Miami/Los Angeles and the #2 pick...per Miami Radio!!!!!!!!

Miami/Los Angeles and the #2 pick...per Miami Radio!!!!!!!!

Postby LAKEROC on Thu May 22, 2008 9:00 pm

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! They just talked about the #2 pick on a radio show in Miami, according to Joel McDonnell, and he said that Pat Riley wants Cap space to be able to get a bigtime player in 2010. The deal would be for the following:

To Miami:
Lamar Odom(expiring)
2009 second round pick

To Lakers:
Mark Blount-C
Udonis Haslem- F
#2 pick in the 2008 draft

If you are the Lakers, do you do this deal if it is offered to you?
Last edited by LAKEROC on Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAKEROC

Postby LAKEROC on Thu May 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Watch them do this, and then Lamar resigns with us next year for Full MLE....I would laugh my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off :man10:
LAKEROC

Postby NBA FAN on Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Those are two miserable contracts... and we already have our own bad contracts that we still need to unload in Luke and Vlad this will cause a log jam in many positions. But adding the 2nd overall pick in this years draft would be amazing. All in all I would not do this deal if I was the Lakers. This could cause the lakers to possibly loose Bynum because of salary cap restrictions down the line. I hope this does not happen.
NBA FAN

Postby NBA FAN on Fri May 23, 2008 12:27 am

Well I was under the impression the rumor was marcus banks and Blount. If it is udonis haslem, I completely change my position. I would definately do the deal. We could then trade the pick with vlad/luke and blount for cap relief and a starting quality SF... Just WOW. I would not keep the pick though. The lakers need immediate impact especially on the defensive end. no future projects. No rookies.The pick stays only if Rose is available but that means more retooling and trades. its just too much to work with.
NBA FAN

Postby nosebleedbum on Fri May 23, 2008 12:36 am

I'd bet this wouldn't happen. Ifthey want cap space they don't have to sign Davis and Williams long term. That's 16 mil right there. Davis and Williams won't come close to those salaries again. Riles could sign them at the same price for one year. It's like 2-3 years worth at the MLE or half the MLE which they could still get after the one year contracts.

It'd be nice to have Rose/Beasely and Wade along with the cap space in 2010.
nosebleedbum

Postby Radner on Fri May 23, 2008 8:34 am

NBA FAN wrote:Those are two miserable contracts... and we already have our own bad contracts that we still need to unload in Luke and Vlad this will cause a log jam in many positions. But adding the 2nd overall pick in this years draft would be amazing. All in all I would not do this deal if I was the Lakers. This could cause the lakers to possibly loose Bynum because of salary cap restrictions down the line. I hope this does not happen.

We can always trade Haslem and Vlad/Luke together.

This deal is not bad from a financial standpoint.

By the way, why isn't this in Lakers Discussion? It seems like big news.
Radner

Postby khmrP on Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 am

do it in a heartbeat...both Haslem/blount are pretty decent backups and potential starters just have to find a way to dump one of them along with vlad/luke...dam #2 you can't looes, whoever the bulls take lakers would have 2 star players again even after kobe retires, Rose/Bynum or Beasley/Bynum :bow: -this one would particular be scary as I heard beasely can score from anywhere on the court.
khmrP

Postby marcelo on Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 am

I really cant see miami doing this. Rose could be there for them, who knows, or if he's not, some teams are crazy about Beasley (i read that miami isnt). they can trade down a bit, still clearing some cap, and still pick a great prospect.

From the Lakers point of view, they might think that with Bynum back, Odom might not fit as well at the 3 spot. And they need that money for Bynum. Then the trade would make sense. They get the 2 pick, and sit pretty in the draft, they could either make the pick or listen to a lot of offers. I would pick, Rose if he's there, or Mayo.
marcelo

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri May 23, 2008 12:10 pm

I could actually see both teams doing this and it actually would be good trade for both. Odom, Marion, Wade and MLE would get Heat back to being a competitive team in East immediately.
For Lakers, Blount would be the backup center Lakers need. Haslem is a player I have heard Mitch likes. He, Turiaf and Gasol would be very good PF group. That would allow Walton, Ariza and Radman to fight it out at SF.
Rose would be the PG of the future for Lakers. This allows Lakers to eventually give Bynum his extension and buys them some time while Rose is on rookie contract.
Lakers might even be able to turn Farmar and either Radman or Luke into a small forward upgrade as well.
SignPippenNow

Postby LAKEROC on Fri May 23, 2008 2:38 pm

The way I see it is, I do the deal if and ONLY if Derrick Rose is available at the #2 pick. He is taken #1, then the deal is off. Mayo isn't worth it, and neither is Beasley. However, Rose is a point guard in the truest sense of the word. I can see he and Bynum having amazing chemistry togrther. The deal would also see Jordan Farmar work his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off again, as he knows his job would be in serious jepardy with us getting Derrick Rose.

It sucks we would have to dump Lamar to make this happen(couldn't they just take Coby Karl-Sun Yue+ Chris Mihm+ 2 first round picks :mhihi: )

Again, if Rose is off the board, then I would completely forget about this deal. However Rose at 19, and Bynum at 20 could seriously dominate the league for the next 10 years!!!!
LAKEROC

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri May 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Agree only if Rose is there. With Pau the Lakers don't need Beasley.
SignPippenNow

Postby A Rush on Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even if Rose is off the table.
A Rush

Postby LAKEROC on Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 pm

A Rush wrote:I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even if Rose is off the table.

WHY? :man3:

Mayo or Beasley is not worth giving Odom up for, especially since we will be in cap hell for years with that trade. We would need to net something very big for the deal to go through. If Lamar would be willing to sign for 7-8 million a year, this whole trade should be axed, but if he wants 12-14 million(we can't afford that), then dump him back to miami(ONLY!!!! if Derrick Rose is still on the board at #2. If he's gone,then I don't want any part of any other rookie.

Rose or Nothing
LAKEROC

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri May 23, 2008 11:47 pm

If we do this trade, we need Rose....then trade Farmar/Vlad or Luke/filler for Artest.

Bynum/Blount
Gasol/Haslem/Turiaf
Artest/Ariza/Luke or Vlad
Kobe/Sasha
Fish/Rose

We'd still be contenders now and be set for the future. Doubt it happens though.
Mark McNamara

Postby Satan on Sat May 24, 2008 12:09 am

No way is Lamar going anywhere except for a no brainer.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Congo Cash on Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 am

A Rush wrote:I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even if Rose is off the table.

LMAO... LO for just Blount and Haslem?

No Rose, no deal...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby nosebleedbum on Sat May 24, 2008 12:02 pm

No Rose, no deal...

For real, man. It'll be like Mitch has to do his charitable deed by giving talent away, hoping Blount and Haslem can net him Lebron.

LO for Blount and Haslem is on the same scale as Kwame/Crit for Pau. Except Crit may turn out to be a quality player. Haslem and blount can only go down hill.
nosebleedbum

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sat May 24, 2008 12:56 pm

nosebleedbum wrote:

No Rose, no deal...

For real, man. It'll be like Mitch has to do his charitable deed by giving talent away, hoping Blount and Haslem can net him Lebron.

LO for Blount and Haslem is on the same scale as Kwame/Crit for Pau. Except Crit may turn out to be a quality player. Haslem and blount can only go down hill.

im sure he was saying he would do the deal even if Rose is already taken by the Bulls and he would do the trade for Beasley......I dont know if I agree with that tho
d.carter4kobe

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Sat May 24, 2008 2:42 pm

cmon guys we cant jus dump odom like that. His been through it all. Im sure there will be another great point guard we can pick up next year with the 30th pick.
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby Weezy on Sat May 24, 2008 3:18 pm

I like Odom, but man that seems like a good deal to me, Beasly, Haslem and Blount for just Odom? Beasly seems like he's gonna be a hell of a player, and I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to re-sign Odom anyway. I don't know maybe I'm missing something, seems good to me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sat May 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Weezy wrote:I like Odom, but man that seems like a good deal to me, Beasly, Haslem and Blount for just Odom? Beasly seems like he's gonna be a hell of a player, and I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to re-sign Odom anyway. I don't know maybe I'm missing something, seems good to me.

yea it seems all nice...but Im sure the Heat could find better offers then Odom for their pick AND thats if they even decide to trade it
d.carter4kobe

Postby mapabu1 on Sat May 24, 2008 4:22 pm

I would do that deal but i doubt that Miami can't find a better offer.
mapabu1

Return to Sourced Rumors