Mitch will contact Joe Smith, Shelden Williams.

Re: Ric Bucher: Kupchack will contact Joe Smith and Gooden

Postby Radner on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:39 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Sigh... Joe Smith is serviceable. Gooden? Uuummm...no. Boozer will do just fine...

Fish,Kobe,Artest,Booz,Gasol

opening night lineup

That would be great and all but Utah has to be willing to trade with us since Boozer opted to stay.
Radner

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am

^Leon Powe would be terrific if he's healed...even though he was with THOSE GUYS previously.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby onetrackt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am

aansari wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Sigh... Joe Smith is serviceable. Gooden? Uuummm...no. Boozer will do just fine...

opening night lineup

i'd rather ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to chicago for kirk and noah

hinrich/fisher
kobe/brown
artest/luke
gasol/powell
bynum/noah

This Odom thing is devastating to me but that would be a nice line up... tho I do think Fish would start but the best thing is we get rid of Farmar and get a real pg for the future... And I dont think we can get Noah but Tyrus would be nice as well
onetrackt

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 am

Radner wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

opening night lineup

That would be great and all but Utah has to be willing to trade with us since Boozer opted to stay.

they're gonna match Portland's Millsap proposal on Friday...i have a feeling
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 am

Boozer for Odom+Farmar worked perfectly, for both teams.
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

Postby live and die in LA on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am

We are not getting Boozer.

Gooden and Smith arn't glorious options but we may have to settle with them. I would also consider Hakim Warrick(unlikely he takes vet min) and Leon Powe(injured).
live and die in LA

Postby onetrackt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am

Booz or drew would not be happy coming off the bench so I don't know if that would work for the lakers...
onetrackt

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 am

onetrackt wrote:Booz or drew would not be happy coming off the bench so I don't know if that would work for the lakers...

Drew can get over it.
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

Postby Radner on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:47 am

pound4pound1 wrote:they're gonna match Portland's Millsap proposal on Friday...i have a feeling

Yeah but Boozer to L.A. straight up would guarantee another ring. Utah would need more incentive to even trade with us, such as getting a top pick in 2010 (among other assets). Odom alone wouldn't be enough for them.

Like I mention yesterday, any deal involving Boozer and Lakers would have to be a three team deal.

Boozer to L.A.
Odom to third team
Players/draft picks to Utah

The third would also have to agree on giving Odom a 5 year deal for 50 million. Kind of complicated to be honest
Radner

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am

Radner wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:they're gonna match Portland's Millsap proposal on Friday...i have a feeling

Yeah but Boozer to L.A. straight up would guarantee another ring. They would need more incentive to even trade with us, such as getting a top pick in 2010. Odom alone wouldn't be enough for them.

Like I mention yesterday, any deal involving Boozer and Lakers would have to be a three team deal.

Boozer to L.A.
Odom to third team
Players/draft picks to Utah

The third would also have to agree on giving Odom a 5 year deal for 50 million. Kind of complicated to be honest

hasnt Booz been publicly talkin about getting dealt this summer?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby GNC on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
hasnt Booz been publicly talkin about getting dealt this summer?

getting dealt doesn't mean to the lakers.

he got 12 million on that contract this coming year.

and utah wont trade him for trash.
GNC

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 am

alright, you guys win....i guess Joe Smith it is

this sh1t makes me not wanna watch the championship video for a 2nd time. :man6:
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 am

How would we get Boozer? Aren't the Jazz trying to DUMP Boozer so they can afford to sign Millsap? Somehow I doubt they'd have interest in Odom (especially at that price) just to be a downgraded replacement for Boozer and I sincerely doubt Lamar would want to work on a sign & trade to go live in Utah for the next half-decade.

I'm just not a lot of logic in that scenario.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:53 am

I am truly against overpaying that dimwit Lamar but our chances of repeating are going to significantly drop if we have to sign these two scrubs in place of Lamar.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby West on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:54 am

Powe wont be an option for some time yet, still rehabin'. Joe Smith was an old Mitch guy wasn't he? Sean May wasn't he who PJax wanted to draft few years back?

If Mitch can sign a BIG for VetMin, then he can shop AMMO/Farmar/Sasha combo for a PG and that will effectively soak up all of LO's minutes. With LO gone, Luke will see a lot more PT. A healthy Drew can grab most of LO's boards. Just need another BIG (4/5) to spell Drew/Pau. I don't really want to see Mbenga as the second guy off the bench...
Thread Killer...
West

Postby Damian Necronamous on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:55 am

Anyone who thinks Drew Gooden isn't worthy of the P&G is a total moron. The dude would only be a slight downgrade to Odom. Gooden is a good rebounder and would probably average 8/7 off our bench. We could repeat with him as our 6th man. I don't know how we'd get him, though, if we did indeed use our veteran's exception on Shannon Brown.

We can't do a sign and trade because no team owns his Bird Rights.
Damian Necronamous

Postby GNC on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:56 am

Damian Necronamous wrote:Anyone who thinks Drew Gooden isn't worthy of the P&G is a total moron. The dude would only be a slight downgrade to Odom. Gooden is a good rebounder and would probably average 8/7 off our bench. We could repeat with him as our 6th man. I don't know how we'd get him, though, if we did indeed use our veteran's exception on Shannon Brown.

We can't do a sign and trade because no team owns his Bird Rights.

gooden is dumb as a rock.
GNC

Postby nameant on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am

Gooden is actually very solid. Wasn't great in SA b/c he wasn't given much of an opportunity plus he had to learn on the fly. He'd be a nice spark off the bench.
nameant

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Question is!!

Artest, Gooden, Smith OR Ariza, Odom
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

Postby Whatthef? on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 pm

When Odumb comes off his sugar high, he will take what the Lakers are offering and come crawling back. No one else wants or can afford him. :jam2:
Whatthef?

Postby kray28 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Whatthef? wrote:When Odumb comes off his sugar high, he will take what the Lakers are offering and come crawling back. No one else wants or can afford him. :jam2:

It's not a sugar high.
kray28

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 pm

kray28 wrote:
Whatthef? wrote:When Odumb comes off his sugar high, he will take what the Lakers are offering and come crawling back. No one else wants or can afford him. :jam2:

It's not a sugar high.

its dat cali OG kush high
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

Postby onetrackt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Thats what I don't understand no other team has showed much interest in him and he still has the balls to turn down a 10 mil and 9 mil deal
onetrackt

Postby karacha on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 pm

People still don't understand Gooden has zero BB IQ.Zero. He has size and experience, but he can't really figure out what's happening in the game of basketball. OK, Odom was never the smartest guy on the team, that's for sure... but Gooden is worse.

However, it's nice to hear that Mitch is looking for deals. Encouraging. We just have to find someone decent to come off the bench, that's all. If Odom wants to walk, let him walk. Or s&t if he'd like that. In that case give us either Kirk, or someone young... like Beasley so we can build for the future.

And see if OKC is willing to trade Durant for Odom. :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Murdock on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:39 pm

kray28 wrote:We just need to accept that Lamar is gone....and we're getting back nothing in return, and need to turn to the bargain bin now.

seriously i don'T get why we don't wanna get Lamar 5 year deal --- if we are not feeling him after 3 years he still can be traded ... this is what bugs me
Murdock

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors