HoopsWorld: Deng Available; Lakers Interested?

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:33 am

Indianballer wrote:Kobe 20 mil
Gasol 14 mil
Bynum 12 mil
Deng 12 mil
Radmnovic 6 mil
Walton 5 mil

That 69 million for 6 players we would have a 95 million dollar payroll if we do this. That's never going to happen so everyone can forget it.

Word.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:30 am

10scott10 wrote:
DahaDan wrote:
popo wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
LakersFan1211 wrote:Wasn't Chris Mihm on the Bull's radar last season?

He did nothing and cost us 2.5mill :freak2:

Look at Raef LaFrentz. 12 million for 65 points and 67 rebounds. Now thats bad.

or darius miles

or Luke Walton.
Savory Griddles

Postby Podium on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:50 am

pureuncut100 wrote:
chingy248 wrote:lol wtf kinda trade is that

we trade our 4th best player for their whole core.

Coby for KG?

Thats a little unfair. Odom as our third option was a good player.

But its Odom and his expiring contract for Deng.

Now the Bulls could get nothing or they could get something. True they have some time but if things dont get worked out then they are better off getting something.

I remind you of Kwame Brown if you dont understand how important expiring contracts are in this league, If we could get Gasol for Kwame we could get Deng and filler for Odom.

Odom's expiring contract for Deng ... and his would be expiring contract if he plays under his qualifying offer (I doubt Memphis is going to throw a $13M offer at him so the Bulls won't match). So instead of paying Deng 4.5M over the season and letting him walk, they'll take on Odom's 14.2M expiring contract, pay almost 10M more, and still end up with the same net result. I just don't get that deal from Chicago's side.

Memphis got Kwame to get out of the last three year's of Pau's contract. They saved $50 million over three years.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Armani on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:56 am

last stand wrote:
Armani wrote:this does not make sense for the bulls, the need a true C.

they aren't going to get one

their best hope is to get odom and make themselves a running team

gooden
odom
nocioni
hinrich
rose

that team could run

they need a post player lamar gives them that in fact he scores the bulk of his points through the post

it's a young team, they wouldn't mind starting noah at the 4 at all. the bulls have always overvalued theyir players and odom's not the dominant post presence they need. they need a true, 7 footer C who can post. they will ask for bynum or gasol.
Armani

Postby sleepin4matty on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Per SKY @ LG
The Lakers have been after Deng for two years. They've already contacted his agent about S&T scenarios. That can only realistically happen in an Odom deal and only if Buss was already ok with the fiscal ramifications. The decision has already been made, if the Lakers can make a deal where Odom and Deng are the principals they are pulling the trigger without any hesitation whatsoever.

Raise all the negatives you want CB, the Lakers have already made the call on this one. They do it.
sleepin4matty

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:18 pm

I like it, Odom for Deng is great IMO, Deng is younger, better offensively, has more potential and so forth. And LMAO @ CB still being a negative influence on another board going around trying to pump up LO and any other player that one negative thing is said about. I'm so glad that guy's not on CL anymore.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 pm

i like deng a lot

but what about him do they like so much

i think this happens

deng no doubt would die to come to LA if we offer him a huge contract
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:38 pm

a team whose wanted a small foward just made me think i hope to god they dont get involved

portland

we know paul allen is willing to pay his life savings

we know kevin pritchard likes to make deals to make deals

and they have

12 million expiring in raef lafrenze

they have nice young players in martell webster and travis outlaw they can offer

if they throw

raef lafrenz, outlaw, webster for luol deng, larry hughes

we can still beat that but it would take

lamar, farmar, ariza for luol deng, and drew gooden

if they got deng then i might be worried about portland

oden
aldridge
deng
roy
bayless

:man4:

god if they get in a race we need to throw that offer out alog with a 2nd round pick just to make sure they dont get deng

we can sign bench players

losing 2 bench players is a small price to pay for having our window go from 5 years to 10

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Marques24kobe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

HoopsWorld:

A number of teams would have interest in Deng via sign-and-trade. The Los Angeles Lakers, when negotiating with the Bulls last summer for a potential Kobe Bryant trade, desired both Hinrich and Deng. That interest has probably not waned despite the team's climb back to the NBA Finals.

A source close to the Lakers noted there are some long-term concerns at point guard with Derek Fisher in his thirties and Jordan Farmar yet to prove he's more than a change of pace guard off the bench. Hinrich would be an excellent fit. Deng is a versatile true small forward and capable defender.

To date the Lakers have said they intend to see how well the front court of Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom operate together. That remains the case but if the Bulls were interested in wholesale change, LA would certainly be willing to at least discuss the possibilities - even if that meant giving up on the super-sized front court before giving seeing it practice.

Credit the Lakers for thinking big. They got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown (and pieces). If they could fill two positions for the next four to five years in one motion, Dr. Buss may be willing to pay the luxury taxes; otherwise they're unlikely to make a lateral move.

Chicago isn't about to roll over for anyone but what the Bulls may find, as did the Memphis Grizzlies in the Gasol trade, is that there are few teams truly willing to take on major salary.

Hold out Deng, Hold out!
Marques24kobe

Postby indeed on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Deng>>>>LO
Hinrich>>LO
for our team. either guy would benefit us more than LO
indeed

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:16 pm

honestly

if its lamar for deng the FO might think about it

lamar, farmar, mihm, ariza for luol deng, and kirk hinrich

the lakers would jump on that in a second

you effectively lock up one of the best starting fives ever

not to mention 4 out of 5 are part of the 28 and under club

2 of them being 23 and 20

then you add that hinrich is the perfect triangle fit

and deng is a very good fit as well

if its hinrich and deng lakers do it no questions asked

then all they need is kwame or something to play back-up center

though i do think luol deng could play back up PF as sort of a running line-up with the second unit

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby sleepin4matty on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:44 pm

last stand wrote:a team whose wanted a small foward just made me think i hope to god they dont get involved

portland

we know paul allen is willing to pay his life savings

we know kevin pritchard likes to make deals to make deals

and they have

12 million expiring in raef lafrenze

they have nice young players in martell webster and travis outlaw they can offer

if they throw

raef lafrenz, outlaw, webster for luol deng, larry hughes

we can still beat that but it would take

lamar, farmar, ariza for luol deng, and drew gooden

if they got deng then i might be worried about portland

oden
aldridge
deng
roy
bayless

:man4:

god if they get in a race we need to throw that offer out alog with a 2nd round pick just to make sure they dont get deng

we can sign bench players

losing 2 bench players is a small price to pay for having our window go from 5 years to 10

They have Travis Outlaw to play the 3 why do they want to get rid of someone cheaper, younger and more athletic for Deng? That doesn't make sense or make me worry at all.
sleepin4matty

Postby Helljumper on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:12 pm

indeed wrote:Deng>>>>LO
Hinrich>>LO

IIRC, Hinrich performed horribly last year. I'd consider trading Odom for Deng straight up, but definitely not for Hinrich.

Odom: 14 ppg, 11 rpg, 4 apg on a team that made the Finals while shooting 52%
Hinrich: 12 ppg, 3 rpg, 6 apg on a team that didn't make the playoffs while shooting 41%

I know that statistically, it's hard to compare a point guard to a power forward like that but Odom is easily a better all around player than Hinrich.
Helljumper

Postby indeed on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Helljumper wrote:
indeed wrote:Deng>>>>LO
Hinrich>>LO

IIRC, Hinrich performed horribly last year. I'd consider trading Odom for Deng straight up, but definitely not for Hinrich.

Odom: 14 ppg, 11 rpg, 4 apg on a team that made the Finals while shooting 52%
Hinrich: 12 ppg, 3 rpg, 6 apg on a team that didn't make the playoffs while shooting 41%

I know that statistically, it's hard to compare a point guard to a power forward like that but Odom is easily a better all around player than Hinrich.

hinrich is a better defender. BTW how many teams did LO lead to the abyss of no playoffs?
indeed

Postby Armani on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:36 pm

wtf? hinrich is NOT better than odom. we would have get more than just hinrich out of chicago.
Armani

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Armani wrote:wtf? hinrich is NOT better than odom. we would have get more than just hinrich out of chicago.

i think the most fair deal by far is

lamar, ariza, farmar, mihm, 2nd round pick for hinrich, deng, thabo sepholosha

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby indeed on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:47 pm

last stand wrote:
Armani wrote:wtf? hinrich is NOT better than odom. we would have get more than just hinrich out of chicago.

LMMFAO. RU kidding? LO isnt valuable for his talent. he is valuable because he is an expiring so talent vs talent bulls get screwed.
LO for Hinrich+ is equal except Kirk+ is a much better fit for our team than Lo is
indeed

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:

LMMFAO. RU kidding? LO isnt valuable for his talent. he is valuable because he is an expiring so talent vs talent bulls get screwed.
LO for Hinrich+ is equal except Kirk+ is a much better fit for our team than Lo is

um

gooden/ noah
lamar/ thomas
nocioni/ ariza
hughes/ gordon
rose/ farmar

is much better than the line-up they have now

deng wants a contract the bulls dont want to give and has set a deadline for them to change their offer or he will ask for a sign and trade

sepholosha was riding the bench as it is and with ariza going there he would be rendered useless

hinrich is well their luke walton they will happily include him in any deal

lamar is much better than hinrich and ariza and farmar make up for some of the potential lost with deng leaving

its a very fair deal that ends in a future line-up of

gooden/ noah
lamar/ thomas
nocioni/ ariza
wade/ gordon
rose/ farmar

i think they make out of this deal alot better than consensus would have ou believe

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Helljumper on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 pm

indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:

Wow, that is ridiculous. Odom IS valuable for his talent. Whether you want to admit it or not, Odom's talent and versatility, in ADDITION to his expiring contract, would make him valuable to a lot of GM's around the league. That trade would be fair. Odom for Hinrich would be a horrible trade for us.
Helljumper

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Helljumper wrote:
indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:

Wow, that is ridiculous. Odom IS valuable for his talent. Whether you want to admit it or not, Odom's talent and versatility, in ADDITION to his expiring contract, would make him valuable to a lot of GM's around the league. That trade would be fair. Odom for Hinrich would be a horrible trade for us.

its funny how laker fans underrate lamars value around the league

everyone loves lamars game

i love it to

too bad he has to play SF next year because he can't

if we had traded kwame for tracy mcgrady instead of gasol i would love to keep lamar

lamar is considered the most veratile, well rounded PF in the NBA by many believe that

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Amongst:Kings on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 pm

I don't know why anyone thinks this will happen? We didn't commit to Ronny at 4.5 Mill to avoid the luxury tax and now people think that we will sign Deng at 14 Mill for over 5 years?

Yea Right...

The only way Odom is moved, is if Ron is coming to LA without KT. Other than that, Odom is a Laker til his contract is over.
Amongst:Kings

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Amongst:Kings wrote:I don't know why anyone thinks this will happen? We didn't commit to Ronny at 4.5 Mill to avoid the luxury tax and now people think that we will sign Deng at 14 Mill for over 5 years?

Yea Right...

The only way Odom is moved, is if Ron is coming to LA without KT. Other than that, Odom is a Laker til his contract is over.

sky who is more reliable than you

no offense just truth he is very knowledgeable about the lakers inside situations

says that if deng is on the table the lakers will pull the trigger and buss has Oked it

apparently mitch and co have been head over heels for deng for two years now and would jump at any chance to get him

i think they aren't looking at artest because they know hes easy to get

i think they want to wait and see what happens with the younger guys in deng and smith and if sign and trade options become available

because with sign and trade you can lowball especially if the bulls are forced

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Helljumper on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 pm

last stand wrote:
Helljumper wrote:
indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:

i love it to

if we had traded kwame for tracy mcgrady instead of gasol i would love to keep lamar

lamar is considered the most veratile, well rounded PF in the NBA by many believe that

I do disagree with the Lamar can't play SF part because I think he'll surprise everyone next year with how he fits in at the 3.

But it's true that there are so many people that underrate him here. I wouldn't say he's worth $14 million a year but he is a great player that many teams would probably love to have. At the same time, these players that posters here want to trade him for, they probably only see play a couple of times a year and don't know that much about.
Helljumper

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Helljumper wrote:
last stand wrote:
Helljumper wrote:
indeed wrote:
last stand wrote:

i love it to

I do disagree with the Lamar can't play SF part because I think he'll surprise everyone next year with how he fits in at the 3.

But it's true that there are so many people that underrate him here. I wouldn't say he's worth $14 million a year but he is a great player that many teams would probably love to have. At the same time, these players that posters here want to trade him for, they probably only see play a couple of times a year and don't know that much about.

other than the lakers there are 5 players i know a lot about

luol deng(thought he was coming in the kobe deal so i started watching a lot of game tapes)
ron artest
chris bosh
lebron james

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Indianballer on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:29 pm

dude everyone except Amongst: Kings is so stupid
he makes perfect sense.

The Lakers are not going to have a 95 million dollar payroll. People reporting about the Lakers want to generate stories they don't care if it's possible or not. Man Buss is not going to pay 25 million in luxury tax. Here's a lttle math and you will see really quickly they can not do this trade.

Kobe 21 Million
Gasol 14 Million
Bynum 13 Million
Deng 13 Million
Radman 6 Million
Luke 5 Million
Fisher 4 Million

thats 7 players for 76 million. Add in extensions for Ariza, Farmar and Sasha that will happen in the nest year and half plus the other 3 players we hold on our roster You are looking at a 95-100 Million dollar payroll. Never happening end of sorry this trade is complete garbage.

Plus the Lakers do not need deng they need tough role players, thats why they lost to the Celtics. We will be dynamic on offense and defense next year but we just need to fill some holes with some cheap toughness. People like Kwame and Reggie Evans are thoughts to pursue not Deng.
Indianballer

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors