Kwame and LaRon Profit???

Kwame and LaRon Profit???

Postby Sirron on Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:57 am

This based on this report. Looks like WA is throwing this guy in too. Anyone know anything about him?

July 16, 2005 latimes.com : Sports Print E-mail story Most E-mailed

Divac Says He Hasn't Made Retirement Decision
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer

The Lakers have added youth and size over the last three weeks, but aging center Vlade Divac said he is not yet ready to be nudged out of the low-post picture.

Divac, who played only 15 games last season because of back problems, contested a report from a Belgrade news agency that said he had decided to retire.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Sept. 30, that's when I'm going to decide what I'm going to do," Divac said Friday.

The Lakers and Divac agreed last month to postpone a decision on his future until that date, giving both sides time to monitor his health.

Divac, 37, had back surgery in January and averaged only 2.3 points last season. The Lakers could bring him back for $5.4 million, buy him out for $2 million or trade him to a team that could release him immediately to clear cap space.

Divac has said he would play only for the Lakers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kwame Brown, acquired from the Washington Wizards in a sign-and-trade deal, referred to the events of the week as a "resurrection" and acknowledged he had acted unprofessionally at times in his four years in the league.

Over the years, he had rebuffed Michael Jordan's demands, bristled when challenged by player-friendly Coach Eddie Jordan and underperformed on the court, averaging 7.7 points and 5.5 rebounds thus far.

"I'm not concerned with how I will be remembered in Washington," Brown told the Washington Post. "I'm concerned with how I'm remembered from this point on. It's about starting over and building a new legacy. This is a resurrection.

"I did some unprofessional things. If you live your life with regrets, you'll never move on. All the stuff that happened to me is ultimately going to make the person and the player that I'm going to become."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lakers will receive swingman Laron Profit from the Wizards as an additional part of the trade.

Profit, drafted in 1999 out of Maryland, has played parts of three NBA seasons and averaged 3.2 points in 42 games for the Wizards last season. Profit, 6 feet 5 and 204 pounds, will be a training-camp invitee.

Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:20 pm

Well that's good...at least we get 2 for 2 now...and is this Profit kid any good...like has anyone seen his style of play???
The Laker Link

Postby LakerLord3 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:47 pm

I love laron. He is a solid 2 guard, but the chances of him staying arent good.... he is 6'7 and he is very versatile and quick. He also has a couple years of experience.
sasha is my neighbor
LakerLord3

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:15 pm

Smush Parker and Von Wafer are playing too good right now, so I'm not sure if there is room.

Plus, we already have Jumaine Jones.....so I guess Laron is the odd man out.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:38 pm

PROFIT WILL NOT MAKE THE TEAM HE IS IN THERE SIMPLY TO MAKE THE NUMBERS JIVE, HE IS HOOPS UNLIMITED LEAGUE MATERIAL
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby JRocc88 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:15 pm

here's a scouting report on him from the '99 draft, when he was coming out of Maryland.

"Inconsistent between games and within games, and not all that great when he's on. Most constant skill is man defense, and he can rebound for a guard. Can't rule out that he could be a 4th guard/defensive stopper for a good team, but like most projected 2nd round picks he needs to develop some if he wants to get meaningful minutes in the NBA. Gary Williams' Maryland players have perhaps slightly exceeded expectations in the NBA"

So, maybe a good defensive stopper. Has no business ever shooting, EVER. He did drop 14 dimes in one game, though, in 2001 when he was with the Wiz.
JRocc88

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:31 am

He will be cut.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby nosebleedbum on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:24 pm

I love laron. He is a solid 2 guard, but the chances of him staying arent good.... he is 6'7 and he is very versatile and quick. He also has a couple years of experience.

all the sites i've looked at say he's 6-5. But regardless, if he's capable of guarding PG, he'll fill a need in phil's system. If he can't he won't find a roster spot here cuz gurading Sg is already taken care off.
nosebleedbum

Return to Sourced Rumors