Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Drew Gooden, Shelden Williams

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:30 am

Larry14r wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Warrick would be a great addition IF Odom departs. He's an athletic, agile, strong 4 that would give the bench a boost. If not, the savvy Smith will do.


We could get both if we wanted too as well.


Oh? Now THAT would be a boon IF Odom walks and Buss is willing to fork over the cash.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15201
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Drew Gooden, Shelden Williams

Postby eNlight on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 am

Larry14r wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Warrick would be a great addition IF Odom departs. He's an athletic, agile, strong 4 that would give the bench a boost. If not, the savvy Smith will do.


We could get both if we wanted too as well.


haha and i can quit smoking if i wanted too :man1:

doesn't work like that.
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby borri on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Well as long as replacements make up the 11.4 pts 8.8 boards per game that LO gave us. We'll be fine.

I'll take 9 and 7 from a combo of players and some defense.

I think it's entirely realistic that Artest can score 2.4 more pts per game and grab 1.8 more boards per game than Ariza. In fact, I am 100% sure he'll surpass that.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Artest, Hakim Warrick, and Joe Smith > Ariza, Odom???
User avatar
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby GNC on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 pm

PhiLJaCkSoN-10 wrote:Artest, Hakim Warrick, and Joe Smith > Ariza, Odom???


a happy artest, warrick > unhappy ariza and odom

and i think warrick can give us 9-10 ppg off the pine and artest can raise his scoring.

WWW
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 pm

GNC wrote:
PhiLJaCkSoN-10 wrote:Artest, Hakim Warrick, and Joe Smith > Ariza, Odom???


a happy artest, warrick > unhappy ariza and odom

and i think warrick can give us 9-10 ppg off the pine and artest can raise his scoring.

WWW



:man10:
User avatar
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby GNC on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 pm

laugh all you want but an unhappy ariza and odom will get you nowhere.

and i dont think you have watched warrick at all.

it is not all about talent. a nice chunk of a championship team is about team moral + chemistry etc.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:01 pm

GNC wrote:laugh all you want but an unhappy ariza and odom will get you nowhere.

and i dont think you have watched warrick at all.

it is not all about talent. a nice chunk of a championship team is about team moral + chemistry etc.


im laughing at you, im laughing at the artest comment.
User avatar
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Warrick is pretty one dimensional, but he'd be a nice pickup. The only problem : $$$. The Lakers have only the vet minimum to offer him, and he's worth far more than that. In a sign and trade, the Lakers could potentially do it, but he's still not an absolutely adequate replacement for Lamar. Far from it. I'd rather keep LO around.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby GNC on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

therealdeal wrote:Warrick is pretty one dimensional, but he'd be a nice pickup. The only problem : $$$. The Lakers have only the vet minimum to offer him, and he's worth far more than that. In a sign and trade, the Lakers could potentially do it, but he's still not an absolutely adequate replacement for Lamar. Far from it. I'd rather keep LO around.


like i said he is the best available one.

and imo with a stacked team like we have he can flourish into a more all around player that can give us 10ppg with 6 rebounds.

we just need someone on the bench to be the "leader"
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby GNC on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:06 pm

PhiLJaCkSoN-10 wrote:
GNC wrote:laugh all you want but an unhappy ariza and odom will get you nowhere.

and i dont think you have watched warrick at all.

it is not all about talent. a nice chunk of a championship team is about team moral + chemistry etc.


im laughing at you, im laughing at the artest comment.


don't jinx it.. we dont want him doing anything crazy now :naughty1:
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 pm

GNC wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Warrick is pretty one dimensional, but he'd be a nice pickup. The only problem : $$$. The Lakers have only the vet minimum to offer him, and he's worth far more than that. In a sign and trade, the Lakers could potentially do it, but he's still not an absolutely adequate replacement for Lamar. Far from it. I'd rather keep LO around.


like i said he is the best available one.

and imo with a stacked team like we have he can flourish into a more all around player that can give us 10ppg with 6 rebounds.

we just need someone on the bench to be the "leader"


I wouldn't put the "leader" label on Warrick if he came here. Honestly, I would use Artest as the "leader" before anyone new they would look to bring in. Warrick would be a good dose of energy off the bench, but that's really it. He'd get a few rebounds and few dunks but I think his averages would be closer to 7-8 points and 4-5 rebounds.

I'm not against the idea of him at all, just not as someone to replace Lamar because he simply can't do that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby GNC on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:
GNC wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Warrick is pretty one dimensional, but he'd be a nice pickup. The only problem : $$$. The Lakers have only the vet minimum to offer him, and he's worth far more than that. In a sign and trade, the Lakers could potentially do it, but he's still not an absolutely adequate replacement for Lamar. Far from it. I'd rather keep LO around.


like i said he is the best available one.

and imo with a stacked team like we have he can flourish into a more all around player that can give us 10ppg with 6 rebounds.

we just need someone on the bench to be the "leader"


I wouldn't put the "leader" label on Warrick if he came here. Honestly, I would use Artest as the "leader" before anyone new they would look to bring in. Warrick would be a good dose of energy off the bench, but that's really it. He'd get a few rebounds and few dunks but I think his averages would be closer to 7-8 points and 4-5 rebounds.

I'm not against the idea of him at all, just not as someone to replace Lamar because he simply can't do that.


warrick is by no means a leader. i meant that if we get warrick we then would need a leader off the bench

and imo i'd send fisher to the pine for that job
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 pm

^ I don't think Fish would be good off the bench. I'm one of his staunchest supporters, but I know he has clear boundaries. Most of his deficiencies are covered or veiled by the starting lineup, which is so packed with talent it's okay if he's a step and a half too slow defensively from time to time. On the bench, it'd be blatant.

I think a steady rotation of one or two starters in the game at all times would keep the bench honest. For instance keeping Kobe, Pau or Andrew with the bench at all times and allowing the offense to flow through them.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby Crispy on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm

I think Warrick's athleticism could help us in the sense of giving us a boost. Sort of how Shannon Brown can give us one with a highlight dunk. Don't think he'd see any minutes over Powell, unless Warrick can play SF? Not really sure if he can.
User avatar
Crispy

 
Posts: 7564
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby eNlight on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:37 pm

the question to most of us is hakim warrick a hungry player? he didn't show that much dedication when melo left syracuse. i say this because the only two extreme players that will be motivated next season would be morrison (possible chance of not even playing), artest, and warrick to win a championship, granted if we land warrick.

i'm not saying kobe, pau, and core arn't motivated, but to keep a team fresh, you always want to bring a few hungry players into the squad so that you can chase another ring. i don't think warrick is a winner, imo. (not to diss the young lad). i always wanted to land him somehow on the bench.
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Re: Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Postby MadMax on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am

3 more pages and this thread is close to the Kobe Bryant Appreciation thread!!!!

:jam2: :bow:
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13890
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.