LeBron has the Lakers in mind

Re: LeBron has the Lakers in mind

Postby Booster on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Oh man...That would be too great... :man10:
Booster

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:53 pm

DMK wrote:Say Kobe bolts....

Do the Laker big wigs persue LBJ in 2010 to the death??

I dont even want to think that far ahead to be honest. This season is set to be something spectacular.

Damn straight they do. If Kobe leaves ( although that's extremely doubtful) Buss will hold Mitch over a woodchipper and say, " If you don't bring Lebron here, I'm letting go!"
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The LeBrons on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Can you say...sign and trade? :man1:
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Can you say...sign and trade? :man1:

It ain't happenin buddy. Although it would be amazing.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thewill on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:19 am

If anything were to occur, it would have to happen for the 2010/2011 season. Odom and Wallace would have left the Lakers and Cavs, respectively, by then.

Gasol, Vlad, and Sasha all expire in 2010.

Kobe, Lebron, and Bynum would be the big 3. Kobe and Lebron should play a game of 1 on 1 to determine who should be the #1 option. Remember the challenge system? Those 1 on 1 games could generate additional TV revenue. Yeah, pipe!
thewill

Postby bballhead34 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:30 pm

If we get Lebron then no one could stop us we would be better then big three in Boston
bballhead34

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Technically, under the salary cap rules, we COULD get LeBron James right now, for only giving up Lamar Odom, and STILL have Kobe, Gasol and Bynum on this team. Never in a billion year would that ever come to fruition, but if that did happen, and the Lakers could stay healthy, that team could have the potential of going 82-0!

PG-Fisher
SG-Bryant
SF-James
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

That would be the greatest starting 5 in NBA history! Boston would officially have their nuts torn off and rubbed on their parquet floor with that starting 5.
LAKEROC

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 pm

I've always liked LeBron
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kou on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Can you imagine in dream world, where Lebron signs for the Vet Min in 2010.

Farmar
Kobe
Lebron
Gasol
Bynum

Dreams rock!
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby KungFu on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Too many egos for that. No way.
KungFu

Postby rubin86 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 pm

therealdeal wrote:No it's not going to happen. I thought about the other day when it was brought up elsewhere and there's simply way too many things that would have to happen for this to even be considered a possibility. Including : Kobe's money, Bynum's money, Bench money, Lebron's legacy ( he'll always be under Kobe's shadow if this were to happen, and guys like Lebron are picky about their pride).

If it happens God loves the Lakers more than we could imagine, but if won't, so don't look too far into it unless Lebron, Kobe, and Andrew all come out and say, " I want to play for the Lakers, and I'll take a massive pay cut."

"guys like LeBron are picky about their pride"

lol - and kobe isn't??

i dont think LeBron will be UNDER kobe's shadow. I think it'll be Kobe that will be under it. LeBron is much younger and athletic and crowd pleasing.

Most importantly, I don't see Kobe letting this happen. He has a good squad right now and most importantly he is ALPHA DOG - he wont pass that up for sure!

Check out my blog, THE MORNING QUARTERBACK: http://morningquarterback.wordpress.com/

Luxury car lighting for any vehicle, HID Lighting: http://www.xenonvisions.com

“I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results." - Jordan
rubin86

Postby thewill on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Did you hear Kobe's Christmas interview? He said that Lebron reminds him of Magic [the interviewer] and that Lebron is "fun to be around."
thewill

Postby snakegod1609 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:17 am

LIke Lebron would really go to the Lakers. He is just saying that to get more money from the Cavs and get them to make any trade or sign anyone he wants.
snakegod1609

Postby thewill on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:48 pm

^ huh?

I was quoting Kobe in order to address the comments about the co-existence of alpha dogs.

Lebron has all the cards. He can choose wherever he wants to play. He'll get a maximum contract, no trade clause, and player options.
thewill

Postby JokerClownX3 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Sign and trade baby!
JokerClownX3

Postby 2k on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 pm

If this was baseball it could happen, but its not. So no its not happening, unless he want to take crap money in his prime years. Most likley he stays in Clevland or the NY/NJ area.

Postby thewill on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:24 pm

2k wrote:If this was baseball it could happen, but its not. So no its not happening, unless he want to take crap money in his prime years. Most likley he stays in Clevland or the NY/NJ area.

Sign and trade allows to Lebron to get a maximum contract with any team he wants as long as the Cavs feel they are getting something back in return. Gasol, Sasha, and Vlad (if he exercises his last year) would be 2010/2011 expiring contracts. I could see the Lakers offering one of their 7 footers and using Vlad and Sasha as fillers.

If you were Danny Ferry and Lebron said he wanted to leave for the Lakers, which offer would you take? Note that Cleveland would only have $20M in committed contracts in 2010 if Lebron were to opt out of his last year.

a. Go ahead and leave Lebron. I'm going to make a play for 2 out of 3 on Wade, Bosh, and Stoudemire
b. Pau + Vlad + 1 out of 3 on Wade, Bosh, and Stoudemire
c. Pau + Sasha + 1 out of 3 on Wade, Bosh, and Stoudemire
d. Bynum + Vlad + 1 out of 3 on Wade, Bosh, and Stoudemire
e. Bynum + Sasha + 1 out of 3 on Wade, Bosh, and Stoudemire

Bynum, Pau, and Sasha have enough talent to be traded for draft picks if Cleveland chooses to completely rebuild.
Last edited by thewill on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
thewill

Postby davriver290 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 pm

We all know all players are about the money. But you show true passion for the game when you take a large paycut to actually be in a position to win. Lets all look at Posey, the man is good dont get me wrong, but he obviously chose money over winning with the Celtics, I highly doubt the Hornets can get to the Finals, but I'll stay humble and say they have a legit chance, but if he was on the Celtics coming off that bench and took less money, another ring could potentially be waiting there for him.
We will see what Kobe's all about next year, the man has been making bank for the last few years, large deals with Nike, Lakers, I think Sprite, now this Vitamin Water? The guy prolly has like 20 bank accounts, he has set his great, great , great, great, great, great, great grandkids for life. If he signs for at least 5 Mil or less after he is able to opt out, then the man has shown us he loves the game so much he sacrafices a large paycheck to win more Titles.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby MJ32-notMJ23 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 am

pass?

are you insane?

If lebron works on his jumpshot he would be Jordan 2.0! Kobe, Pau and Lebron would be unstoppable, we could quite easily take the celtics championships record from them and even when Kobe calls it a day (aka dooms day) lebron would still be in his prime
A legendary day (81 points) - Jan. 22, 2006 vs. Raptors.
And at the end of 3 quarters, the Mavs - 61, Kobe Bryant - 62 - Dec. 20, 2005

If Lakers was a religion....
Kobe is our Messiah
Magic Johnson is our God
Mikan is our Prophet
Phil Jackson is our Pope
and 16 Championships is our Promised Land
MJ32-notMJ23

Postby Vassallo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 am

Bynum or Gasol <--> LBJ in a sign & trade
Cavs will lose him for nothing, in this way they will get a great player.

Kobe
LBJ
Artest
Odom
Gasol or Bynum

UNSTOPPABLE !!!
Hi all from Italy... So sorry for my english
Vassallo

Postby The Laker Link on Sat May 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I'd personally love to see it. But it would be some really huge Sign and Trade deal to get it done. I really don't know how it would be able to get done.

I say of course LeBron would say this, but at the same time I wonder why us!? Glory, Money, Ring, Replacement of Kobe when he retires, something else!?

Seems a little interesting and curiousity is getting me, but I don't know if it would really get done.
The Laker Link

Postby batibati44 on Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Honestly it is a possibility that lebron goes to LA... he is really considering it cuz he wants a ring.... he doesnt want to start over with another team... its gonna take sacrifice from everyone(pay cuts) and huge ego downgrades but if lebron is willing we can work something out.... In reality lebron will prob talk to the other free agents available... bosh etc and end up going to NEW York cuz they got the cash flow or maybe new jersey.... but wouldnt it be great that Lebron would go to the lakers.... kobes not gettn any younger....
Check out my Lakersblog

http://www.Lakers.BrianCBati.com//
batibati44

Postby BadCoaching on Sat May 29, 2010 9:12 pm

Not going to happen without unloading Kobe or 2-3 of the other stars (Gasol/Odom/Artest).
BadCoaching

Postby Ccabrera on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 am

There is no way Lebron would be a Laker in a million years...well if Kobe retired or got traded maybe. But other then that, neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.
Ccabrera

Postby RIPTheRev on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:40 am

As much as I want it to happen, there is absolutely no way LeBron is going to the Lakers. As you guys have been saying, everyone would have to take a pay cut, and that isn't going to happen.
RIPTheRev

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors