Lakers/Kobe Interested in NATE ROBINSON?

Re: Lakers/Kobe Interested in NATE ROBINSON?

Postby hellangel on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm

last stand wrote:if mitch decides nate is a better fit than farmar then we make the deal if not we don't simple as that

i trust mitch and phil

trust me, the new york media are obnoxious and notorious with endless and groundless rumors any given year. this "newsday" is unfortunately, one of them
hellangel

Postby GoatMilk16 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:17 pm

nate would be great

and dont bring up his size. it hasnt affected him at all his NBA career.
read the article again, he lit us up for 33
GoatMilk16

Postby Venomenon on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Magics80sLakersGOAT wrote:If we want cheap instant offense, I like Eddie House, he'd be cheap, and he is always hitting clutch shots, lighting it up off the bench wherever he's been.

no way. i [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] hate eddie house
Venomenon

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm a little torn because I'm a Bruin and I like Farmar's game. I root for the guy. But he's definitely had his issues on the Lakers. Number one seems to be his health and stamina. I think in that regard Nate has the upper hand. Guy is built like a freakin' tank. I'm still not convinced Farmar can be an every day type NBA player physically. They both have issues on the mental and ego side of things. In that regard Nate's not an upgrade. Decision making is suspect with both. Nate's quicker. I like Jordan's outside shot when it's on, but he can really slump, too. I'm with Mitch and Phil on this one. Whatever they decide sounds cool.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Samarian on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 pm

So we trade Morrison and Farmar for Nate... I'm pretty sure if it doesn't work out with Nate on the Lakers he would be a lot easier to trade than it is to trade Morrison and Farmar, no?
Can't stop, Won't stop chingy and dem gunnaz cause we, we get down baby we get down, girls them girls they love us.
Samarian

Postby jBL on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Can anyone fill me in....has Nate been offered a qualifying offer yet? Cause if not, NY has till tomorrow to offer it and if they choose not to, Nate becomes a UFA. Also does anybody have info on Lee, cause he's in the same boat.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60017/20090624/knicks_extend_qualifying_offers_to_lee_nate/

We would wait for Lee to sign an offer sheet with a team and then we can offer Nate a long-term MLE contract. Knicks will end up have to give up one or both.
jBL

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:18 pm

kwembinekwek wrote:
Magics80sLakersGOAT wrote:If we want cheap instant offense, I like Eddie House, he'd be cheap, and he is always hitting clutch shots, lighting it up off the bench wherever he's been.

no way. i [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] hate eddie house with a deep, deep passion.

fixed it for you
GoldHammish

Postby Mr. Chicken on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:34 pm

This is just a BS article... how the **** are we gonna' sign him? The article is basing this all off something from a Lakers/Knicks game and what Kobe and Buss said.

BS article just trying to get some hits.
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:44 pm

If nate were only 6-6 or 6-7, played the point guard position as a pass first, then he would be virtually unstoppable in this league.
LAKEROC

Postby Venti Quattro on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm

S&T Farmar and Morrison for Robinson.

Sign Kidd with the MLE.

Resign Ariza and Odom.

Sign BIG for veteran's minimum.

Kidd/Fisher/Robinson
Bryant/Vujacic
Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga OR Elonu
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Larry14r on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:S&T Farmar and Morrison for Robinson.

Sign Kidd with the MLE.

Resign Ariza and Odom.

Sign BIG for veteran's minimum.

Kidd/Fisher/Robinson
Bryant/Vujacic
Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga OR Elonu

Nah I rather get Brown back because he will be more cheap than Kidd, and we need the money for for Ariza and Odom anyways.
Larry14r

Postby DMK on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Hes a pretty decent scorer considering his lack of height. has had some pretty big games and shots, couldnt be worse then what we got from our bench guards (sans Shannon Brown) in the playoffs could it?

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby jjin28 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Id much rather have shannon brown who plays pretty good defense, and makes the occasional 3's when needed.
Nate is really exciting and would make for a fun watch, but that guy is a streaky scorer who cannot play d.
We don't really need the offense. so whats the point? Go for the cheaper option. And he would be a backup pg. I wouldn't want to spend our limited valuable resources on a backup pg. Only for a starting pg.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby TT24 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

As much as I love Nate, I rather him not on the Lakers. Nate isn't a PG and that's what this team needs for the future. HE is a VERY undersized SG.
TT24

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

People saying Nate is so much better than Jordy really haven't watched NY play. If Jordy played in a system where he could chuck up shots at will without even remotely being worried about being pulled from the game he would put up the same if not better numbers. Nate is exciting and plays with a lot of energy and no fear BUT his decission making is worse than Devean Goerges. He plays completely off of emmotion which means he can get out of wack and screw up the team on the court. Jordy may not have had the best season but atleast take into cosideration the teams they play for, the stakes, their status on the team and the system they play under.

When will Laker fans learn that you can not plug and play players just because of what they do on another team?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors