Kidd to LA possibly back on the table (real rumor with Link)

Kidd to LA possibly back on the table (real rumor with Link)

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Thu May 31, 2007 7:22 am

Not necessarily a great source but ... for what it is worth ... the rumor is Bynum and fillers for Kidd. Of course, this would seem to negate the rumored JO deal.

Just throwing it out for those interested in following ALL the rumors.

http://slamonline.com/online/2007/05/links-how-the-kobe-circus-could-end/
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby basketboy on Thu May 31, 2007 7:33 am

lang is usually pretty legit with his sources, especially if hes throwing it out there like that. who know!?

i think the most interesting thing about that link wasnt kobe, but the bynum brigade lolololol
basketboy

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Thu May 31, 2007 8:12 am

I just ran several scenarios through the RealGM site and the only way this works under the CBA, is if Kwame or Lamar is included. I can't believe for a second Lamar is ... so it must be Kwame and his expiring contract. This means we'd be out TWO centers with only Mihm left ... assuming he is healed AND signs a new contract with us.

I have a very difficult time believing we'd do that without knowing we have a 7 footer coming from someplace.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby basketboy on Thu May 31, 2007 10:03 am

well hopefully thats where jo comes in..

i dunno, but i think id still rather go with the kobe/jo/artest line up than an aging kidd, but thats just me.
basketboy

Postby Savage1 on Thu May 31, 2007 10:20 am

basketboy wrote:well hopefully thats where jo comes in..

i dunno, but i think id still rather go with the kobe/jo/artest line up than an aging kidd, but thats just me.

I probably would too, but that would depend on who we could get as a pg. If we end up keeping Farmar after all those deals, and don't pick up a guy like Timsley, then it's going to be another D-League player that's getting heavy minutes.
Savage1

Postby dane99 on Thu May 31, 2007 1:31 pm

not a good source slam is a magazine that sells shoes :man12:
dane99

Postby basketboy on Thu May 31, 2007 2:14 pm

if you think SLAM just sells shoes then youve never read an actual SLAM magazine.. maybe a "Kicks" SLAM (i think its a once a year publication that they put out with all shoes in it) but otherwise, its an all basketball mag that has some pretty good writers. i especially like lang, he usually wont post something unless it has some backing to it.
basketboy

Postby Flatlyner on Thu May 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Terrible trade! One years worth of a aging injured PG (good as he might be) for possibly 10 solid years from a young potentially good center. NO WAY!
Flatlyner

Postby No Scope on Thu May 31, 2007 5:46 pm

If we some how get Kidd, JO, and Kobe on the same team wow.

:pipe:
[C.L.K] One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan.
No Scope

Postby fuserchris on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 am

basketboy wrote:lang is usually pretty legit with his sources, especially if hes throwing it out there like that. who know!?

i think the most interesting thing about that link wasnt kobe, but the bynum brigade lolololol

How come we've never heard of this Bynum brigade, for once CL has let something fall through the cracks. That website is entertaining btw.
fuserchris

Postby Klewfish on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Flatlyner wrote:Terrible trade! One years worth of a aging injured PG (good as he might be) for possibly 10 solid years from a young potentially good center. NO WAY!

One year winning the championship, or 10 years of mediocrity? Take your pick. Not saying getting Kidd will ensure a championship, but he'd bring us a lot closer than having Bynum. Me personally, I'd take 1 championship, and 9 non-championship seasons, over 10 seasons of no championships.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby ericdabbs on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Well the problem that I see is how are the lakers giong to deal with the salaries if we say that the manage to get JO from the pacers for just kwame and odom AND also pull off the trade for jkidd for bynum and fillers.

kobe makes around 17.5 mil
kidd makes around 18 mil
j oneal makes around 18 mil

These three players already put you over the salary cap and I dunno how the lakers are going to manage to find enough players to make the roster.

I am not trying to say that I don't want kidd...hell i would love to have him run the offense for us but I just can't see how the lakers will find the rest of the spots to fill the bench. Unless you pick up every scrub from the summer league and pay them the league minimum how are the going to do it?

I would much rather have the lakers get JO and make a run at artest to make this team better since artest only makes around 8 mil and use the rest of the money to find a better point guard.
ericdabbs

Postby wallangong on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:29 pm

i used the espn trade machine and came up with this:

Lakers
Incoming: Jermaine O'neal, Jason Kidd
Outgoing: Kwame, Bynum, Odom, Radmanovic, Evans

Pacers
Incoming: Kwame, Odom, Cook
Outgoing: Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley

Nets:
Incoming: Bynum, Radmanovic, Tinsley
Outgoing: Jason Kidd

we get a HOF point guard and a star big man.
pacers get a versatile player in Odom, shooting in Cook, and low post D and expiring K of kwame.
nets the potential in Bynum, some shooting in Vlad, and a solid PG in place of kidd while williams develops.
wallangong

Postby KB24dabest on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Klewfish wrote:One year winning the championship, or 10 years of mediocrity? Take your pick. Not saying getting Kidd will ensure a championship, but he'd bring us a lot closer than having Bynum. Me personally, I'd take 1 championship, and 9 non-championship seasons, over 10 seasons of no championships.
Kobe needs help. please give it to him it's just not fair for a competitive guy to have stiffs around him.
KB24dabest

Return to Sourced Rumors