Lakers eye kidd?

Lakers eye kidd?

Postby LBcodeman on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:07 pm

Cavs, Lakers Eye Kidd?
Feb 12 - One local report yesterday suggested the Nets and Lakers are mulling a deal that would send Jason Kidd to L.A. in exchange for a package of young players. But Kidd's name coming up in talks between the teams doesn't mean anything is imminent. Like (Vince) Carter, Kidd's name is often mentioned in talks because he's a player teams would love to have.

Thorn is sticking to his promise that he wouldn't give up Kidd or Carter unless he's rewarded with players who can improve the Nets.

"Those guys are really good players," Thorn said. "If something comes up that really makes sense then you'd do it. But I've never said that I wouldn't trade anybody if something came up that made sense." -- New York Daily News

Sunday's report ...

# According to the source that provided the original, juicy news, the (Jason) Kidd conversation only briefly was deactivated. The way I hear it, Nets management is seriously considering accepting the offer.

The bidding isn't limited to L.A. I have it on excellent authority the Cavaliers - desperate to relieve LeBron James of his playmaking-for-others-and-himself obligation, and transform him into an open court, post-up receiver - called the Nets to voice their fondness for Kidd.

"I don't look for that to happen," said someone in the know. "Given the choice between playing in Cleveland with LeBron or in Los Angeles with Kobe (Bryant), I suspect we know which way Kidd would lean. You definitely don't want an unhappy impact player."

Obviously, if Kidd goes, Vince Carter must be dispatched, too. -- New York Post
LBcodeman

Re: Lakers eye kidd?

Postby Luigi10 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 pm

LBcodeman wrote:Cavs, Lakers Eye Kidd?
Feb 12 - One local report yesterday suggested the Nets and Lakers are mulling a deal that would send Jason Kidd to L.A. in exchange for a package of young players. But Kidd's name coming up in talks between the teams doesn't mean anything is imminent. Like (Vince) Carter, Kidd's name is often mentioned in talks because he's a player teams would love to have.

Thorn is sticking to his promise that he wouldn't give up Kidd or Carter unless he's rewarded with players who can improve the Nets.

"Those guys are really good players," Thorn said. "If something comes up that really makes sense then you'd do it. But I've never said that I wouldn't trade anybody if something came up that made sense." -- New York Daily News

Sunday's report ...

# According to the source that provided the original, juicy news, the (Jason) Kidd conversation only briefly was deactivated. The way I hear it, Nets management is seriously considering accepting the offer.

The bidding isn't limited to L.A. I have it on excellent authority the Cavaliers - desperate to relieve LeBron James of his playmaking-for-others-and-himself obligation, and transform him into an open court, post-up receiver - called the Nets to voice their fondness for Kidd.

"I don't look for that to happen," said someone in the know. "Given the choice between playing in Cleveland with LeBron or in Los Angeles with Kobe (Bryant), I suspect we know which way Kidd would lean. You definitely don't want an unhappy impact player."

Obviously, if Kidd goes, Vince Carter must be dispatched, too. -- New York Post

:mhihi: Thats right baby...if I read that right...Kidd would say playing w/ KOBE>LEBRON

But isnt there already a 30+ page thread already dedicated to JKidd to the Lakes already?
Luigi10

Postby dj vitus on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:13 pm

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Satan on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Wow, this is completely new information to me.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby thepurpleandgold on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:54 pm

thepurpleandgold

Postby dj vitus on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:23 am

thepurpleandgold wrote:

That's about half our front-court. Wise idea. :man3:

That's where Jason Collins comes into play :man1:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=987~429~687~981~1998~549~1823~1016&teams=13~13~17~17~2~2~17~17
hmm.. still doesn't look right for some reason... :man5:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JJigga3000 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:11 pm

You people are silly with these trade talks. The idea of trades are as follows.
1. To make your team better or potent.
2. To get someting for a player.
3. To get cap relief, so you trade for expiring contracts. This is usually for a team that has no chance of making it to the Playoffs.

The Lakers don't fit into 2 or 3. So the trades that you people have come up with are completely ludacris.
JJigga3000

Re: Lakers eye kidd?

Postby High IQ on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:49 pm

LBcodeman wrote:Cavs, Lakers Eye Kidd?

is he serious?
High IQ

Postby EQualizer on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:40 pm

LA would be in cap space hell
EQualizer

Postby jhaze323 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:15 am

IF WE DONT GET HIM, WE CAN KISS PHIL AND A FUTURE RING GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!
jhaze323

Postby kobeskater9 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:27 am

Please get Kidd!!!! Mitch.
kobeskater9

Location: Hangin with Smart Alex drooling over megan fox pics

Postby DaLakeRsHOW on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 pm

we need Kidd because when playoff time comes parker is going to choke and we need an experienced point guard
DaLakeRsHOW

Return to Sourced Rumors