Lakers interested in Antonio Daniels

Postby sunhills on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:27 pm

AGREE WITH PLENTY OF YOU;

ANTONIO DANIELS AND STEVEN HUNTER WOULD BE NICE PICKUPS FOR LA....
sunhills

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:59 pm

ADaniels..is the perfect point.. but wouldn't you want to play hunter at the PF spot????
flexxdzl

Postby Dime Dropper on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Dime Dropper, I'm pretty sure that Mihm will be the starting center next season. Phil seems excited about having a bunch of quick guys at their spots (and Mihm can run for a big guy). I think he could be a very good fit for Phil's plans...but perhaps this is your concern (it is mine): Mihm can't play a ton of minutes, either because of fouls of mental weakness. We need a good backup C. Thankfull, we can get one easily. There are plenty out there. Vlade, Mourning, Dale Davis, Mutombo, for instance, are all veterans who would work great at spelling Mihm. Then there are the lower price tag, younger, more athletic guys like Hunter.

My point exactly, we look at Mihm last season, a lot of expectations, but more fouls and he didn't and couldn't produce as much as needed. Put someone like Dale Davis along with Mihm and I'd feel a lot more secure.
Dime Dropper

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:07 pm

High IQ wrote:Image :man10: :man10:
:man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Tractor

Postby LOUIE04 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:25 pm

No no tractor have any of u guys seen how much hes asking for i think hes asking for like a $10 mill deal!! that is not cool at all!!! :man7:
LOUIE04

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:07 am

Smallz wrote:at least we know mitch is on the right track.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby GuRu on Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:03 am

I prefer watson, but id be ecstatic with adding him
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Okki on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:10 am

Tractor extended his contract 2 day with the cavs
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby Lakerfan-4-Life on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:13 am

Okki wrote:Tractor extended his contract 2 day with the cavs

Wow how much is he making? How many years is the contract?
Lakerfan-4-Life

Postby silversyphon41 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:50 am

KB8@CL wrote:
DMK wrote:yea Robert Traylor sure has some "bulk" to him.... thats why hes called "tractor..." :man10:

He can actually move pretty well for being a big guy thou.

JUST SAY NO to Traylor. Guy is Oliver Miller like.

Traylor better not be on LA next season! He's a slow, overweight PG who can only bully small PGs around in the paint. He is a waste of money.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:12 am

silversyphon41 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
DMK wrote:yea Robert Traylor sure has some "bulk" to him.... thats why hes called "tractor..." :man10:

He can actually move pretty well for being a big guy thou.

JUST SAY NO to Traylor. Guy is Oliver Miller like.

Traylor better not be on LA next season! He's a slow, overweight PG who can only bully small PGs around in the paint. He is a waste of money.

I'd love to see any PG try to stand his ground against Traylor in the paint. He's a PF...but I imagine you knew that and merely mistyped.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Sirron on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:20 am

I'd love to see any PG try to stand his ground against Traylor in the paint. He's a PF...but I imagine you knew that and merely mistyped.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby YaoMing on Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:51 pm

Back to AD... he'd be a great player for the Lakers... I live here in Seattle so I've seen him the last 3 years as a Trail Blazer and SuperSonic, and he's a good scorer, but also can distribute. On defense, he's an intense defender who rarely loses his man. But the best thing about him is that he's a leader. He was one of the leaders of the Northwest Division Champs this year...
YaoMing

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:31 pm

welcome bro :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LAKER FAN 4 LIFE on Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:51 pm

[quote="Okki"][quote="they_perch"]i still say sign marco. he's a lot younger than antonio daniels, and he could come cheaper. we could probably split the bulk of the mle on marco jaric, and then use the remainder to sign steven hunter, hunter brings a good shotblocker w/ potential. he's athletic and will come over for some decent money and playtime. he played some solid defense on tim duncan in the WCF.[/quote]

GOOD POINT![/quote]

Marco Jaric sucks. Antonio Daniels would fit really good w/ the lakers because he's a good defender and can get you 12 pts a night every night so I would sign Daniels and also get rid of Brian Grant and Vlade Divac to make room and sign a good PG like i dont know........................... Gary Payton perhaps?
LAKER FAN 4 LIFE

Postby magicman32 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:50 pm

getting AD would be great, but I think its a little far-fetched. Even Watson is unrealistic because they can both get more money elsewhere. I think we will end up with someone like Tyronn Lue.
magicman32

Postby DR GHOO on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:26 pm

I sure hope we don't end up with Lue. Mitch should bend over backwards to get Daniels. I definitely think we have the possibilty to get him. Especially getting rid of the Marlboro man and Reefer Madness and maybe being able to trade Chucky & either Jumaine, Slava or puppycrap. Trade them for bench utility player(s) who will help the second unit. I'd rather Doc Buss pay luxury tax on a great free agent than Reefer madness. I just don't think Lue will fit this team or the triangle again. He's undersized and doesn't have a consistent shot. Daniels would be perfect for us. D Marshall would be fantastic but I think he'll be offered a better deal somewhere else. And it's a wait and see if Theo becomes available. :bang:
DR GHOO

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:30 pm

Who's Reefer Madness?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DR GHOO on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:49 pm

Oh I mean B Grant!
DR GHOO

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:00 am

who here HONESTLY THINKS ANTONIO DANIELS IS STARTER MATERIAL??? because i dont
PurpleNGold1

Postby BrianCook_The_Laker on Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:50 am

[url=http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~29583~2948202,00.html]Lakers tab Daniels
Seattle's free agent guard has several suitors[/url]
By Ross Siler, Staff Writer

On the first day of the NBA's free-agent negotiation period, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak reached out Friday to Seattle SuperSonics guard Antonio Daniels.

Agent Tony Dutt said the Lakers were one of 11 teams that called about possibly signing Daniels and likely would be among the three or four teams that turn out to be Daniels' finalists.

"He thinks it's a good situation," Dutt said. "Obviously, they've made some changes the last couple of years. I think everybody agrees that's a team that's going to win every season. They've had their struggles but always find a way to right the ship, so to speak.'

The front-runner to sign Daniels, 30, appears to be the Cleveland Cavaliers, who could have as much as $28 million to spend on free agents and are looking to replace Jeff McInnis. Daniels grew up in Columbus, Ohio, and played at Bowling Green.

With the Lakers over the salary cap for next season, the best they can offer Daniels would be the standard mid-level exception ($4.9 million last season) available to all 30 NBA teams. Their biggest possible deal would be for five years and about $30.5 million.

[More in URL]
BrianCook_The_Laker

Postby Antonio on Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:40 am

I think AD is a good player, who ranked #2 in Assist per Turnovers last season, and being 6-4 i think he'll fit well in the triangle. I like him. But i dont know if he's worth the mid-level exception. If we can sign both Theo (mid) and another PG (Rose?) with the minimum then i'm down with it. But i like Daniels, def.
Antonio

Postby Sirron on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:43 am

Saturday, July 2, 2005

Daniels first target for rebuilding Lakers

By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

Antonio Daniels, someone the Lakers and Coach Phil Jackson envision as a more athletic version of guards Ron Harper and Brian Shaw from past years, has been identified as a primary focus of the club's free-agent search.

It's unclear whether Daniels, 30, will reciprocate that interest in the end, though. Daniels might wind up with a more lucrative offer from the Cleveland Cavaliers, who unlike the Lakers have abundant salary-cap space. He also has suggested he might re-sign with the Seattle SuperSonics.

Daniels isn't a great shooter, but is an outstanding defender. Even at 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, he has the quickness to stay with smaller point guards, a longstanding problem for the Lakers. Daniels, part of San Antonio's 1999 NBA championship team, finished second in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio last season and averaged 11.2 points and 4.1 assists.

Daniels made $2.2million last season and was due another $2.2million for another season, but he just opted out of his contract. At the least, Daniels should receive some team's full mid-level salary-cap exception worth around $5 million - which is what the Lakers have to offer.

I agree I'd like to see who else is available before signing, but I do like Daniels and think he'd be a nice complimentary player.
Last edited by Sirron on Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:03 am

:jam2: He IS the greatest FA PG we have a shot at and he is the most perfect fit for the triangle beside his mediocre shooting.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:42 am

PurpleNGold1 wrote:who here HONESTLY THINKS ANTONIO DANIELS IS STARTER MATERIAL??? because i dont

I do. He played 27 minutes per game, started at the end of the playoffs, and outplayed Tony Parker in their series. He is a massive upgrade over Chucky Atkins.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors