Lakers pursuing Stromile Swift

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Latest is he's going to Houston to team with Yao. How much cap room does Houston have? Any more than the MLE? Swift can help a team especially if he gets the mid level. He was buried behind a star in Gasol.

Remember when Ben Wallace was stuck behind Webber and Howard in Washington? He got traded to Detroit and the rest is history. Players like Swift can't contribute from the bench. Mitch, go get this guy! He's not bad!
lakeshow2k4

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:31 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:Remember when Ben Wallace was stuck behind Webber and Howard in Washington? He got traded to Detroit and the rest is history. Players like Swift can't contribute from the bench. Mitch, go get this guy! He's not bad!

You're comparing Kwame to Big Ben? :man10:

Best defensive big man vs the PF version of Gump
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby EQualizer on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:27 am

swift >>>> kmart...swift blocks shots better rebounds better...kmart doesnt rebound!

only bad thing about swift..a little on the skinny side, but he jumps CRAZY HIGH and yea...i'd like him on the lakers!
EQualizer

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:10 am

EQualizer wrote:swift >>>> kmart...swift blocks shots better rebounds better...kmart doesnt rebound!

only bad thing about swift..a little on the skinny side, but he jumps CRAZY HIGH and yea...i'd like him on the lakers!

:man3: I dislike K-Mart. He can´t rebound or score well and is way too overrated but K-Mart is >>> Swift. He has power is a better defender and is a kind of leader on the florr. Swift is just a slam dunk machine who can altar shots but can´t really play defense

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 am

jsm0331 wrote:
lakeshow2k4 wrote:Remember when Ben Wallace was stuck behind Webber and Howard in Washington? He got traded to Detroit and the rest is history. Players like Swift can't contribute from the bench. Mitch, go get this guy! He's not bad!

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:37 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

If you R-E-A-D my post I NEVER compared Kwame Brown to Ben Wallace. What I said was Swift has been playing behind Gasol his whole career, so his numbers aren't great. Ben Wallace started out behind Webber and Howard in Washington, then got a chance and flurished. My argument is Swift can't put up numbers from the bench. I never even said anything about Kwame Brown.

It's called reading, left to right, up to down, put letters together they become words, words together become sentences.
lakeshow2k4

Postby wavy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:53 pm

i'd take swift in no time, i'm not sure for kwame but i would give a try with him too.
wavy

Postby eNlight on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:10 pm

swift is like an explosive player off the bench. kwame has had his expierience of starting many games. kwame just needs a bigman coach or a motivator like phil jackson. he needs to use his body and bump into everyone and take it hard to the rim. always take the bigger body boy. we may have enough athleticism from bynum.
eNlight

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:19 pm

EQualizer wrote:swift >>>> kmart...swift blocks shots better rebounds better...kmart doesnt rebound!

DISAGREE COMPLETELY, SWIFT MAY HAVE MORE PHYSICAL TOOLS, BUT HE WILL NEVER HAVE THE TENACITY OF A KENYON MARTIN, EVER
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby venturalakersfan on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:33 pm

swolswol wrote:

DISAGREE COMPLETELY, SWIFT MAY HAVE MORE PHYSICAL TOOLS, BUT HE WILL NEVER HAVE THE TENACITY OF A KENYON MARTIN, EVER

And Swift has half the brain KMart has. "Swift" and "triangle offense knowledge" are two terms that should never be used in the same sentence.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Gman1979 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:51 pm

First off all to make it Clear Ben Wallace Was Traded to Detroit from Orlando Magic from Via sign and Trade deal for Grant Hill
Gman1979

Postby ATM The Minck on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:41 pm

swift > than Kmart if he HAD GOTTEn PT..........

swift NEVER GETS PT!!!!!! ever!!!!

it's ridiculous all those yrs and talent that pau gasol ruined
ImageImageplayers who will be good - written 7/21/05
-Kwame, ty chandler, Travis outlaw, frank williams, darko.
$$$--- JAMAAL TINSLEY IS ALWAYS HARD ---$$$
ATM The Minck

Postby whats golden on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:"Swift" and "triangle offense knowledge" are two terms that should never be used in the same sentence.

Unless of course you use the sentence...

"With his limited basketball knowledge Swift has no chance being able to play in the triangle let alone gain any triangle offense knowledge"

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors