HoopsWorld Rumor: Odom for Mike Miller, Collins discussed?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:00 am

Ubershorty wrote:What about Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, and Jordan Farmar for Mike Miller, Jason Collins, Corey Brewer, and Sebastian Telfair or Randy Foye?
I would do that trade.

your ideas are always so HUGE. every trade doesn't need to encompass three or more players. Lamar for Collins, Miller and maybe a pick would be the best i would think i this particular situation, but we're not getting much more than that from the wolves.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 am

LDR wrote:I'd do this deal because Miller is an underrated defender. It would leave us with a gaping whole at backup PF though.

Capable of playing pf
gasol
Powell
vlad
luke

Yes, if gasol or bynum gets injured we're a little thin.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby twenty10guy on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Im in!
.............................Worldwide lakers.............................

No part timers! No Bandwagon riders! No Fakes! No Phonys! We dont need em

..........Haters can play like steve irwin and go swim wit a stingray!!!......
twenty10guy

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:50 pm

LDR wrote:I'd do this deal because Miller is an underrated defender. It would leave us with a gaping whole at backup PF though.

Agreed. Everyone knows about his ability to shoot lights out but people underestimate his defensive prowess.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Larry14r on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:02 pm

two0one7 wrote:

Agreed. Everyone knows about his ability to shoot lights out but people underestimate his defensive prowess.

Even if that's the case Mchale will never trade with us.
Larry14r

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 pm

John3:16 wrote:In

A

Heartbeat

!

This.

I love Miller's game & he would fit in like a glove at the SF on this team.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby L4L on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Miller is a perfect triangle player. He has guard skills to compliment his forwardesque scoring style. Check his floor game numbers or the scouting report. The guy can handle AND pass (has spent time at PG for the depleted Grizzlies a few years back).

Yes, he's also an underrated defender. Most people see a white guy and they just assume he doesn't have athletic tools. He's extremely long and relatively athletic. He won't wow anyone, but he's a full notch above Vlad when you pull out the hop, skip, jump, and run measuring sticks.

However, Miller is soft as hell. This guy disappears in the crunch and his jumper follows him. He gets pushed around at times despite the best rebounding numbers of any "shooting guard" (though he's not really a guard).

In some ways, he's the perfect fit, but, in my opinion, he is the antithesis of the solution to our problems. He makes us weaker and softer on the inside and he's not much of an improvement over Odom, if at all, when it comes down to crucial moments.

In the past, I would have liked this trade, especially because it would have involved one of the Memphis PGs, but the Lakers absolutely have to get a legitimate big man in return to pull the trigger on a Miller/Odom swap.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby bystander on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:55 pm

i've seen a looooot of Grizzlies games because of Pau and i can tell you something, Mike Miller can't defend anyone effectly.

I still remember how they always put him defending Kobe and how i laught about it. And if some people are worry about Pau's mental toughness ... you haven't seen Miller, review his playoffs stats.

it's not even a rumor, but Miller would be very nice for the Lakers, another great shooter, indeed even better than Vujacic. But they would get nothing else but a shooter. And like almost every shooter, a streaky shooter.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby tradelamarodom on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Ubershorty wrote:What about Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, and Jordan Farmar for Mike Miller, Jason Collins, Corey Brewer, and Sebastian Telfair or Randy Foye?
I would do that trade.

they traded brandon roy for randy foye
thats funny
tradelamarodom

Postby wallangong on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Jason Collins just had surgery from a golf cart accident... :man10:

not laughing about the injury, just how it was sustained.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 pm

I'd love for it to happen, but unfortunately, this is nothing (according to emplay on LG). Meaning, it's speculation, and it's not anything to be excited about.

Just passing what I read.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby number8 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't think this was ever an actual rumor. If you read the transcript from his morning chat, someone suggested this trade to him and he just like the idea.
number8

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:37 am

There HAS to be an effective four coming back in ANY Odom deal.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby LDR on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 am

bystander wrote:

i've seen a looooot of Grizzlies games because of Pau and i can tell you something, Mike Miller can't defend anyone effectly.

I still remember how they always put him defending Kobe and how i laught about it. And if some people are worry about Pau's mental toughness ... you haven't seen Miller, review his playoffs stats.

it's not even a rumor, but Miller would be very nice for the Lakers, another great shooter, indeed even better than Vujacic. But they would get nothing else but a shooter. And like almost every shooter, a streaky shooter.

Since when can ANYONE guard Kobe in single coverage? I'm not saying he's gonna lock anyone up, I'm just saying he's gonna be a much better defender than Lamar at the SF position.
LDR

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 am

LDR wrote:
bystander wrote:

Since when can ANYONE guard Kobe in single coverage? I'm not saying he's gonna lock anyone up, I'm just saying he's gonna be a much better defender than Lamar at the SF position.

Don't judge Lamar too quickly. I'm not saying he's going to be great at the SF but we haven't seen him this year. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything but i want to reserve judgement until we've seen this unit working together.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 am

I could live with this.. Miller>>>>>>>>>>Odom as far as a fit at the 3 on this team..Collins is atleast a decent backup that we can maybe 10 minutes out of, meaning that Pau can play most of his minutes at the 4 - reducing the need to keep Odom playing backup PF..

Makes me cringe thinking about the possibility of a Farmar - Sasha - Miller - Vlade - Gasol lineup.. That would have to be the absolute worst defensive lineup in the league. Altho I don't think anyone could guard them either.. 4 deep ball threats along with a guy with elite low post moves.. You can't guard that.

I don't think there's any way you can turn this down.. Especially when you consider that we might end up losing Odom for nothing if he wants an extention anywhere near his current deal.
LakersN4

Postby Larry14r on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:15 pm

LakersN4 wrote:I could live with this.. Miller>>>>>>>>>>Odom as far as a fit at the 3 on this team..Collins is atleast a decent backup that we can maybe 10 minutes out of, meaning that Pau can play most of his minutes at the 4 - reducing the need to keep Odom playing backup PF..

Makes me cringe thinking about the possibility of a Farmar - Sasha - Miller - Vlade - Gasol lineup.. That would have to be the absolute worst defensive lineup in the league. Altho I don't think anyone could guard them either.. 4 deep ball threats along with a guy with elite low post moves.. You can't guard that.

I don't think there's any way you can turn this down.. Especially when you consider that we might end up losing Odom for nothing if he wants an extention anywhere near his current deal.

Expect that Mchale is not going to trade with the Lakers because he doesn't like us.
Larry14r

Postby twenty10guy on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Larry14r wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:I could live with this.. Miller>>>>>>>>>>Odom as far as a fit at the 3 on this team..Collins is atleast a decent backup that we can maybe 10 minutes out of, meaning that Pau can play most of his minutes at the 4 - reducing the need to keep Odom playing backup PF..

Expect that Mchale is not going to trade with the Lakers because he doesn't like us.

I don know about that?? Cant see him passing on a win win
.............................Worldwide lakers.............................

No part timers! No Bandwagon riders! No Fakes! No Phonys! We dont need em

..........Haters can play like steve irwin and go swim wit a stingray!!!......
twenty10guy

Postby Larry14r on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 pm

twenty10guy wrote:
Larry14r wrote:

I don know about that?? Cant see him passing on a win win

Yeah I can because everytime he sees our names in the trade talk he'll pull the plug very quickly, and would rather send Miller to a team that will destory us, and he will reap all the benefits.
Larry14r

Postby mapabu1 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Considering Lamar is our backup pf I don't see how you can trade him without getting a pf back in return.
mapabu1

Postby LakerKev on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Mike Miller's shooting would be just the thing the Lakers need at the 3 spot. The flipside is he's a terrible defender and we dont need more of those. I wish there was some way we could dump Radmanovic. His contract is weighing the team down because he's not performing up to it.
LakerKev

Postby Larry14r on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:07 pm

LakerKev wrote:Mike Miller's shooting would be just the thing the Lakers need at the 3 spot. The flipside is he's a terrible defender and we dont need more of those. I wish there was some way we could dump Radmanovic. His contract is weighing the team down because he's not performing up to it.

Well as soon as other teams see Vlad underperforming then we will get laughed right off the phone. Also the only time I would trade with Mchale if we are robbing his asre. So the best revenge is to send Vlad, Luke, and Mihm for Miller, and Collins because it will show Mchale not to f with us or bad things will happen to him and his team.
Larry14r

Postby offyourheezy on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Larry14r wrote:
LakerKev wrote:Mike Miller's shooting would be just the thing the Lakers need at the 3 spot. The flipside is he's a terrible defender and we dont need more of those. I wish there was some way we could dump Radmanovic. His contract is weighing the team down because he's not performing up to it.

Well as soon as other teams see Vlad underperforming then we will get laughed right off the phone. Also the only time I would trade with Mchale if we are robbing his asre. So the best revenge is to send Vlad, Luke, and Mihm for Miller, and Collins because it will show Mchale not to f with us or bad things will happen to him and his team.

just saying this, but won't this make our team REALLY short on big men?

Bynum, Pau, Odom, the other guy.

o.o
offyourheezy

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:12 am

offyourheezy wrote:
Larry14r wrote:

just saying this, but won't this make our team REALLY short on big men?

Bynum, Pau, Odom, the other guy.

o.o

As far as bigs go right now, yes your right, all we have is Bynum, Gasol, Mihm and Odom. I suppose Powell as well, but if you remember from Ronny's play last year, there was times when he was exposed for his slight lack of height. ( Powell is about the same size) I can't imagine why we haven't signed Mbenga yet, but if we don't you can count on us keeping both Odom and Mihm.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Radner on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 am

mapabu1 wrote:Considering Lamar is our backup pf I don't see how you can trade him without getting a pf back in return.

That's why I would like to see a third team get involved if the Lakers ever contemplated trading Odom.

The only thing good about Collins is his expiring contract.
Radner

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors