Luke says Lakers don't need to make a move

Luke says Lakers don't need to make a move

Postby nptntms on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:52 am

Luke was on ESPN a week ago or so, and stated that he believes Kobe will be staying with the Lakers, and that he feels the Lakers DO NOT need to make any significant moves to be contenders.
Wow...no significant moves??? Maybe the FO has somehow convinced Kobe to ride out one more year, and then they get KG next year when he is a FA?
nptntms

Postby Kent K25 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 am

He also said he has no clue what Phil plans on doing etc....I think he was just being as neutral as possible. No need to bring more unneeded attention to the organization.

Sorry, this is just old news, and not much news at that.
Kent K25

Postby 24kobe24bryant24 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 am

that was like over a month ago...lock please
24kobe24bryant24

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:17 am

Luke was just being pc for his teammate's sakes.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby tidalxwave on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:56 am

just found it funny that luke has started to talk in the press after he got his secure contract. Prior to that, he didnt say anything at all.
tidalxwave

Postby Satan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:30 pm

Weezy wrote:Luke was just being pc for his teammate's sakes.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby BigBoi24 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 pm

Luke just doesn't want to get traded, any big trade could involve him.
BigBoi24

Postby MauriceA.J on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:11 am

I fully agree with Luke
MauriceA.J

Postby Tragic on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:18 am

Luke needs to STFU.
Tragic

Postby BigBoi24 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:06 am

MauriceA.J wrote:I fully agree with Luke

Why?
BigBoi24

Postby DNP on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:29 pm

he doesn't want to get traded.
DNP

Postby MVP~Kobe~81 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:12 pm

Are you serious? So, your ok with just being an ok team.. Ok does not get it done my man. You think Fisher coming back to the Lakers will automatically fix this team... COME ON!
Q: Most hurtful thing you've ever read about yourself?

A: I try not to read clippings, but people saying I'm selfish is always bothersome. I'm far from that. I do what's necessary. I facilitate. There are going to be nights I've got to carry the load if people are struggling, but I'm not selfish. KB24
MVP~Kobe~81

Postby purple8gold on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm

:bang:

You need to get traded to Canada with the rest of the front office and it's mediocrity.
purple8gold

Postby MauriceA.J on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:01 am

Yes....i fully agree with Luke, no major change should be done (well but i don't mind KG or a superstar coming to LA). Only one player must come ( and he doesn't have to be a superstar)
Weren't the Lakers the ones who had a 3-0 record?
Weren't the lakers the ones who had in the middle of the season a 26-13 record?
The Lakers had a better record than Houston and Denver. The lakers were on the same level as Utah.
The Lakers were playing like in the end of the 2005-2006 season.
But after that, Lamar Odom was injured, Kwame Brown was injured, Luke Walton was injured, Radmanovic was injured, Kobe wasn't able to take care of the team by himself.
Even when Odom returned, he was still affected by the injury, and they began playing like in the 2004-2005 season.
We beated almost all the teams:
Weren't the lakers the ones who beated Utah 132-102 and 102-94?
Weren't the lakers the ones who beated Phoenix 114-106? ( Ah yes and without KB, Lamar Odom was the leader)
And if a team can beat another once, they can beat them twice and more if they know how to play against them.
We beated almost all the team, we beated Houston twice, we beated Golden State more than twice, we beated the Clippers, we beated San Antonio twice, we beated Chicago, we even beated Dallas.
But in the other half of the season, we lost against Clippers, against Dallas, Houston, Minnesota, Indiana, Hornets, Memphis, leading to 7-losing streaks.
And if it wasn't for Kobe's performance in the 4 consecutive 50-point game, we weren't making the playoffs, and all that because of injuries.
So what we have to do is change the way of playing, and adding a veteran player to the roster is a gd idea ( Smush Parker should stay ).
Los Angeles should rely more on LAMAR ODOM. Lamar is underrated and he can do a lot. Weren't he the one who gave us a 3-0 lead before KB came and we lost against Seattle?
Lamar must have the ball more. it was 80% Kobe and 20% Lamar in 2006-2007 season. But in the next season it must be at least 60% Kobe 40% Lamar. Kobe should shoot less, Lamar should shoot more.
Bynum has grown into a gr8 center.
One of the main problems also is Defence. But Defence CAN be improved.
We can put on our trading block : Brian Cook who takes a lot of unnessecary shots and is a bad defender.
Radmanovic who has strongly underacheived this season.
And the poor Vujajic who shoots 39.2 % from the field.
So if we can get someone with these players it will be good. And if necessary, we add Kwame to the trading block.
Gd luck for LA next year
MauriceA.J

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am

^

I agree with a lot of what you said but its not like the Lakers dont depend on Odom, he just doesn't put out.

He needs to play a full season and stop trippin on the court and become a legit second option.

Though the chance of the happening given the past three years is about the same as Kwame having a productive offensive season.

Seriously though if healthy and able to play defense this roster goes 50+
Chillbongo

Postby melo061 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:11 am

Please get this scrub of my team. He talks as if he is important, like he is leader. Bleep Luke, how about he learns to play some sembelence of defense.
Proud Member of Team Farmar
melo061

Postby LakersChamps04 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:02 am

just curiuos to the OP...if like you said, he said this last week..has it not occured to you..that perhaps...PERHAPS...maybe...someone here brought it up since then...idk..just a wild guess...
LakersChamps04

Postby nptntms on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:40 am

I did take a look to see if someone else posted about it....but I didn't see it in any of the recent postings. I just wanted to throw it out there and see what people thought, or if they knew more about the situation.

The Lakers current lineup CAN win if they all stay healthy all year long...which is highly unlikely. The first part of last season when they were winning, both Lamar and Luke were being aggressive and confident in their game and in their shot. They were running the triangle, and Kobe was sharing the ball. When Luke and Lamar came back from their injuries, Kobe was in "Savior" mode and was trying to win games on his own....thus both Luke and Odom lost their confidence, and looked to pass the ball to Kobe, rather than take their own shots.

But Luke was right....they don't necissarily need to make a significant move (although we all know they darn well should), because if they are all healthy, and running the offense, and confident in their shots....they COULD be a winning team...but to win it all??? They need another scorer. Odom isn't the 2nd scorer we need. He's a great 3rd option, and great all-around player to have. But we need a pure shooter...which VladRad was supposed to be....so maybe if he pulls his head out of his @$%, and with the addition of Fish, the offense could be way better than last year...but what about the defense???
nptntms

Postby MauriceA.J on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:24 am

That's what's i'm trying to say, nptntms understand nearly fully what i've said. T
The Lakers current lineup CAN win if they all stay healthy all year long. They CAN win. But of course, it's going to be tough to beat Dallas or Phoenix in the Playoffs.
And besides, i was really happy when there was trade talks between LA and T-Wolves to get KG.
But LA is a gr8 time, maybe not a strong contender, maybe not Like dallas or Phoenix or Detroit, but they're a strong team, i mean they beated every team in the NBA except Detroit, and if u can win once, u can win more. And don't forget that in the first half Bynum was averagin 10.1 ppg and then he went down.
The answer is Kobe should shoot less, Odom should get the ball more, Bynum and Evans shoud play more, and let's get a strong veteran scorer ( 14ppg to 18 ppg) and we should be fine.
Ron Artest is a gd example of what player we need.
Defense can be improved.
MauriceA.J

Postby MauriceA.J on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 am

That's what's i'm trying to say, nptntms understand nearly fully what i've said. T
The Lakers current lineup CAN win if they all stay healthy all year long. They CAN win. But of course, it's going to be tough to beat Dallas or Phoenix in the Playoffs.
And besides, i was really happy when there was trade talks between LA and T-Wolves to get KG.
But LA is a gr8 time, maybe not a strong contender, maybe not Like dallas or Phoenix or Detroit, but they're a strong team, i mean they beated every team in the NBA except Detroit, and if u can win once, u can win more. And don't forget that in the first half Bynum was averagin 10.1 ppg and then he went down.
The answer is Kobe should shoot less, Odom should get the ball more, Bynum and Evans shoud play more, and let's get a strong veteran scorer ( 14ppg to 18 ppg) and we should be fine.
Ron Artest is a gd example of what player we need.
Defense can be improved.
MauriceA.J

Postby purple8gold on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm

If this team isn't contending for a championship every year, then it's nothing short of the very definition of being mediocre.

The thing is, as long as people are filling up the Staples center every game, management won't care enough to contend for a championship.

And I seriously doubt this team is a championship caliber. You are delusional if you think otherwise.
purple8gold

Postby nptntms on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:28 pm

True...the team as is, is NOT going to contend for a championship year after year....but you can't expect them to be able to turn a mediocre team into a contendor, in just one offseason.
They tried to make some moves for KG and JO, but ultimately Minny and Indy wanted too much for them. (They didn't go to any other teams either, so it's evident they want too much for those guys)
They brought in Fish to help run the triangle, which will help a lot, and who knows what will happen by the trade deadline.....KG might realize that his young talented team just isn't going to cut it, and our KG trade might happen mid season....or he opts out and we get him as a FA next season.....Kwame will be a FA and outta here, we'll still have Bynum and Odom, and our young guys will have had another year under they're belt.
We have Kobe for 2 more years, so as long as the FO try's to build this team into a contendor during that time, and actually makes the moves to do it, then we ride it out for 1-1/2 years, and then trade Kobe if we haven't been able to make this team better.
nptntms

Postby Miggs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Ok no diss Maurice AJ but seriously man you need to work on that grammar, the word "beated" doesn't exist ok, it's beat or beaten. It gets annoying after two or three times of seeing it man. Anyway, the Lakers need to make another move to make it to the next level; sure in the season we can be really productive and win 50+, however, in the playoffs we'll be crushed because all we have is Kobe meanwhile Dallas has Dirk, Terry, Green Phoenix has Nash, Stoudemire, Marion and Diaw does well in the playoffs. Please let's not even start with San Antonio and their depth. We need another star, that'll give us more depth to because it'll send one of our starters to the bench. A line-up of Fisher, Kobe in the backcourt, then Lamar Odom, Luke Walton and a big man (all-star) in the frontcourt would make us that much better. KG would really help, I mean it's crazy thinking of the possibility even though I know it's a long-shot away. Hopefully, we add someone else besides Fish, no diss to him but that's not worth of a big summer move. It's a great move, however, as I posted recently, he should NEVER have been let go in the first place.

Guess we'll just have to keep tuning in.
MIGGS
Miggs

Postby MauriceA.J on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 am

lol at Miggs, yeah i maybe should but i'm not American or British, I'm lebanese, and my main language is Arabic.
Anyway, Kobe is acting like he is in the worst team in the NBA. And the reason he wants to be traded is so irrational and stupid, i mean he wants to be traded because the team is losing! Kobe has to make his team a winning team, he hsa to carry it to the playoffs and the Finals, Like Lebron did it. If Kobe is the best player in the league ( That is what i think ) and the next MJ, he must do it, and i'm sure he CAN do it. And if we played the next half like we played the first half of the season, the team would have ended 52-26, even better than the 2002-2003 season when we had Shaq, THAT IS ENOUGH PROOF.
Kobe, Lakers 4 Life
MauriceA.J

Postby Miggs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:16 pm

Ok Maurice AJ, itz acceptable than, tatz cool tat itz not ur main language tho, my bad if i came off as a jerk, i didn't mean it tat way bro. but as i posted in another forum, the Lakers should persue, Juan Carlos Navarro of Washington and according to Realgm.com they ARE!!!!! i hope they get this kid, i've seen some clips of him about an hour worth or so and i like him, i think he could grow great next to Kobe and Fish!
MIGGS
Miggs

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors