New Garnett News: John Ireland on ESPN 710 Radio

New Garnett News: John Ireland on ESPN 710 Radio

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm

:jam2: Keeping the Garnett trade hopes alive. Basically, 20 minutes ago he stated that he was at a Lakers party at Tex Winter's house. The Lakers executives are doing any and everything they can do to fully shakeup this Lakers roster.

_Supposedly_ the Lakers "executives" were told directly by the T-Wolves that they are not interested in what the Lakers have to offer for KG, but Ireland suspects that the Wolves were shopping KG to the Blazers for their #1 pick.

Lakers executives know the T-Wolves are shopping KG on the downlow, and are _supposedly_ working on a 3-4 team trade with the end result of KG ending up in Los Angeles. Ireland mentioned that the hot topic at this Tex Winter party was still KG, all the Laker execs want KG more than J O'Neal, and the Lakers are throwing the book at KG.

Now, care for my interpretations? The Lakers want KG, but the Lakers really don't want to part with Odom and Bynum to get him. Remember, wasn't that supposedly Minnesota's original demand? To get Odom+Bynum, and we didn't want to do it? Well, why would we suddenly do it for a lesser guy in J O'Neal then?

The Lakers want to get KG, want to blow up the roster, but I believe they are trying to at least keep either Odom or Bynum. My guess, but gosh darnit I hate trade rumors! Too much gossip without action.
Lakeshow24

Postby Radner on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 pm

What is the fascination of keeping Odom and Bynum?
Radner

Postby ApplePi3 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:49 pm

There is no KG put down the pipe.
ApplePi3

Postby pnynby24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm

I think it could just be a bluff, to get Indy to ask for less from us.

If it works, then its a very smart move, I thinks this rumor adds to the chances of getting Jermain Oneal.
pnynby24

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:39 pm

ApplePi3 wrote:There is no KG put down the pipe.

Be easy! It's not my rumor.

Playa.
Lakeshow24

Postby marcelo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:05 pm

JKsnoots wrote:What is the fascination of keeping Odom and Bynum?

THANK YOU! that´s going in my signature...
I ask myself that same question everytime i read these things...

also, there´s no way in hell the Lakers wouldn´t give up Odom and Bynum for KG
marcelo

Postby popo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:26 pm

that mchale hates us, our best chance of getting him would be if kg opts out after next season and he sign with us for cheaps then we can be like payback mr.ex celtic
popo

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Because Odom is already a very good player who is extremely versatile and is one of the best rebounders in the NBA, who can push the ball up court because his handles are *incredible*. And Bynum is only 19 and is a virtual lock to become a 20-10 player. You don't just hand talent away like that.

It's a no-brainer.
Lakeshow24

Postby Armo Flava on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:

Because Odom is already a very good player who is extremely versatile and is one of the best rebounders in the NBA, who can push the ball up court because his handles are *incredible*. And Bynum is only 19 and is a virtual lock to become a 20-10 player. You don't just hand talent away like that.

It's a no-brainer.
:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"i leave FLY dust on my haters when im passin em by"

Armo Flava

Postby Radner on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:

It's a no-brainer.

The question remains does Odom along with Bynum make are team better now?

The answer is NO.
Radner

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 pm

JKsnoots wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:

It's a no-brainer.

The question remains does Odom along with Bynum make are team better now?

The answer is NO.

The answer is YES, depending on what you receive in return for those players. Are you willing to go so far as to claim that they don't make a difference? That you can bring your grandfather in the game from the stands, and that will be better?
Lakeshow24

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Sounds good to me, hopefully it happens.

:man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 pm

the latest deal reported for JO is better than going after Garnett.

Odom, Kwame and 19 for JO and Tinsley

I would rather do that and keep Bynum.

JO also fits the Lakers needs slightly better since he is better defensively and can block shots.

One problem is health issues with JO tho.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:58 pm

KB8@CL wrote:the latest deal reported for JO is better than going after Garnett.

Odom, Kwame and 19 for JO and Tinsley

I would rather do that and keep Bynum.

JO also fits the Lakers needs slightly better since he is better defensively and can block shots.

One problem is health issues with JO tho.

Is that a joke or are you just tired or something? If there was even a remote possibility of getting KG I'd give up half the team for him. KG > JO.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:54 pm

I like JO and Bynum or Odom better than KG.

Can KG anchor a D? no he can´t. Can he swat? no he can´t. Is he an inside scorer? most certainly not and he needs the ball in his hands more than JO.

I know KG is the better overall player but if we can keep Bynum and get JO we can turn Bynum into something decent as well, for example Kidd or Artest.

And JO, Artest or Kidd >>> KG.

if you think Kobe and KG can win you a ring you are mistaken. It takes more than just 2 players to win. And keeping Bynum for another deal is a great asset for us.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 pm

KG can't swat and has no post game? I always thought he could and did. Guess I was mistaken. Yes, I would rather have JO, Artest and Kidd, but who the heck says we're getting all those players? Kobe and KG won't win it all alone, but if we played it right and put a defensive squad around them they could contend. I don't believe it'll happen anyway so it's a moot point.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 pm

Weezy wrote:KG can't swat and has no post game? I always thought he could and did. Guess I was mistaken. Yes, I would rather have JO, Artest and Kidd, but who the heck says we're getting all those players? Kobe and KG won't win it all alone, but if we played it right and put a defensive squad around them they could contend. I don't believe it'll happen anyway so it's a moot point.

with Bynum you CAN easily get Artest for example...hell if Houston can get him for Bob Sura...LA can get him easily with Bynum.

KG can swat (1.7 blocks) but he is not an anchor on D. JO can swat 3+ times a game. Inside play....neither is a true back to the basket player. KG loves to shoot 20 footers straight up and JO likes to shoot 12 foot fadeaways...but JO is somewhat closer to the hoop than KG.

its all hypothetical of course, a lot can change. We don´t know if KG is available, nor do we know whether Bynum is included in the Indy deal or not. But if I had to give up all pierces for KG then I would rather keep Bynum and get JO and another piece....whether its Artest, Lewis, Kidd or whatever. With Bynum you would still have a top trade value.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby no_dont on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Weezy wrote:Sounds good to me, hopefully it happens.

:man10:

LMMFAO. I knew it was coming yet I still laughed when i reached it
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby dvdrdiscs on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Here is something to ponder. Weren't there reports that Portland has had 2-3 offers for their #1 from teams with a superstar?

Let's say John Ireland heard correctly and we are indeed trying to find a 3-4 team combination trade that would land us KG.

And assuming that the JO isn't all smokescreen. Then maybe we ARE trying to somehow land JO and ship him to Minny (or a 4th team) and somehow get KG back. I highly doubt Portland would trade their #1 for either KG or JO. So the only real possibility is a 3 team trade among LA-MIN-IND. I can't think of a 4th team off the top of my head but if the Lakers can nab JO without giving up Bynum then the groundworks for the 3 team trade could be:

LA gets KG
IND gets Kwame/Odom/#19
MIN gets JO/Bynum/picks
dvdrdiscs

Postby Lex Luther on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:24 pm

popo wrote:that mchale hates us, our best chance of getting him would be if kg opts out after next season and he sign with us for cheaps then we can be like payback mr.ex celtic

So True! Remember how he jacked our attempts to get Tom Gugliotta! Maybe he's learned his lesson.
Lex Luther

Postby Coca Shayne on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:52 pm

dvdrdiscs wrote:Here is something to ponder. Weren't there reports that Portland has had 2-3 offers for their #1 from teams with a superstar?

Let's say John Ireland heard correctly and we are indeed trying to find a 3-4 team combination trade that would land us KG.

And assuming that the JO isn't all smokescreen. Then maybe we ARE trying to somehow land JO and ship him to Minny (or a 4th team) and somehow get KG back. I highly doubt Portland would trade their #1 for either KG or JO. So the only real possibility is a 3 team trade among LA-MIN-IND. I can't think of a 4th team off the top of my head but if the Lakers can nab JO without giving up Bynum then the groundworks for the 3 team trade could be:

LA gets KG
IND gets Kwame/Odom/#19
MIN gets JO/Bynum/picks

Wow.. that actually looks fair on all sides
Coca Shayne

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I wouldn´t mind if Garnett gets traded to Pluto...

at least maybe then, but just maybe people would put down the crack pipe.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby wOlF on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm

i would hesitate if we're giving up both odom and bynum for JO
but i would trade them without a doubt if we get KG
man hope KG steps up his offseason game someday
wOlF

Postby Space_Cadet on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:17 am

KG is weak, he's got the "goin' down with the ship mentality" He's gotta tell McHale that Juwan freakin' Howard & Mark Madsen is not going to do it for them!!! Step up KG & come home to the Lakeshow!
Space_Cadet

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 am

Coca Shayne wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:Here is something to ponder. Weren't there reports that Portland has had 2-3 offers for their #1 from teams with a superstar?

LA gets KG
IND gets Kwame/Odom/#19
MIN gets JO/Bynum/picks

Wow.. that actually looks fair on all sides

I don't know if I would give Odom, Kwame, and Bynum AND #19 for him. That's a lot of holes you are creating in the lineup.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Return to Sourced Rumors