just be me but signing mediocre players to long term contracts is a bad idea. As much as I would llike to have those contracts expire this year, thats not the case. With that said, in principle I hope we never sign a player of Luke Walton or Radmanovic calibur to a 5 year deal again.
pureuncut100

 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:I am so disappointed in the contracts of Luke Walton and Vladamir Radmanovic. Those two contracts are worth 11 million dollars. I cant wait till they come off the books but we have to wait 3 years for Vlad and 5 years for Luke.

It may just be me but signing mediocre players to long term contracts is a bad idea. As much as I would llike to have those contracts expire this year, thats not the case. With that said, in principle I hope we never sign a player of Luke Walton or Radmanovic calibur to a 5 year deal again.


i remember when there was rumors miami was highly interested in signing luke :bang:

should have let them :bang:
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby air_bryant08 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 pm

The Lakers won't let Fisher go.
Image
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
User avatar
air_bryant08

 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.