NBA Rumors: Cassell a LAKER next year?

Postby YOUNGZERO on Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:23 am

"Coach Mike Dunleavy has not had the option in his contract picked up. There is speculation that (Sam) Cassell, viewed as the linchpin of the team's success, could leave this summer, possibly for the Lakers. "Conventional wisdom would tell you they should be concerned," Roggin said of Clippers fans. "On the other hand, if you have rooted for this franchise over the years and lived and died with Donald Sterling, at this point you're delusional."
myspace.com/blackcorazon
YOUNGZERO

Postby extreme on Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:28 pm

Isn't he a too dominant PG for the triangle?
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby In The Key on Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:40 pm

extreme wrote:Isn't he a too dominant PG for the triangle?

Hard to tell, but his leadership and swagger would work unsurmountable wonders. We might have the opportunity to snag him because Livingston is shining as well.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:03 pm

Cassell is obviously a huge upgrade, but I would really rather go after a defensive minded PG.

Banks, take a PAY CUT.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby In The Key on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:30 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Cassell is obviously a huge upgrade, but I would really rather go after a defensive minded PG.

Banks, take a PAY CUT.

Why not a veteran, tough and defensive minded guard who can hit open shots and has pretty good size...sound like a triangle dream guard for Phil Jackson? Look no further. Darrell Armstrong.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby ND6 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:04 pm

Sam Cassell is NOT an ideal player. He's not a playoff type and therefore can not take the ring. He talks too much and lack of action. It would be Lakers's biggest mistakes take him.
ND6

Postby KB24 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:50 am

we are looking for Vlade part 3

Mitch :bow: Divac---->McKie and now Cassell

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

gimme a break

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 am

I'd do a sign and trade with Clippers. the sing Cassel for vet min, and we trade Wafer for him :man1:
Weezy baby
High IQ

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:48 am

In The Key wrote:Why not a veteran, tough and defensive minded guard who can hit open shots and has pretty good size...sound like a triangle dream guard for Phil Jackson? Look no further. Darrell Armstrong.

Armstrong would be the 3rd installment of the saga known as Mitch Kupchak.

He's been in the league, what, 10-12 years? I know he's a veteran and all, but man, we need to get someone who can fit the bill AND isn't a liability to break down.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby bleed purple n gold on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:25 pm

KB8@CL wrote:we are looking for Vlade part 3

gimme a break
:man9:

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby Still A Dynasty on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:39 pm

gimme a break

cassell has been HUGE for the Clips this season
Still A Dynasty

Postby RushDelivery on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:45 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:

gimme a break

True, but Cassell fits into their system well AND he's in a contract year for his likely last ever contract.

I'm not sold that Cassell would do well in the triangle, provide the defense we desperately need at the 1 and last long enough to justify his contract.

Hopefully we can get someone like Banks instead assuming he doesn't keep demanding more money than he's worth.
RushDelivery

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:07 pm

In The Key wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Cassell is obviously a huge upgrade, but I would really rather go after a defensive minded PG.

Banks, take a PAY CUT.

Why not a veteran, tough and defensive minded guard who can hit open shots and has pretty good size...sound like a triangle dream guard for Phil Jackson? Look no further. Darrell Armstrong.

You are aware that Armstrong is THIRTY-EIGHT FREAKING YEARS OLD, aren't you?

I'd rather make a run at Cassell and that's saying a lot. Speedy Claxton isn't a bad choice.
Savory Griddles

Postby KB24 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:11 am

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:

gimme a break

true but he has also said several times that he doesn´t want to start anymore. That he wants to come off the bench and I´m pretty surer he is about to break down. It can happen all of a sudden. I take Banks over Cassell anyday of the week. Cassell is not exactly a triangle player, nor can he defend his own shadow...

and he is wqay too ugly to put on the purple and gold jersey
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:36 am

extreme wrote:Isn't he a too dominant PG for the triangle?

Doesn't matter...imagine getting him and then KG by trading Mihm or something...then maybe Spree will be interested...he can back-up Lamar or Kobe and then we can do what the Wolves of '04 failed to do. Or at least we stopped them...both times...

Then imagine if Peja really does come over here because of Vlade and takes a pay cut...like an LLE or a Vet. Min. and imagine if we got banks in the KG trade...that would mean we have a good back-up for everyone and could probably go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is only imagination...I don't know what will happen...and I am not going to go nuts or get excited over it since I don't know....but hey...this maybe could be really possbile...and cool if it works....
The Laker Link

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:27 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Doesn't matter...imagine getting him and then KG by trading Mihm or something...then maybe Spree will be interested...he can back-up Lamar or Kobe and then we can do what the Wolves of '04 failed to do. Or at least we stopped them...both times...

Then imagine if Peja really does come over here because of Vlade and takes a pay cut...like an LLE or a Vet. Min. and imagine if we got banks in the KG trade...that would mean we have a good back-up for everyone and could probably go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is only imagination...I don't know what will happen...and I am not going to go nuts or get excited over it since I don't know....but hey...this maybe could be really possbile...and cool if it works....

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby High IQ on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Doesn't matter...imagine getting him and then KG by trading Mihm or something...then maybe Spree will be interested...he can back-up Lamar or Kobe and then we can do what the Wolves of '04 failed to do. Or at least we stopped them...both times...

:man10: :man10: :man10:
High IQ

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:46 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

Oh yeah...I forget that nobody believes in ever a little possibility on KG. Whatever...I say get Cassell and Banks...trade or something...I bet we get KG...you laugh at me now but I'll probably be the one laughing in the end....
The Laker Link

Postby kobe>lbj on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm

I'd rather get banks just because of his defense but Cassell would not be a bad pick. He'd be able to hit those shots that we want to see go down from the point guard positiion. The facilitator of the offense would be Lamar, so Cassell doesn't even have to worry much about being a playmaker. All he has to do is score. Besides, we haven't had great defense from any point guard all year and we still made the playoffs from decent offense coming from smush and sasha.
kobe>lbj

Postby ND6 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:42 pm

If Lakers ever takes Cassell them I'm out.
ND6

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:51 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Oh yeah...I forget that nobody believes in ever a little possibility on KG. Whatever...I say get Cassell and Banks...trade or something...I bet we get KG...you laugh at me now but I'll probably be the one laughing in the end....

By putting probably in bold, are you suggesting that it's over a 50% chance we land KG?

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:19 am

Well, with our luck when it comes to aging veterens, Sam I Am will probably show his age next season. We have impeccable timing with the oldies.
"With the 25th pick of the 1988 NBA draft, the.. Los Angeles Lakers select... David Rivers from the University of Notre Dame."
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby KobeCory8 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:47 am

if we could get him that would be great cuz its a big upgrade
if we cant get a defensive pg and a pot guard that gets a lot of assists
KobeCory8

Postby brandnew on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:22 am

Sam would be a great pickup IMO. Smush off the bench would be very nice.
ESPN has Andrew Bynum Insider.

[URL=http://www.treasuretrooper.com/32645]Image
[/url]
brandnew

Return to Sourced Rumors