HoopsWorld: Josh Smith to L.A.? (DET update p9)

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 am

well what aggressive players did they have the opportunity to pursue who would have made the team better?

phil's comments were more a message to his player than anything else.

and Bynum is pretty damn aggressive

and the Lakers still have one of the most tradable assets to use in Odom - but no rush to move him for pennies on the dollar - that's not the Laker way
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 am

Emplay you saw much more of Clippers than I did so what is your opinion of Josh Powell? could he be the PF they need for spare minutes and would he help?
SignPippenNow

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:20 am

he's ok - not very high impact - they could do worse
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersFan1211 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 pm

I heard the deal between J.Smith and Hawks aren't going so well.
LakersFan1211

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:12 pm

it's not but I'm not sure how that concerns the Lakers at this point - you can argue they should swap Odom for Josh Smith - but I'm not sure they pursue that or not - sounds like it's temporarily a dead end.
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersFan1211 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking it's already dead, no one hasn't been talking about that deal since..last month.
LakersFan1211

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:16 pm

it's not dead until he signs a long term contract - or accepts the qualifying offer - or is S&T, etc

as a free agent - the possiblity remains - even if talks are stagnant.

Right now all Hawks talks appear to be stagnant - I don't have reason to believe LA was ever active anyway.

My word was that they had inquired about a month ago and told that they weren't S&T Smith - and I have no reason to believe that's changed except for what Sekou wrote - and even he has backed off the idea that a S&T is close - but rather the stalemate looks pretty well entrenched to last the month
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersFan1211 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 pm

IMO, If J.Smith is going to be traded, I think it's going to be to the Pistons. They got couple good players to give up for Smith but it's just my opinion.
LakersFan1211

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:34 pm

I don't think the Pistons do it though - I think they'll stick with what they have - especially Tayshaun.
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JoeHeff on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm

emplay wrote:that last post is laughable - sorry - just is

:man10:
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby JoeHeff on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:34 pm

emplay wrote:no they're not trying - they've already forfeit next season

:man10: again

one of those days?
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:35 pm

i mean - late night for me sure - a little crabby - but come on people
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby ScoobySnackz on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 pm

emplay wrote:but I'm not sure they pursue that or not - sounds like it's temporarily a dead end.

We probably never talked to the Hawks, no credible person reported such a thing.. ESPN/OCblog/LATimes..

nothing can be dead if there is nothing to be seen.

Scooby -
ScoobySnackz

Postby emplay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 pm

believe what you want
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby GinoDB on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 am

JoeHeff wrote:

one of those days?

been like that for a while now :mhihi: it seems

his post seem to be really short and cranky sounding

maybe its cause some of us only believe Gumbygld now :mhihi:
GinoDB

Postby last stand on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:47 am

GinoDB wrote:
JoeHeff wrote:

one of those days?

been like that for a while now :mhihi: it seems

his post seem to be really short and cranky sounding

maybe its cause some of us only believe Gumbygld now :mhihi:

i don't know why we only believe gumby

we all know who he is

funny how he never shows up and then the minute people question bynum's agent claim that bynum is 290lbs 9% body fat as posturing he shows up to let us all know its true

convenient huh

emplay isn't perfect much like most sports writers but he knows a hell of a lot more than david lee oops i meant gumby

funny how his info only circles around his only two clients on the lakers ariza and bynum

also funny how he was in the room during bynums MRI

ok i'm done just thought i'd vent on gumby's credibility outside his clients i mean those particular two players
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby emplay on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:45 am

now its dead - smith to mem for 58 mil over 5 - up to atl to match
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:21 am

emplay wrote:now its dead - smith to mem for 58 mil over 5 - up to atl to match

Wow. So they're planning on playing him at pf? Smith/Gay/Mayo/Connelly. Man, if they all mature to where people think they will, they could make a serious run in 3-4 years.
Savory Griddles

Postby L4L on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:56 am

ATL will match.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

OK!

Postby fandango on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:03 pm

[quote="emplay"]that last post is laughable - sorry - just is[/quote]

Which part of my post is laughable?
It is obvious, your opinion of M.K. is different than mine. Keep it for yourself.OK?
fandango

Re: OK!

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:16 pm

fandango wrote:
emplay wrote:that last post is laughable - sorry - just is

Which part of my post is laughable?
It is obvious, your opinion of M.K. is different than mine. Keep it for yourself.OK?

i think he was more of refering to the jerry west part
10scott10

LOL!

Postby fandango on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:23 pm

[quote="emplay"]so if they win with Odom - why would you want to change that? Makes no sense at all. Damn - what did odom do to you?[/quote]

What a comment emplay?
From time to time you are trowing out some bombs like this one.
Let me tell you something.
If the Lakers win, that will be because of Bynum, not because of Lamar.OK?
We have played through the finals last season with Odom in the lineup and every Lakers fan knows what happened. Perhaps, you have forgot it already.
Lamar is not a winer. There are so many members here, who are actualy saying it.
Damn!
Odom did a lot of damage on our reputation as a elite organization.
If you can't see it, it is too bad for you. Think about the words, you are using in your post above.
fandango

LOL!

Postby fandango on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm

[quote="KOBETIMEALLDAY"]What can I say, Im an optimist, and i think we could still win with Odom, but it would be a lot tougher on Kobe and everyone. I would like to see us win without having to fight incredibly tough battles. This will help to keep Kobe and Co. in better condition for years to come. (Lock up the number 1 seed early, sweep through the playoffs etc. ) Im thinking Dynasty here Emplay my friend.

Keeping Odom would be alright but if we can trade for Smith, Prince, or Marion
we really really really should. It will make all of our lives easier, especially Kobe!! I feel we can break records with one of these small forwards!!

As for my Odom beef...

Me and my dad have been to every game for 9 years now. My pops is very knowledgeable of the game and he despises LO. He hates his jumper, his softness, his inconsistency. We were happy when he played well this year, but he really disappointed us in the finals. I blame coaching also though not just him.

I think we should have won this year if Phil had commanded Odom and Co. to be more aggressive with slashing. Another reason we lost was Phil's substitution patterns, but that a different story LOL. Odom is a good player but now with our current roster he just isn't the ideal guy for the SF.

Oh yea here is another reason I hate LO.

I go to some pretty trendy clubs in Hollyweird. I have seen LO many times at these places. I've seen him go clubbing on a friday night after a good game and play absolutely terrible the following Sunday day game. I've seen him conversing with and actually making transactions with known x dealers too, lets just say after going to some of these places often u get to know who is who.

We pay wayyy too much money to see these guys play ball. Since we are paying them, I want the Lakers to employ professionals who are constantly focused on basketball. Kobe is a good example of this. I'm not saying a player can't go out and party once in a while, but not MID SEASON!!!!!! LO does not set a good example for our young players and I want him gone. Vlad Rad also is a bit of a partier and inconsistent, disappointing player., I've seen him in the club chain smoking and freakin fat chicks LOL.

LO seems like a decent guy and I know he has had many hardships.. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't want him on our team anymore.[/quote]

I support 1,000 % this post. Great material my friend. Great
It seems to me, emplay is the only one, who likes Lamar Odom and is against any trade ideas, involving him.Wow!.
fandango

Re: LOL!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 pm

fandango wrote:
KOBETIMEALLDAY wrote:What can I say, Im an optimist, and i think we could still win with Odom, but it would be a lot tougher on Kobe and everyone. I would like to see us win without having to fight incredibly tough battles. This will help to keep Kobe and Co. in better condition for years to come. (Lock up the number 1 seed early, sweep through the playoffs etc. ) Im thinking Dynasty here Emplay my friend.

Keeping Odom would be alright but if we can trade for Smith, Prince, or Marion
we really really really should. It will make all of our lives easier, especially Kobe!! I feel we can break records with one of these small forwards!!

As for my Odom beef...

Me and my dad have been to every game for 9 years now. My pops is very knowledgeable of the game and he despises LO. He hates his jumper, his softness, his inconsistency. We were happy when he played well this year, but he really disappointed us in the finals. I blame coaching also though not just him.

I think we should have won this year if Phil had commanded Odom and Co. to be more aggressive with slashing. Another reason we lost was Phil's substitution patterns, but that a different story LOL. Odom is a good player but now with our current roster he just isn't the ideal guy for the SF.

Oh yea here is another reason I hate LO.

I go to some pretty trendy clubs in Hollyweird. I have seen LO many times at these places. I've seen him go clubbing on a friday night after a good game and play absolutely terrible the following Sunday day game. I've seen him conversing with and actually making transactions with known x dealers too, lets just say after going to some of these places often u get to know who is who.

We pay wayyy too much money to see these guys play ball. Since we are paying them, I want the Lakers to employ professionals who are constantly focused on basketball. Kobe is a good example of this. I'm not saying a player can't go out and party once in a while, but not MID SEASON!!!!!! LO does not set a good example for our young players and I want him gone. Vlad Rad also is a bit of a partier and inconsistent, disappointing player., I've seen him in the club chain smoking and freakin fat chicks LOL.

LO seems like a decent guy and I know he has had many hardships.. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't want him on our team anymore.

I support 1,000 % this post. Great material my friend. Great
It seems to me, emplay is the only one, who likes Lamar Odom and is against any trade ideas, involving him.Wow!.

well no offense but i kind of dont believe you...and even though i cant afford to go to every game, ive been to a few and i can honestly say that Odom is a great addition to our team. The guy has awesome talent and his inconsistency isnt a reflection of his effort. He, much like Kobe was revamped when Gasol showed up. He played great. and as for slashing in the finals i dont know if you noticed but slashing was pretty much cut off except for Kobe who happens to be the greatest player on the planet. i dont mean to make you angry or to sound like im criticizing you, but i just dont agree at all with your assessment of Odom and his play for the Lakers. And i just flat out dont believe you when you say he does x. sorry. and even if he does its his life and if hes screwing up, blame his team mates too. what kind of friends let a team mate go out and do drugs on the weekends? see what im saying? i just kinda dont believe you...sorry...
i like odom, and i trust emplay :jam2:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersFan1211 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Hawks matched it.. now it's dead. Hawks resigned J.Smith.
LakersFan1211

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors