Kidd
13%
Garnett
65%
Artest ?
11%
Big Z
2%
Hold on to expiring contracts in hopes of Yao or Amare?
6%

Total votes : 159

Now kidd?

Postby mrcaramale on Mon May 02, 2005 10:13 am

"Look for the Nets to dangle Kidd, with one possible destination being Los Angeles, where they need another star and someone to get the ball out of Bryant's hands. Lamar Odom, a throw-in like Devean George and a No. 1 pick to get a point guard would give the Nets a nice nucleus to build on for Brooklyn."

Ok would we rather do this or go for Garnett? I say Garnett, only because of Age and Injury history. Look at what the request may be for Garnett!

Don't be surprised to hear Kevin Garnett mumbling about his future address. The rumors around the NBA now are Minnesota would take a Shaq-like deal--three starters and a draft pick--for Garnett.

Which would you rather go for? Kidd or Garnett? Kidd has a history of making teams better with not too much talent around him. KG is the toal package but still hasnt made it happen.
Bumble Bee Tuna... Bumble Bee Tuna!
mrcaramale

Postby Sharpshooter on Mon May 02, 2005 10:18 am

kg no decision to make
Sharpshooter

Postby The Laker Link on Mon May 02, 2005 12:44 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:kg no decision to make
The Laker Link

Postby SOAD on Mon May 02, 2005 1:10 pm

I'm not sure if I would want to trade Odom for Kidd much less throw in a draft pick.
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby mrcaramale on Mon May 02, 2005 2:02 pm

No need to go there, I was merely asking a general question.
mrcaramale

Postby JbOi112 on Mon May 02, 2005 2:02 pm

PegasusKid wrote:I'm not sure if I would want to trade Odom for Kidd much less throw in a draft pick.

^ AGREED. and I like having Garnett > Kidd for some reason. I know Kidd would be able to run our offense for us, but Garnett would give us that frontcourt edge that we desperately need to fill.

Either way, both players are more than a long-shot for the Lakers to get. :man5:
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

Re: Now kidd?

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon May 02, 2005 2:06 pm

mrcaramale wrote:"Look for the Nets to dangle Kidd, with one possible destination being Los Angeles, where they need another star and someone to get the ball out of Bryant's hands. Lamar Odom, a throw-in like Devean George and a No. 1 pick to get a point guard would give the Nets a nice nucleus to build on for Brooklyn."

Ok would we rather do this or go for Garnett? I say Garnett, only because of Age and Injury history. Look at what the request may be for Garnett!

Don't be surprised to hear Kevin Garnett mumbling about his future address. The rumors around the NBA now are Minnesota would take a Shaq-like deal--three starters and a draft pick--for Garnett.

Which would you rather go for? Kidd or Garnett? Kidd has a history of making teams better with not too much talent around him. KG is the toal package but still hasnt made it happen.

Alleyhoops

Postby mrcaramale on Mon May 02, 2005 2:23 pm

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Go halfway down the page, its all in an article from the chicago tribune, they have the link there.
mrcaramale

Re: Now kidd?

Postby trodgers on Mon May 02, 2005 2:50 pm

mrcaramale wrote:"Look for the Nets to dangle Kidd, with one possible destination being Los Angeles, where they need another star and someone to get the ball out of Bryant's hands. Lamar Odom, a throw-in like Devean George and a No. 1 pick to get a point guard would give the Nets a nice nucleus to build on for Brooklyn."

If we gave up Odom, George, and a #1 pick for Kidd, I'd quit watching basketball. Let's get rid of the lone bright spot down low for this team, a future pick, and a solid backup in exchange for an effective but old PG who has had injury problems the past two seasons? You're crazy.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Damian Necronamous on Mon May 02, 2005 3:01 pm

I wouldn't want to give up Odom and our #10 pick for Kidd, simply because he isn't going to make us an ELITE team and he may only have a few years left in him. However, I would be willing to deal say...Odom, Butler, Mihm and George for KG and a couple throw-ins. It won't happen, obviously.

We could have Atkins, Jones and Vlade around Kobe and KG and we would still definitely be a playoff team. Couple that with the fact that we would have the MLE to sign either a big man or a PG and then the #10 pick, and that would be a damn good team.

Get on it Mitch! :man1:
Damian Necronamous

Postby strikemode14 on Mon May 02, 2005 3:03 pm

How about none of the above

Kidd is ageing and the Nets would probaly want to much for him
Minnesota isn't giving up Garnett unless #8 is coming to Minnesota which I don't want to happen.
Artest is crazy and would LA isn't exactly the most calm place in the world. That is like putting gasoline on a fire.
I have to pass on an injury prone overrated Big Z.
Amare and Yao will probaly be restricted so I doubt we will get them.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Lakers1 on Mon May 02, 2005 3:50 pm

JbOi112 wrote:
PegasusKid wrote:I'm not sure if I would want to trade Odom for Kidd much less throw in a draft pick.

^ AGREED. and I like having Garnett > Kidd for some reason. I know Kidd would be able to run our offense for us, but Garnett would give us that frontcourt edge that we desperately need to fill.

Either way, both players are more than a long-shot for the Lakers to get. :man5:

if we get garnett e keep the pick and get felton...we keep caron,get a PG and a big man
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Postby dj vitus on Mon May 02, 2005 3:50 pm

The Laker Link wrote:

Kobe and KG on the same team would rip the NBA a new hole.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby LukeWalton on Mon May 02, 2005 5:51 pm

I dont think Kidd is worth Odom plus the pick. Id love to have him but not worth is a younger player for our future
LukeWalton

Postby shoe on Mon May 02, 2005 5:53 pm

I want KG

give the wolves Grant and benchies
shoe

Postby kobe4ever on Tue May 03, 2005 12:16 am

so about how many percent will KG get traded to any teams ?
( cauz im about to get his jersey )
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

NO WAY!

Postby Guest on Tue May 03, 2005 2:41 am

"Look for the Nets to dangle Kidd, with one possible destination being Los Angeles, where they need another star and someone to get the ball out of Bryant's hands.

Take the ball out of Kobe's hand? and then what? who is doing the shooting? Kidd? HAHAHAHAHA :rudyt:

Postby gill on Tue May 03, 2005 10:00 am

Who voted for Kidd? C'mon now, the man's aging, has bad knees, and a fat contract to boot! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
gill

Postby mrcaramale on Tue May 03, 2005 12:07 pm

gill wrote:Who voted for Kidd? C'mon now, the man's aging, has bad knees, and a fat contract to boot! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Oh, I thought you were talking about Brian Grant! LOL
mrcaramale

Postby eNlight on Tue May 03, 2005 10:32 pm

if we got kidd, wouldn't we just look like the nets with no where to go. kobe sure is better than carter, but we really do need someone large and in charge. so KG :freak2:
eNlight

Postby extreme on Wed May 04, 2005 5:25 am

i think Kidd is too 'old', but KG is already 28, so we should go for a 20-25 year old player
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby Danny on Thu May 05, 2005 2:05 pm

If we trade for Kidd,It would be like whaching the nets from last year.VC=KB.JK=JK.Caron=RJ.
Danny

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 05, 2005 2:15 pm

extreme wrote:i think Kidd is too 'old', but KG is already 28, so we should go for a 20-25 year old player

KG still has a good 8+ solid years left in the tank. Besides, isnt' Kobe already 26? :man4: If KG is made available for trade, I say we go for him by any means necessary (aside from trading Kobe).
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby LakersCourt on Thu May 05, 2005 3:51 pm

Kevin would get along great with Phil. I just have this feeling, plus he and Kobe are the two hardest workers in the off-season, and the 2 best players in the game right now. We need that classic 1-2 punch. I stud from the perimeter(Kobe) one animal who grabs rebounds and blocks shots(Kevin). I am telling you know, If Phil came back, he would have it easier working with Garnett than O'Neal. Seats would be filled to capacity every night, and Kobe would get better looks from the outside, because we would actually have a player that commands a double team again.

Why the hell can't we just do this trade. It's not like we're ripping them off or anything. I mean Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins #10 pick

For Kevin Garnett.

Minnesota improves big time with this trade. They get Odom who is the versatile forward like garnett is.

You get Caron Butler who is going to be an ALL- Star

You get Chucky Akins.....ok next

You get #10 pick in the draft this year- Could be high enough for them to get Ray Felton, and really start again. Since they don't have any draft picks because of the Jow Smith thing, you think they would be all over this.

It works for both parties....why don't the dumbasses see this.
LakersCourt

Postby BuddyList on Thu May 05, 2005 4:00 pm

LakersCourt wrote:Kevin would get along great with Phil. I just have this feeling, plus he and Kobe are the two hardest workers in the off-season, and the 2 best players in the game right now. We need that classic 1-2 punch. I stud from the perimeter(Kobe) one animal who grabs rebounds and blocks shots(Kevin). I am telling you know, If Phil came back, he would have it easier working with Garnett than O'Neal. Seats would be filled to capacity every night, and Kobe would get better looks from the outside, because we would actually have a player that commands a double team again.

Why the hell can't we just do this trade. It's not like we're ripping them off or anything. I mean Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins #10 pick

For Kevin Garnett.

Minnesota improves big time with this trade. They get Odom who is the versatile forward like garnett is.

You get Caron Butler who is going to be an ALL- Star

You get Chucky Akins.....ok next

You get #10 pick in the draft this year- Could be high enough for them to get Ray Felton, and really start again. Since they don't have any draft picks because of the Jow Smith thing, you think they would be all over this.

It works for both parties....why don't the dumbasses see this.

"dumbasses" don't see this because they can get way better for garnett
BuddyList

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors