Lakers / Charlotte Deal?

Postby westcoast21 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:47 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:mihm+cook+mckey for knight/ely/carroll is what i heard on sirius also

hope this is true :jam2:

C - Brown
PF - Radmonavich (sp)
SF - Odom
SG - Bryant
PG - Knight

not too shabby. Ely would be a big boost to our bench.

DO IT MITCH! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO IT!!!!
westcoast21

Postby Still A Dynasty on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:07 pm

like the deal involving McKie and Ely

Kwame/Bynum
Odom/Ely/Turiaf
Vlad/Walton/Carrol
Bryant/Evans/Sasha
Smush/Knight/Farmar

Id think Phil starts Smush...Brevin is not at all what Phil likes in his triangle PG
Still A Dynasty

Postby Flatlyner on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:23 pm

This deal is junk unless it includes Ely. We should NOT trade Mihm unless we get some sort of big in return. If we did this, all it would take is a injury to Kwame and we have Bynum playing 30 mins a game or more.
Flatlyner

Postby The Maverick on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:26 pm

I'd only do it if we got Ely aswell.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Sky on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:34 pm

komar wrote:
revgen wrote:Brevin Knight?

I think he's a good player, but we're already loaded at the PG position. Who's Matt Carroll?

PS- I thought Sky said that Bernie Bikerstaff doesn't want to deal with us anymore.

Sky knows Bickerstaff? Wow, could you ask him where he buys his suits. Man, that is awesome -- somebody on this board knows a GM and all of his thoughts.

I don't know Bickerstaff, but I do have a friend in media in Charlotte who told me that Bernie was very pissed with Jackson's comments re: Rush and looked upon that deal like he got taken.

In past trades that don't turn up as win-win those GMs can be reticent to deal again with the guy that burned them. Or you have a case like West where he develops a rep that can make it harder for him to deal.

With Jordan's arrival the dynamic changes. Now the Cats are more willing to spend to win and he has significant input. MJ had to sign off on Morrison. The NBA equivalent of final cut. Bickerstaff is no longer king of the hill as coach and GM with no other input. Jordan has a say, big one, and that changes things.

They tried dealing Knight to Toronto, Colangelo said no. Comes down to who else wants him. If the Lakers are it, Bickerstaff can't let the Rush deal get in the way. I didn't say Charlotte would refuse to deal with LA I said they'd be less inclined to do so if choosing among equal deals and more reluctant to talk to LA given the Rush deal. If the Lakers are the only team asking about Knight they can't go down that road. And with Jordan around Bernie can't go down that road either.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Sky on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:37 pm

Flatlyner - If Ely is not included they still have the BAE to use to get a backup big. Deal doesn't happen in a vacuum.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby gng930 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:49 pm

Sky wrote:Flatlyner - If Ely is not included they still have the BAE to use to get a backup big. Deal doesn't happen in a vacuum.

It's not a matter of having insurance, it's just that I think we taken with this trade. Big for small and young for old. Throw in Ely and Smush, take out Carroll and I think it's a VERY fair deal.

Knight > Smush, but Mihm + Cook > Ely
gng930

Postby Sky on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:56 pm

The Lakers probably want Carroll, you may not have heard of him but dude can shoot. In April he shot 57% from 3, no joke. 19-33. Can also board well.

I'd do Mihm, Cook, McKie and Sasha/Smush or their 2007 #2 back for Ely, Knight and Carroll.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Frank The Tank on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:01 am

The Cats including Ely in the deal isnt realistic is it?
Frank The Tank

Postby Sky on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:25 am

imo no, but someone says they heard Ely in the rumor on Sirius.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby jBL on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:25 am

I'd try hesistate many times before making a deal. It sounds like a good deal, but on the other hand, it sounds like a bad deal.
jBL

Postby KobeWanKenobi on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:31 am

Sky wrote:imo no, but someone says they heard Ely in the rumor on Sirius.

Here's the two someones who heard it on Sirius

Witness Number 1

JShow34 wrote:I heard on Sirius Radio that the Lakers and Bobcats are talking about swapping players. The Lakers would be sending Chris Mihm and Brian Cook in exchange for pass first guard Brevin Knight and Matt Carroll.

I would love the deal. Knight is become less and less a part of Charlotte because of emerging star Raymond Felton. Knight not only is a top defensive player in the league, he is one of the best assist men. Matt Carroll is a 6'5 guard who is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league. All 4 playesr will be in the final year of their contracts.

Witness Number 2

PurpleNGold1 wrote:mihm+cook+mckey for knight/ely/carroll is what i heard on sirius also
KobeWanKenobi

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:41 am

there is a snowballs chance in hell Phil would want Brevin Knight

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby jBL on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:48 am

KB8@CL wrote:there is a snowballs chance in hell Phil would want Brevin Knight

Even if it was Felton, I can see Phil not wanting him. Just give us Gerald Wallace
jBL

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:53 am

I mean this is a great deal

mihm+cook+mckey for knight/ely/carroll is what i heard on sirius also

if really through. we get exactly what we need. another shooter,a bigman and a starting PG. I just have a tough time to imagine how Phil would want Brevin Knight :mhihi:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Wino on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:14 am

You know, I just can't get into this trade.
Brevin is a horrible shooter with a career FG average of 41%!!!!
It's great to be a great passer but it is much better when you are actually a threat to shoot yourself.

The guy is 5'10", pretty short in Phils scheme. On top of that, he has been in the league since 97, small frame, not sure how many miles he has left.

Matt Carral is a career 40% FG shooter.

Forget it, I hate this trade. Mihm has talent, he is a good player, we need quality in return and this is not enough quality.
The mustard's off the hotdog!!
Wino

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 am

Helljumper wrote:I thought the Bobcats are kind of mad at us because they didn't like Rush. Anyways, I don't think Kobe likes Knight. Phil doesn't like his height. There are better people out there that we could trade for.

What makes you think Kobe doesnt like Knight? I rember both of them going at each other in a competive way in a couple of games. Kobe even rubbed Knight's head like he was his buddy. I thought they both had mutual resepct for each other cause they give it their all every night..
MarkMadsen

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:14 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:
Helljumper wrote:I thought the Bobcats are kind of mad at us because they didn't like Rush. Anyways, I don't think Kobe likes Knight. Phil doesn't like his height. There are better people out there that we could trade for.

What makes you think Kobe doesnt like Knight? I rember both of them going at each other in a competive way in a couple of games. Kobe even rubbed Knight's head like he was his buddy. I thought they both had mutual resepct for each other cause they give it their all every night..

I agree. Guys always get into battles competitively, that doesn't mean they dislike each other. I've seen a game or two with Kobe and Brevin going at it, nearly fighting, but I've also seen them showing respect for each other. No big deal to me, nothing between them has looked worthy of holding a grudge or anything. Kobe and Brevin have mutual respect and understanding of each other, I'm almost 100% positive.

I think B. Knight would be a good fit for this team. Better than Marcus Banks.
Lakeshow24

Postby wavy on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:01 am

revgen wrote:Brevin Knight?

I think he's a good player, but we're already loaded at the PG position. Who's Matt Carroll?

yeah the lakers have aa habit of overloading positions just like we had a milion SF a couple of years back. anyways i don't think brevin would be a good fit here. didn't he have an argument with kobe?
wavy

Postby diehard on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:04 pm

I live in Charlotte and can tell you that BK is one of the more underappreciated players in the league. He is a fiesty competitor just like Kobe which is why they have bumped heads in the past and is a true floor general. He would be a great pickup to play 25-30 minutes a game. Also, Carroll is a solid scorer and ranks second to only Kobe in total points in Philadelphia HS basketball history. The guy can fill it up and would be solid coming off of the bench to spell Kobe or benefiting from Kobe double-teams.
diehard

Postby Dizzmal on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:16 pm

I would send Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Devean George for Brevin Knight and Melvin Ely.
Dizzmal

Postby vaylen on Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:05 pm

The Bobcats can have anyone except Kobe, Odom or Bynum if it gets the Lakers Gerald Wallace. Now HE'S a guy willing to do all the little things to help you win... rebound, block, play defense, and he can score when called upon. I don't think BK is much of an upgrade over Smush when you factor in his defense and injury problems.
vaylen

Postby koshaq3 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:41 am

Well if we are loaded at the pg position, why have they, the lakers said they are looking to pick up a veteran pg?
koshaq3

Postby Flatlyner on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:03 am

Because none of our PG's are very good... :mhihi: :mhihi:
Flatlyner

Postby JShow34 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:53 pm

Wanna do this deal now?
JShow34

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors