HOOPSWORLD: Lakers looking to deal?

HOOPSWORLD: Lakers looking to deal?

Postby HisAirness24 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11016

The question has come up a million times and was discussed at some length by a Lakers source today. Are the Lakers, who have been struggling of late, looking to make a move?

It seems they are, as our source told us today that there are a couple is issues going on behind the scenes that could lead to a major roster move. Of course, there has been plenty of talk about the team moving Lamar Odom, and it makes a degree of sense to link the Lakers with the Charlotte Bobcats in this area. The Bobcats are shopping basically everyone, and Gerald Wallace could solve some problems that are currently facing the Lakers.

Let's be clear - trading Odom would have nothing to do with Lamar himself wanting to leave. In fact, he told HOOPSWORLD over the weekend that he would stay in LA for less money just to continue as a Laker. That feature is coming soon, so watch for it.

No, this is about what Phil Jackson sees his team needing to gear up for what many believe will be another showdown with the Boston Celtics . . .and Paul Pierce. Gerald Wallace is a piece who would not only help contain Pierce, but also keep him busy on the defensive end.

The other issue facing the team right now, as you can probably guess, is that a couple of the guys who signed huge contracts over the summer are trying to do too much. Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic feel like they need to score a lot of points to justify their deals, but the team doesn't necessarily need that from them. Points are good, but defense and, in the case of Vujacic, facilitating the offense more is what's called for.

There is also the Farmar issue, which is looking like a long-term problem for LA. While Jackson talks about this kind of injury often being a 2-3 games out kind of thing, Farmar is telling people he won't rush back. The meniscus is an injury that can damage a player long-term if they come back too soon. Farmar told reporters recently that he understands this is a business, and he doesn't want to risk his long term employment picture by coming back too quickly this season.

It sounds like the Lakers may be in the market for a point guard, as well.

:bow:
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Re: HOOPSWORLD: Lakers looking to deal?

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:50 pm

I don't really consider Hoopsworld to be a very accurate source, but I've gotten to the point where I'd love to see Lamar go out in exchange for Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller, so I hope there's something to this.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby tradelamarodom on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:I don't really consider Hoopsworld to be a very accurate source, but I've gotten to the point where I'd love to see Lamar go out in exchange for Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller, so I hope there's something to this.

mike miller isn't very good
tradelamarodom

Postby GinoDB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

tradelamarodom wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:I don't really consider Hoopsworld to be a very accurate source, but I've gotten to the point where I'd love to see Lamar go out in exchange for Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller, so I hope there's something to this.

well hes good if he comes with other people (depends who those are of course), because obviously Lamar for Miller is not an equal deal,
GinoDB

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:08 am

tradelamarodom wrote:

He's a much better fit than Odom. At least he tries on defense and never gives up on a play. Great shooter as well.

It would be virtually impossible to get him without a third team though.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby JoeHeff on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:59 am

Jordan being out for a while, I'd imagine, will spur the FO to be more aggressive about making the type of trade that many have been calling for (better fit SF, better defensive PG). Not to say Mitch is an idiot for not being eager to do this before, just saying despite a new/different reason, we the fans may get what we (some of us) have been wanting!

Let's see... if only there was a tough defensive minded SF that can hit a 3, and quick PG that can bring this team some decent D on the same team... I'd take Nocioni and Hinrich if Hinrich wasn't injured and the Bulls would do it. Too bad Hinrich isn't projected to return for another month. There goes the reason Mitch might be on board.
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby rated-rdb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:29 pm

TRADE GASOL TO BOBCATS FRO DIAW AND FELTON CANT ANYONT SEE . GEEZZ. look gasol is problem--------- lineup bynum--odom--diaw--kobe--felton===or --bynum--diaw--ariza--kobe--felton=====. resign odom for less he said he would do that use extra money to resign felton-=============then we match up with celtics............rando==felton.....kobe====allen....pierce=====diaw......garnett====odom......bynum=====perkins?????
rated-rdb

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 pm

rated-rdb wrote:TRADE GASOL TO BOBCATS FRO DIAW AND FELTON CANT ANYONT SEE . GEEZZ. look gasol is problem--------- lineup bynum--odom--diaw--kobe--felton===or --bynum--diaw--ariza--kobe--felton=====. resign odom for less he said he would do that use extra money to resign felton-=============then we match up with celtics............rando==felton.....kobe====allen....pierce=====diaw......garnett====odom......bynum=====perkins?????

:man10: :man10: :man10:

You have got to be kidding me. Gasol is the problem?!?!?!? The guy has been our most consistent player all year! Diaw is lazy as hell and PIerce would destroy him. Plus, Boris isn't really a SF anyway.

Your post makes zero sense.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Kou on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:29 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
rated-rdb wrote:TRADE GASOL TO BOBCATS FRO DIAW AND FELTON CANT ANYONT SEE . GEEZZ. look gasol is problem--------- lineup bynum--odom--diaw--kobe--felton===or --bynum--diaw--ariza--kobe--felton=====. resign odom for less he said he would do that use extra money to resign felton-=============then we match up with celtics............rando==felton.....kobe====allen....pierce=====diaw......garnett====odom......bynum=====perkins?????

:man10: :man10: :man10:

You have got to be kidding me. Gasol is the problem?!?!?!? The guy has been our most consistent player all year! Diaw is lazy as hell and PIerce would destroy him. Plus, Boris isn't really a SF anyway.

Your post makes zero sense.

Gasol is also only worth Diaw + Felton, awesome.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 am

crack kills.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mapabu1 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:44 am

With all due respect, that might be the dumbest trade idea ever uttered by anyone
mapabu1

Postby rated-rdb on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:29 am

what did we give up for gasol??????thenthats whats hes worth....... you are what ur record says u r.
rated-rdb

Postby timemaster11 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 pm

I think our Record says we are 23-5 and on top of the west by 5 games. Gasol's worth isn't determined by what we got him for. That is like saying Lebron is worth what the Cavs paid for him in his rookie deal.

Trade Gasol, Id like to trade you to another forum
timemaster11

Postby Lakers323342 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 pm

that rated-rdb ain't nothing but a lurker. kgb, you guys need to keep looking at these posters closely.
Lakers323342

Postby from714to402 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Lakers323342 wrote:that rated-rdb ain't nothing but a lurker.

You mean troll?
from714to402

Postby rated-rdb on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:33 pm

iam a life long laker fan for the last 30 years........................i know good players from bad and good from great.......................kobe great== gasol toilet paper== odom just needs medicine and bynum needs 38 mins a nite...............why do u guys love gasol???????? he is our only tradable player...... nobody wants our white trash........odom will resign for half of what he makes now do u think gasol will do that in 3 years...hahaha.....no way....... watch tv at 5 oclock today and see for urself ..............no nuts for gasol..............lets deal him tp bobcats=[they need a center=]...gasol for felton and wallace OR we trade gasol to BULLS for gooden=hinrich=thabo
rated-rdb

Postby from714to402 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 pm

rated-rdb wrote:iam a life long laker fan for the last 30 years........................i know good players from bad and good from great.......................kobe great== gasol toilet paper== odom just needs medicine and bynum needs 38 mins a nite...............why do u guys love gasol???????? he is our only tradable player...... nobody wants our white trash........odom will resign for half of what he makes now do u think gasol will do that in 3 years...hahaha.....no way....... watch tv at 5 oclock today and see for urself ..............no nuts for gasol..............lets deal him tp bobcats=[they need a center=]...gasol for felton and wallace OR we trade gasol to BULLS for gooden=hinrich=thabo

:freak2:
from714to402

Postby JokerClownX3 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Damn megan good is beautiful.
JokerClownX3

Postby Lakers323342 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:45 am

from714to402 wrote:
Lakers323342 wrote:that rated-rdb ain't nothing but a lurker.

You mean troll?

Yeah, couldn't find the word that I was looking for.
Lakers323342

Postby deal on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:57 am

have u even seen the Kobe interview with Magic? He says the MVP came easier because he now had Pau ( or something like that) ... trade Pau?: you must be joking....

that will not happen any time soon...

this must be a joke...
deal

Postby reerununo on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 am

Trade Pau??!?!?! You're not serious are you? I think Pau has a great chance at being an MVP candidate, although I don't think he'd be chosen, he certainly has been consistent since the season has started and is doing a stellar job at getting his team involved.
reerununo

Postby 2k on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:12 pm

hahahhaha, you must not no much about basketball. Try actually watching the game instead of looking at boxscores and looking at the guy with the ball, look at the guys working around it. Then you will see what you are saying is complete bull.

Postby Wino on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Has to be a troll.

One thing that is freaking me out about the Laker sites is that they all want so bad to be fair that they are more than willing to chase away the hard core Laker fans in order to allow the "other team" fans an equal voice.

I really hate that, I think it sucks.

With us heading into an era of Celtics vs Lakers, the stuff we have seen over the last few years is going to seem like nothing. Sorry but competing with fans of the Spurs is nowhere near as bad as dealing with fans of the Celtics.

It's going to lead to a LOT MORE trolling. I honestly don't think we should tolerate it much.
The mustard's off the hotdog!!
Wino

Postby deal on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm

yeah, but we know nobody that knows the sport would even talk of a Pau trade unless you were getting, well, just a few people come to mind. But again; Lakers will not be fielding calls for one of our 2 real stars...

not happening....
deal

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:25 pm

I dunno.. I'm not all that opposed to dealing Gasol.. There's a few scenarios I think we could make our team stronger by dealing Gasol..

Bdiddy is sending mixed signals about wanting out.. Add in the fact that 1 of Camby/Randolph/Kaman is going to be sent out..

What about Gasol + Luke for Bdiddy & Kaman.. They would have to find a third team to take Gasol & send them a solid PG since they're already solid up front.. I'm sure there's plenty of teams that would take a shot at Pau tho.

Portland - LMA + Outlaw + Blake for Gasol + Powell + a 2nd..

With Boozer all but saying he's opting out & going to MIA.. Boozer + Brevin Knight + Korver for Gasol + Luke would probably appeal to Utah.. Don't think Boozer would be going anywhere once he comes here & wins a ring..

The Hinrich injury really messed up our best option imo.. I wouldn't involve Gasol because we don't really get the star power back, but even with the injury I still wouldn't be opposed to Hinrich + Gooden + Nocioni for LO + Luke + Vlade.. That's pretty lopsided in our favor so if they wanted Luke replaced with Sasha I'd still do it.. Considering Hinrich can guard SG's..

Hinrich is the perfect triangle PG.. As starters it's close but LO>Gooden.. But I think Gooden would probably give us more than LO has been giving us off the bench because he wouldn't let it effect him as much mentally.. & then Nocioni.. He's basically Vlade's shooting + solid D..
LakersN4

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors