Lakers/Kobe Interested in NATE ROBINSON?

Lakers/Kobe Interested in NATE ROBINSON?

Postby Bones on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:36 am

Robinson won’t command nearly as much in salary, but his popularity as an electrifying 5-9 guard and two-time Slam Dunk champion could be valuable as an attraction in some small markets. According to one league source, the Lakers inquired about Robinson’s availability after his 33-point performance at the Staples Center on Dec. 16. Kobe Bryant has expressed adoration for Robinson and owner Jerry Buss was said to be smitten after that game. The Sacramento Kings also were close to a deal for Robinson and Jeffries before the trade deadline and there are indications that the deal could still take place this summer.

LINK

I probably would assume it would probably include Farmer in whatever deal were to happen. Do you guys like Nate? Do you see him as a good fit for the lakers if the Lakers were to get him?
Bones

Re: Lakers/Kobe Interested in NATE ROBINSON?

Postby JamrockLakaFan on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 am

I dunno how I feel about this haven't really seen Nate play mainly just the slam dunk etc

Welcome to JamRock
Camp Weh Di Thugs Dem Camp at
2 Pound A Weed Inna Van Back :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

1 Good Thing About Music When It Hits U Feel no Pain
JamrockLakaFan

Postby chilake24 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 am

i don't remeber kobe said anything like that
chilake24

Postby nameant on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:29 am

Could be a nice piece off the bench. Instant energy/offense.
nameant

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:42 am

I believe we were interested in drafting him before..other than that I haven't heard in a renewal of interest. Just some agent's way of drumming up some interest I'm sure especially the source.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:44 am

I don't know anyone that Kobe has expressed "adoration" for except for his kids. I call BS.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 am

I believe i saw a threat about lakers interested in getting nate robinson before the trade deadline last season, but it didn't go thru. i might be mistake but im sure i saw something like this. the way he plays though is more of a shooting guard, but i woudn't mind trading farmar for nate, i'll take that deal anytime.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby ThizGuy83 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 am

nates a lil fiesty tough kid... he gets too emotional though at times... but if this is true and i really doubt it...but lets say it is... i wouldnt mind gettin him.... imagine that trio of guards... fisher brown and robinson....all tough minded guards!! and nate may be only 5'9 but hes pretty built
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby GNC on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 am

nate robinson would be a sick addition to the bench as a primary backup guard..

too bad he will run for a lot more $$ than a backup guard to kobe & fisher
GNC

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:43 am

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:I believe i saw a threat about lakers interested in getting nate robinson before the trade deadline last season, but it didn't go thru. i might be mistake but im sure i saw something like this. the way he plays though is more of a shooting guard, but i woudn't mind trading farmar for nate, i'll take that deal anytime.

It was reported at that time you said. I don't remember exactly who reported it, but I saw it too. May have been Peter Veczey but I am not sure.
SignPippenNow

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 am

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:I believe i saw a threat about lakers interested in getting nate robinson before the trade deadline last season, but it didn't go thru. i might be mistake but im sure i saw something like this. the way he plays though is more of a shooting guard, but i woudn't mind trading farmar for nate, i'll take that deal anytime.

I saw it as well. The Lakers liked his speed and I remember reading somewhere Phil said they would be interested in Robinson simply because the league has changed to a league featuring smaller, quicker guards.

My personal opinion is that the guy is a stud. However, I would like to see the Lakers acquire someone who is quick and tall, e.g., Rondo or possibly Hinrich.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby jBL on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 am

I think we can sign Nate if we offer a MLE long-term contract, a type of contract that would ruin Knicks' 2010 plan. I'm pretty sure other teams will do for David Lee, so I think we have some chances if we wanted him.

As for Rondo or Hinrich, you'd have to cough up good talents. They're not free or even close to being free. I wonder if Farmar and expiring contracts would do for Hinrich.
jBL

Postby Magics80sLakersGOAT on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:35 am

If we want cheap instant offense, I like Eddie House, he'd be cheap, and he is always hitting clutch shots, lighting it up off the bench wherever he's been.
Magics80sLakersGOAT

Postby escobar8 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 am

if we could get nate for mle...that would be great signing...
he is fast,can shoot 3,and finish at the rim..
he could lead our bench...plus...he could take some fisher min so he can get more rest...
escobar8

Postby live and die in LA on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 am

Sign and trade Nate for Farmar and Morrison? Thats the only way it would happen. Farmar and Morrison's expirings both fit in to the Knicks 2010 plan. We have a couple trade exceptions to throw in if necessary.
live and die in LA

Postby GNC on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 am

live and die in LA wrote:Sign and trade Nate for Farmar and Morrison? Thats the only way it would happen. Farmar and Morrison's expirings both fit in to the Knicks 2010 plan.

:jam2: highway robbery part deux
GNC

Postby jBL on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 am

live and die in LA wrote:Sign and trade Nate for Farmar and Morrison? Thats the only way it would happen. Farmar and Morrison's expirings both fit in to the Knicks 2010 plan. We have a couple trade exceptions to throw in if necessary.

Nate Robinson has QO. If Kupchak can convince Nate to sign to a long-term contract, Knicks has to choose whether to match the Lakers' offer. Same goes for David Lee, too. Will they ruin their 2010 plan? More to come on that.
jBL

Postby Center Court on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 am

I'd love Nate on this team.. Gives you a completely different look compared to Shannon and Fish. He'd be a great fit in the bench mob. Farmar and Ammo for Nate (s&t) PLEASE!

Bynum/Mbenga
Pau/Odom/Powell
Ariza/Walton
Kobe/Brown/Sasha
Fisher/Nate

you get two very different teams...you can run a very big strong starting 5 that can beat you every way imaginable and then a smaller bench who will out run and out pass you.
Center Court

Postby sugi942 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:30 am

I'm down with Nate, but you'd have to play a D'antoni style offense.
sugi942

Postby OgLaker101 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 am

^^ He'd be a perfect fit with our second unit. Nate over Farmar/Vujacic??? lol. I do like Shannon a lot though...
And when its all said and done, Kobe will be the greatest of all time.
OgLaker101

Postby The Rock on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:00 am

what do we have that the knicks want?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:08 am

Nate is a little bit to much of a me-me-me-me type of player, IMO. Let him go to a bum team and jack up shots with no thought.
bumrusherer

Postby LO7cK35 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:55 am

bumrusherer wrote:Nate is a little bit to much of a me-me-me-me type of player, IMO. Let him go to a bum team and jack up shots with no thought.

Thats exactly what he is with a sever attitude problem. He is the type of guy that would easily cause chemistry problems. Ive heard more than once about him starting fights with his own teamates. Also watch him on the court dude is always getting into something, his attitude is a main reason why the knicks have fallen out of love with him D'antoni has said it himself. I hope we pass on this one
LO7cK35

Postby killacam on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 am

LO7cK35 wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:Nate is a little bit to much of a me-me-me-me type of player, IMO. Let him go to a bum team and jack up shots with no thought.

Thats exactly what he is with a sever attitude problem. He is the type of guy that would easily cause chemistry problems. Ive heard more than once about him starting fights with his own teamates. Also watch him on the court dude is always getting into something, his attitude is a main reason why the knicks have fallen out of love with him D'antoni has said it himself. I hope we pass on this one

ive heard something like that too. although dantoni said something like "he feels he has to be more outspoken because of his size" which i can understand. at least he brings passion and energy to every game unlike most of our team

hes a good player. if we could get him for cheap then ya, id say its a good deal
killacam

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:16 am

I wouldn't go out of my way to get him. He's so small defensive match ups would be a nightmare they couldn't even use him against some teams.
BadCoaching

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors