Take it for what it's worth.....
Broussard Live on Sportscenter right now
- Says talks between Denver and LA are in "infant" stages
- No interest in Lamar Odom or Ron Artest
- No real offer yet
- Talks about other outlets reporting Buss' lack of interests in trading Bynum (basically Isola's report) says he understands where that source is coming from. Knows of Buss' love for Bynum, but according to his source talks wouldnt have advanced this fair and still be alive if that was an obstacle.
- Says Denver like this offer, Feels Bynum has superstar potential and they dont feel his contract is deadly because after next season its only a team option, so if he breaks down they can let him go.
- Goes on to Knicks, says 3 way trade with Minny still alive. However, Denver wants more
- Doesn't think this is a smokescreen by Denver to get Knicks to ante up but feels it will force the Knicks to ante up.
- Denver wants 2/3 of Chandler, Gallo, Fields.
- According to his source, Knicks ultimately will give in to that request if they need to
- Says Lakers face problem for Knicks, because indications from people close to Melo, but not confirmed that he would definitely sign with Lakers, has a home there."
So I see know reason for Broussard, well known Knick honk, to be pushing this to drive UP what the Knick's would have to pay Denver, unless there is some truth.
The report from the Lakers side only said the Bynum/Melo "report is inaccurate". It did not say "not happening, never ever".
Perhaps there's more to the story and it is in infant stages as Broussard stated on ESPN this morning.