Lakers Name Mentioned in Ben Wallace S&T

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:47 pm

Chivalry wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
gregoden wrote:imagine our frontcourt d! imagine kwame as the main man defender on the paint, guarding the better offensive post player of the opposing team, and imagine big ben as the help d, swatting those shots! wow! and imagine a kobe/banks backcourt, denying the perimeter, w/ odom denying the entry pass down low w/ his length. that would be the scariest defensive starting lineup in nba history! kobe and lamar can do all the scoring and we still win because of our lockdown d!

too bad it has a better chance of just being a dream :man5:

Harper
MJ
Pippen
Rodman
Horace Grant...

you must have a pretty short memory :mhihi:

You mean Rodman/Grant, right? These guys played during different Chicago 3-peats.

thats right. Horace Grant played the first and Rodman the second but what I say is that Chicago always had at least 3 great defenders in their lineup.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:25 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Ben Wallace got burned by Shaq and gets burned on a regular basis by the better C´s in the game. I remember reading that they had allowed the most layups in the entire NBA (11+ per game). Ben Wallace is a great weak side shot blocker, rebounder and hustler but he ain´t really worth a lot of mios. I wouldn´t want to give him more than 7-8 mio. a year specially since he is not the youngest player and probably the ugliest player in the NBA.

yes we need shot blocking and a banger for the PF position but Kwame and Wallace on the same team doesn´t sound like great fit IMO.

He just needs a good coach to teach him how to defend better. He's intelligent and athletic enough to be great with the right coaching. All the Detroit dudes learned nothing from Flip this year, except that he sucks in the Playoffs....
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby LakerBaker on Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:35 am

I would trade Brown + Mihm + Cook OR the 26th pick for Wallace and Delfino

Wallace, Bynum
Odom, Turiaf, (Cook OR 26th pick)
Walton/Delfino
Bryant, Sasha, (Profit OR Rush)
MLE (Banks?), Parker
LakerBaker

Postby crucifido on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:40 pm

No LO or Bynum and I'd love to see it happen.

Chances are next to nothing it would, but it's fun to dream.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby KAMILLION on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am

I would love to have Wallace, that is if we didn't have to give up Kobe, Odom or Brown. You will hear the words redundant when Wallace and Brown are mentioned playing together but Wallace at the four and Brown at the 5 would be pretty formidable. Your perimeter defense improves drasically when you have inside presence like that. The one thing I would worry about is where the offense is going to come from. However, if we hold the opponents under 80 Kobe can just score 81 and we will be O.K.
KAMILLION

Postby Flatlyner on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:30 pm

LakerBaker wrote:I would trade Brown + Mihm + Cook OR the 26th pick for Wallace and Delfino

Wallace, Bynum
Odom, Turiaf, (Cook OR 26th pick)
Walton/Delfino
Bryant, Sasha, (Profit OR Rush)
MLE (Banks?), Parker

That, my friend, would be foolish. Trade away all our bigs for an aging smallish C/PF? Granted, he is excellent defensively. But he is a liability on offense. I think I would cut my ears off and lock myself in a closet for the season if this happens.

Hell, why not throw in Bynum for Lindsey Hunter while we are at it.
Flatlyner

Postby Rabbit on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Ben Wallace is not worth half of any trade I've seen. You can't give him the ball offensively. Profit for Wallace and we'll talk, and even then I'd hate to see Laron go. He's going to go downhill very fast. He can't jump around like he is forever.
Big Ben= :hurl:
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors