MARBURY INTERESTED IN THE LAKERS???

MARBURY INTERESTED IN THE LAKERS???

Postby Bones on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:05 am

While Stephon Marbury has been given permission to seek a deal with a new team, no new talks are scheduled between the Knicks and Marbury's representative from the NBA Players Association to extricate him from New York.

According to a person with close ties to Marbury, the banished point guard is seeking to sign with a "playoff, championship caliber team." The source declined to discuss which teams Marbury is targeting, but didn't shoot down Boston, Miami, or the Lakers as options. One team Marbury won't be signing with is the Suns. Phoenix contributed $500,000 to Spanish club Tau Ceramica to buy out their second-round pick, Slovenian point guard Goran Dragic, and team president Steve Kerr said Wednesday he has "zero" interest in Marbury. Kerr was in Denver Wednesday night scouting a point-guard matchup between Smush Parker and Eddie Gill in a D-League game, and vice president of basketball operations David Griffin plans to work out 4-6 point guards -- possibly including Damon Stoudamire and Troy Hudson -- on Monday. The Suns have until Wednesday to add a player to reach the NBA roster minimum of 13.

LINK

I know what everything is thinking. Marbury to the lakers is a BAD IDEA! But what if it really did happend? What if Marbury thought this was his last chance at a championship and just to prove his critics wrong, became the team player he never was before??? :man4: :man4: :man4:
Bones

Re: MARBURY INTERESTED IN THE LAKERS???

Postby The LeBrons on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 am

Marbury or Farmar?
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 pm

I hate Marbury, I think he is a headcase...

but if he accepts a minimum deal, he sure is still a talented player...

low risk, high reward. I would definitely take him because he is not going to be much worse than Farmar in some games and much better in other games.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh, no Stephon.... you didn't just used the oldest trick in every player or agent's book. "Say that you want to go to the Lakers - that will drive your price and demand up".
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Marbury or Farmar?

Maybe having Starbury competing for back up PG role will get Jordan going.
Kobe8Fan

Return to Sourced Rumors