Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby ADT on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 am

Lakers are targeting Shawn Marion who they hope will be released by the Raptors


https://twitter.com/NBA_Rumors_News
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

Image
User avatar
ADT

 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 am

I thought Matrix was a UFA? :man3:
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 am

Glen Quagmire wrote:I thought Matrix was a UFA? :man3:


either that or RFA

he is not under contract though.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby Alcindor on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 am

And sign his enormous ego and sense of self worth with what? The MLE?
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby ADT on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 am

yeah thats what I thought too ^^ Dont know how reliable that twitter is though?...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

Image
User avatar
ADT

 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby LALShowtime on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 am

Honestly

He would be my dream SF

Athletic, can rebound score with ease
and remember how good he was when he is the 3rd/4th option like he was in PHX

if he is willing to go for MLE that is
User avatar
LALShowtime

 
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 am
Location: VA

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby adobo24 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 am

Marion is a system player, we'll see how he does here IF we do pick him up.
ImageImage
User avatar
adobo24

 
Posts: 7469
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby HisAirness24 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 am

Sorry but I don't think NBA_Rumors_News is in any way credible. Sounds like he's picking up rumors (I bet some fabricated ones) across the web and posting them on this twitter.

I believe the Lakers would have to sign him to an offer sheet anyway, since he's a UFA. Raptors can't "release" him.
User avatar
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 am

artest> marion.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby Alcindor on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:24 am

Marion is not signing for the MLE, disregard the source completely
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby ibleedpurplengold on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 am

aansari wrote:artest> marion.


+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Also... Ariza = Marion but better defensively and a less horrid shot to behold as a fan and young with no ego... Offer Ariza a scaling deal over 5 years and figure it out Mitch...

YR 1 = MLE
YR 2 = 6.5 mill
YR 3 = 7.0 mill
YR 4 = 7.5 mill
YR 4 = 8.0 mill

That would work out to basically 5 yr 35 million... 7mill/yr avg... a good deal for Ariza and a hopefully good deal for us if he keeps performing and doesn't pull a sasha/walton
One of my first memories in life is of watching the Lakers... thanks for putting me on the right path at a young age mom and dad (RIP)
User avatar
ibleedpurplengold

 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby TheOp on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:29 am

Nooo I would not like to watch Matrix' ugly azz jumper for a full year.
Image
TheOp

 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: SoCAL

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 am

ibleedpurplengold wrote:
aansari wrote:artest> marion.


+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Also... Ariza = Marion but better defensively and a less horrid shot to behold as a fan and young with no ego... Offer Ariza a scaling deal over 5 years and figure it out Mitch...

YR 1 = MLE
YR 2 = 6.5 mill
YR 3 = 7.0 mill
YR 4 = 7.5 mill
YR 4 = 8.0 mill

That would work out to basically 5 yr 35 million... 7mill/yr avg... a good deal for Ariza and a hopefully good deal for us if he keeps performing and doesn't pull a sasha/walton


if it came down to ariza or marion.. i would take ariza in a heart beat

artest is crazy
ariza wants money
marion is just an over rated player who has a large ego.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:33 am

aansari wrote:
ibleedpurplengold wrote:
aansari wrote:artest> marion.


+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Also... Ariza = Marion but better defensively and a less horrid shot to behold as a fan and young with no ego... Offer Ariza a scaling deal over 5 years and figure it out Mitch...

YR 1 = MLE
YR 2 = 6.5 mill
YR 3 = 7.0 mill
YR 4 = 7.5 mill
YR 4 = 8.0 mill

That would work out to basically 5 yr 35 million... 7mill/yr avg... a good deal for Ariza and a hopefully good deal for us if he keeps performing and doesn't pull a sasha/walton


if it came down to ariza or marion.. i would take ariza in a heart beat

artest is crazy
ariza wants money
marion is just an over rated player who has a large ego.

co-sign.
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 am

Simply leverage for our Ariza and Odom negotiations.
User avatar
live and die in LA

 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby jjin28 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 am

would you guys rather have
ariza and odom
or
artest and marion

Seems like artest and marion are back up plans that we would go after if ariza and odom dont resign.

Maybe we give artest the MLE, and get marion in a sign and trade

Seems like any 2 of the 4 can be our players next year.

In rank
1) Artest and Odom
2) Ariza and Odom
3) Artest and Marion
4) Ariza and Marion
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
User avatar
jjin28

 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:41 am

Marion would thrive with the lakers
pureuncut100

 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am

jjin28 wrote:
In rank
1) Artest and Odom
2) Ariza and Odom
3) Artest and Marion
4) Ariza and Marion


that is how i would prefer it.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 am

How do we know this random twitter account is credible?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50858
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am

Weezy wrote:How do we know this random twitter account is credible?


... you know we don't.

its summer time :man1:
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am

Weezy wrote:How do we know this random twitter account is credible?


We don't and I doubt it is just as that fake stuff with Ron last night. I think people are putting way too much stock in this twitter stuff.
SignPippenNow

 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 am

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby TIME on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

Odom is a given... got to resign.

To fill the starting 3 spot my preferences are:

1. Battier (my ultimate role player in the 3 spot for us)
2. Ariza
3. Marion (PJ loves him & that should not be ignored)
4. Grant Hill (would be an amazing triangle player at spots 1-3)
5. Artest (just too much baggage + too ball dominant, but better than Walton here)
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9405
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby dj vitus on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

pureuncut100 wrote:Marion would thrive with the lakers

His style of play seems to fit within our system. An off-the-ball player than can spot up for 3s, play solid D, tip in shots, run the floor well...

We can afford to lose Ariza if we can get Marion. An Odom/Marion combo would be great. Artest is too unpredictable.

Unfortunately, Marion probably feels like he deserves more money than Ariza, so it'll be a long shot.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby jjin28 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:51 am

This has to be our plan this offseason. Trying to think of it as a GM point of view without sacrificing the budget.

Lakers #1 priority, resign both ariza and odom.
If they can't sign at the price they want, they will do the following

1) If Ariza dont resign, they will go hard after Artest
2) If odom dont resign they will go hard in a sign and trade for Marion

So, you will get the following combo next year and the following is my ranking of what i wish would happen

1) Artest and Odom
2) Ariza and Odom
3) Artest and Marion
4) Ariza and Marion

After that is done,

Lakers will no matter what resign Shannon Brown, unless they get a blow out offer from another team which they will not match.
But Lakers sent a qualifying offer, so they can match any offer offered to shannon brown.

After they do that,

they will try to trade the following package

Farmar and Morrison for a future PG to replace Fisher after he retires after this upcoming season. (think Andre Miller, Mike Bibby type of player)
After Fisher retires, you still have your andre miller type of poing guard with a shannon brown that will be more than ready to be a solid backup pg.

This is im sure mitch's plan.
Now its up to him to actually do it. Hope he comes thru.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
User avatar
jjin28

 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Lakers Targeting Shawn Marion?

Postby GNC on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 am

jjin28 wrote:This has to be our plan this offseason. Trying to think of it as a GM point of view without sacrificing the budget.

Lakers #1 priority, resign both ariza and odom.
If they can't sign at the price they want, they will do the following

1) If Ariza dont resign, they will go hard after Artest
2) If odom dont resign they will go hard in a sign and trade for Marion

So, you will get the following combo next year and the following is my ranking of what i wish would happen

1) Artest and Odom
2) Ariza and Odom
3) Artest and Marion
4) Ariza and Marion

After that is done,

Lakers will no matter what resign Shannon Brown, unless they get a blow out offer from another team which they will not match.
But Lakers sent a qualifying offer, so they can match any offer offered to shannon brown.

After they do that,

they will try to trade the following package

Farmar and Morrison for a future PG to replace Fisher after he retires after this upcoming season. (think Andre Miller, Mike Bibby type of player)
After Fisher retires, you still have your andre miller type of poing guard with a shannon brown that will be more than ready to be a solid backup pg.

This is im sure mitch's plan.
Now its up to him to actually do it. Hope he comes thru.


i co-sign whatever you say.. you speak my mind when i am too lazy too. :jam2:
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.