Lakers interested in Antonio Daniels

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:45 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Abeer, unless there's an extra wrinkle in the scenario you're discussing, that's precisely what the exceptions are designed for. The MLE and LLE can be used by every team, regardless of their cap situation. The MLE is usable every year, the LLE not in consecutive seasons. At least I'm pretty sure of those facts.

No if you are under the cap you don´t have the LLE and MLE. If you require them they are counted as salary cap. I thought you can first sign your FAs then use the MLE but thats impossible. Once you have the MLE its added to your cap no matter if you sign players or not.
Abeer cleard this up :bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby flexxdzl on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 pm

That is phils guy!!! AD
flexxdzl

Postby trodgers on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:37 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:Abeer, unless there's an extra wrinkle in the scenario you're discussing, that's precisely what the exceptions are designed for. The MLE and LLE can be used by every team, regardless of their cap situation. The MLE is usable every year, the LLE not in consecutive seasons. At least I'm pretty sure of those facts.

No if you are under the cap you don´t have the LLE and MLE. If you require them they are counted as salary cap. I thought you can first sign your FAs then use the MLE but thats impossible. Once you have the MLE its added to your cap no matter if you sign players or not.

I saw. My apologies :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:38 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I saw. My apologies :man10:

Ish happens :jam2: :bow:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby they_perch on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:57 am

KB8@CL wrote:
they_perch wrote:i still say sign marco. he's a lot younger than antonio daniels, and he could come cheaper. we could probably split the bulk of the mle on marco jaric, and then use the remainder to sign steven hunter, hunter brings a good shotblocker w/ potential. he's athletic and will come over for some decent money and playtime. he played some solid defense on tim duncan in the WCF.
A lot younger? Smoked too much :man1: He is less than 2 years younger. Daniels is 5 times the defender Jaric is. Jaric is hands down a bigger choker than Wabber. He always makes the wrong desicion with the game on the brink. He can´t stay out of injury and he is UNLIKE Daniels TO prone. Daniels BARELY gets 1 TO and has a league best assist/TO ratio so don´t tell me Marco is ANYTHING close to Jaric.
Hunter and Jaric for MLE is beyond pipe anyway :man8:

or maybe daniels was born in march of 1975, and jaric was born in october of 1978, so i think that makes him 4 years younger as of now, 3 in october. jaric is much better at getting in passing lanes and picking up steals and running in the open court. but daniels is better as a man on man defender.

i just think marko is more attainable for mle. and hunter wont command anything more than probably 1.5 million a season TOPS. im sure guaranteed playingtime, and a decent contract offer could lure him over. he wont get that playtime in pheonix.
they_perch

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:47 am

I find it hard to believe that Steven Hunter is only 240 pounds. Also, his defensive numbers from 82games are really impressive. I haven't seen him play too much but I've heard a lot of good things about him. While I agree that he's not going to get much PT at Phoenix, he seems like the sort of guy who would benefit them greatly as a backup and just in case one of their bigs get hurt. He's never played more than 30 minutes in a game but has bests of 17 pts and 10 boards. Plus, dude shot 61% from the floor this season.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:28 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:I find it hard to believe that Steven Hunter is only 240 pounds. Also, his defensive numbers from 82games are really impressive. I haven't seen him play too much but I've heard a lot of good things about him. While I agree that he's not going to get much PT at Phoenix, he seems like the sort of guy who would benefit them greatly as a backup and just in case one of their bigs get hurt. He's never played more than 30 minutes in a game but has bests of 17 pts and 10 boards. Plus, dude shot 61% from the floor this season.

His numbers for 48 minutes are REALLY impressive but he can´t play any defense. He is a great shot blocker but his defense is awefull. Remember Orlando 2 years ago when they had the worst D in the league with Hunter starting? ANd last year Phoenix had the worst defense in the league. Hunter is to thin to be anything close to an inside presence. He is a guy who can excel next so a Brand or Duncan that have the body to rape penetration PGs. Hunter then could shine and swat some shots and this stuff but for us (assuming no big man comes) he wouldn´t change anything.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby they_perch on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:59 pm

i dont think hunter is at all a starting center. but i'd play him at backup center over slava, cook, and grant any day. hunter and grant off the bench wouldnt be bad at all. its an upgrade over cook regardless.

mihm/hunter
diogu/grant
odom/caron
kobe/caron
FA PG/sasha/salim

thats a pretty solid team, grant will be able to contribute more at pf than center. and we can still move caron and our other trade bait.
they_perch

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 pm

they_perch wrote:i dont think hunter is at all a starting center. but i'd play him at backup center over slava, cook, and grant any day. hunter and grant off the bench wouldnt be bad at all. its an upgrade over cook regardless.

mihm/hunter
diogu/grant
odom/caron
kobe/caron
FA PG/sasha/salim

thats a pretty solid team, grant will be able to contribute more at pf than center. and we can still move caron and our other trade bait.

He has already said he wants to stay in Phoenix. Why would he leave a contender for a team fighting for playoffs?

KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:11 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:I find it hard to believe that Steven Hunter is only 240 pounds. Also, his defensive numbers from 82games are really impressive. I haven't seen him play too much but I've heard a lot of good things about him. While I agree that he's not going to get much PT at Phoenix, he seems like the sort of guy who would benefit them greatly as a backup and just in case one of their bigs get hurt. He's never played more than 30 minutes in a game but has bests of 17 pts and 10 boards. Plus, dude shot 61% from the floor this season.

His numbers for 48 minutes are REALLY impressive but he can´t play any defense. He is a great shot blocker but his defense is awefull. Remember Orlando 2 years ago when they had the worst D in the league with Hunter starting? ANd last year Phoenix had the worst defense in the league. Hunter is to thin to be anything close to an inside presence. He is a guy who can excel next so a Brand or Duncan that have the body to rape penetration PGs. Hunter then could shine and swat some shots and this stuff but for us (assuming no big man comes) he wouldn´t change anything.

I don't want to call you out but Hunter has never started more than 23 games in a season and never averaged more than 13.8 minutes per game so I'm not sure how much of the bad D could be his fault.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:16 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I don't want to call you out but Hunter has never started more than 23 games in a season and never averaged more than 13.8 minutes per game so I'm not sure how much of the bad D could be his fault.

You don´t get my point?
IF they were really so bad defensively why didn´t Hunter play more minutes? Thats the point. He was starting in Orlando and he played so awefull that he was traded and waived by Cleveland. Cleveland rather plays trailer than Hunter. isn´t that suspect? They are awefull defensively. I want to say that if Hunter could play D he would have been some how a target but he isn´t. He played in orlando with DeClarqe? or what ever his name is and couldn´t be a clear number 1 so thats suspect to me that he can´t be a starter for more than 15 minutes with such a weak competition in Orlando.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:22 pm

KB8, I gotcha. No, that point didn't come across in what you posted. My apologies. But wouldn't you rather see him coming in to relieve Mihm than Slava?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:28 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:KB8, I gotcha. No, that point didn't come across in what you posted. My apologies. But wouldn't you rather see him coming in to relieve Mihm than Slava?

Sure bro. Hunter is a young guy, I think 23 and he has great athletism and is one of the best shot blockers in the league. He is 20 times better than Slava, Cook, and Grant together.
My first post was a bit missleading. Sorry that I didn´t mention the point that Hunter didn´t play while they were horrible defensively and that means he isn´t the solution for their defensive struggles.
I should have mentioned that to avoid the missconception but now its done. I want Hunter too and I hope we can get Kwame or Anderson or Hunter. Kwame has some offense too but he will get more than the MLE. Anderson and Hunter are possible targets (hopefully Mitch is exploring ALL the options)

KB24
Site Admin

Postby they_perch on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:41 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
they_perch wrote:i dont think hunter is at all a starting center. but i'd play him at backup center over slava, cook, and grant any day. hunter and grant off the bench wouldnt be bad at all. its an upgrade over cook regardless.

mihm/hunter
diogu/grant
odom/caron
kobe/caron
FA PG/sasha/salim

He has already said he wants to stay in Phoenix. Why would he leave a contender for a team fighting for playoffs?

because he wants to get some playing time. w/ the lakers he could easily get 20 mpg. he's better than any bench players that we have right now in the frontcourt. if you have grants size and toughness off the bench w/ his shotblocking thats a decent backup frontcourt.

of course players like kwame, chris anderson, and others are much more appealing. but we could probably pickup hunter for around 1.5 million dollars a year because we could offer him playing time.

if you watched the playoffs. hunter played some decent defense on tim duncan. he's no starter. but he'd be a good backup center for the a cheaper price than others.
they_perch

Postby Dime Dropper on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:09 pm

I think the idea of landing Steven Hunter is interesting, but we don't need to waste time on attracting the small pieces to this team, rather a player that would actually have a more than decent impact next season. I don't think Mihm fits the stature well enough. He needs to go, and after we find a solid starting center, then we can think about signing Hunter for the MLE.

As for draft night, we need to pick up either a point guard of a power forward, there's no denying that. If Felton slips down to 10, take him, no question. Someone's gonna slip down, but if not, we can look at Channing Frye, or Villanueva.
Dime Dropper

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:22 pm

Dime Dropper, I'm pretty sure that Mihm will be the starting center next season. Phil seems excited about having a bunch of quick guys at their spots (and Mihm can run for a big guy). I think he could be a very good fit for Phil's plans...but perhaps this is your concern (it is mine): Mihm can't play a ton of minutes, either because of fouls of mental weakness. We need a good backup C. Thankfull, we can get one easily. There are plenty out there. Vlade, Mourning, Dale Davis, Mutombo, for instance, are all veterans who would work great at spelling Mihm. Then there are the lower price tag, younger, more athletic guys like Hunter.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:51 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Dime Dropper, I'm pretty sure that Mihm will be the starting center next season. Phil seems excited about having a bunch of quick guys at their spots (and Mihm can run for a big guy). I think he could be a very good fit for Phil's plans...but perhaps this is your concern (it is mine): Mihm can't play a ton of minutes, either because of fouls of mental weakness. We need a good backup C. Thankfull, we can get one easily. There are plenty out there. Vlade, Mourning, Dale Davis, Mutombo, for instance, are all veterans who would work great at spelling Mihm. Then there are the lower price tag, younger, more athletic guys like Hunter.

:bow:

Good post. I agree. Having a better vet to help mihm other then Bgrant would be HUGE for him.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Sirron on Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:28 pm

Tractor Traylor was released today. I wonder if he might be a fit as a high energy sub. he's bot some bulk to him.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:29 pm

yea Robert Traylor sure has some "bulk" to him.... thats why hes called "tractor..." :man10:

He can actually move pretty well for being a big guy thou.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:39 am

DMK wrote:yea Robert Traylor sure has some "bulk" to him.... thats why hes called "tractor..." :man10:

JUST SAY NO to Traylor. Guy is Oliver Miller like.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Okki on Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:35 am

KB8@CL wrote:
DMK wrote:yea Robert Traylor sure has some "bulk" to him.... thats why hes called "tractor..." :man10:

hahah he can shoot for a big man...

NOT!
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby High IQ on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:03 am

tractor to LA :man10: :man10:
High IQ

Postby High IQ on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:19 am

Image :man10: :man10:
High IQ

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:22 am

High IQ wrote:Image :man10: :man10:
:man10: :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:24 am

Okki wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

hahah he can shoot for a big man...

NOT!

Ya Lumpia (Brian Cook) and White Flag (Frankendenko) can shoot too :hurl: :hurl:

KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors