Odom being shopped now

Odom being shopped now

Postby hiptoclip on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Tony Mejia a newspaper reporter, just stated that the Lakers are shopping Lamar Odom now, to see if they can find a better fit at the 3, (small forward) spot.
What are your thoughts, who can they get for Odom before the trade deadline ???
hiptoclip

 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Odom being shopped now

Postby Jello Jiggler on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 pm

hiptoclip wrote:Tony Mejia a newspaper reporter, just stated that the Lakers are shopping Lamar Odom now, to see if they can find a better fit at the 3, (small forward) spot.
What are your thoughts, who can they get for Odom before the trade deadline ???


LINK Please??
<div><a><img>
<font><u>KoolAvatar.com</u></font></a>
Jello Jiggler

 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:25 am
Location: So Cal

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:34 am

The Lakers aren't shopping a doggone thing. Tony Mejia is full of rubbish.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4609
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Postby Mikedeezy on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:31 am

they better not trade odom.........
Mikedeezy

 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:24 am

I don't wanna hate on Odom, so don't take it like that, but IF they were going to shop him now is the best time. His value is at it's peak for the year right now, he's putting up numbers and his trade value has to be at it's highest. A few weeks ago it was LOW. So IF you're gonna shop him you do it now before he slumps or gets injured.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49736
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Postby Trey24 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:44 am

I would not want to trade Lamar. Hes too silently valuable to us. No one said anything about it but he had a triple double last night. Hes unique and very skilled. ****But I did hear that Vince Carter is available.**** I think that would be a good move for the Lakers to get him. The nets are looking to rebuild and Hopefully Mitch is thinking about Vince Carter
Trey24

 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:33 am

Postby eswank on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 pm

You can't have Carter on the same team as Kobe. Wasn't he the one that trash talked about Kobe scoring 81 on the Raptors a few years back?
eswank

 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 am

Postby Six_Six_One on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

If the Lakers were shopping Odom it better not be for some out of control player like Vince Carter. If anything, there are the Tayshaun Prince's, the Josh Smith's, etc. of the league that can really play defense and are good at what they do. But as for trading Lamar, I don't think it's necessary. Ariza and Bynum have yet to come back and we should see what happens there and look at our roster in the off season. There's no reason we should toggle with our entire core when we are on a roll. It just messes things up and is illogical.
User avatar
Six_Six_One

 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Postby sleepin4matty on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:26 pm

eswank wrote:You can't have Carter on the same team as Kobe. Wasn't he the one that trash talked about Kobe scoring 81 on the Raptors a few years back?


Just say no to VC. For him to play well he HAD to get a cortisone shot in his ankle. That is a big red flag to me. That most likely means he will need surgery soon to repair ligaments in that ankle. It would be nice to have another guy that can focus on scoring but I would be more supportive of a player willing to do the little things (Ariza). Since we already have that guy I don't think we need to get rid of Odom.
sleepin4matty

 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:16 am

Postby D1ZzY24 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:54 pm

I doubt that he is being shopped. Not saying that the front office is not listening to proposals, but I think Odom stays a Laker at least for the rest of this season. He has been very solid since the acquisition of Gasol and I am sure the FO is very aware of that.
User avatar
D1ZzY24

 
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Postby sleepin4matty on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 pm

D1ZzY24 wrote:I doubt that he is being shopped. Not saying that the front office is not listening to proposals, but I think Odom stays a Laker at least for the rest of this season. He has been very solid since the acquisition of Gasol and I am sure the FO is very aware of that.


I'd be very surprised if Odom was traded (this season or next) unless we markedly improve (see: Gasol Trade). He has repeatedly stated his desire to retire a Laker. He even went as far as saying that he may retire when his contract is up.
sleepin4matty

 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:16 am

Postby D1ZzY24 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 pm

sleepin4matty wrote:
D1ZzY24 wrote:I doubt that he is being shopped. Not saying that the front office is not listening to proposals, but I think Odom stays a Laker at least for the rest of this season. He has been very solid since the acquisition of Gasol and I am sure the FO is very aware of that.


I'd be very surprised if Odom was traded (this season or next) unless we markedly improve (see: Gasol Trade). He has repeatedly stated his desire to retire a Laker. He even went as far as saying that he may retire when his contract is up.
I just think his contract is to big for this team since Lamar is now a 4th option. Behind Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol.
User avatar
D1ZzY24

 
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Postby ObamaFan on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:14 pm

The team chemistry is great right now. Odom is fine at the 3, and is so veratile and unselfish as a player it works out great. Not to mention he can do the intangibles now like rebounding passing, and he doesn't have to worry about being more agressive in terms of getting his points.

Lamar's additude is great, and I am glad he is a Laker. The only thing I don't like about is his contract. If we could resign him for say 7 million a year, I would be much happier.
ObamaFan

 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Postby hiptoclip on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:24 pm

From CBS Sportsline's Tony Mejia

Most interesting among the rumors heard Wednesday while chasing down the Kidd particulars was the one that involves the Lakers perhaps having one more move up their sleeve. It seems that despite his steady play, L.A. might have a desire for a more conventional small forward, dangling Lamar Odom in the process. Although Odom is having a terrific impact playing alongside Gasol, a source told CBSSports.com that another move could be in the works. Completely throwing it out there, but it would be interesting if the Jazz would set aside the stigma of dealing with a conference rival if it meant trading Andrei Kirilenko and saving on paying a couple of extra years of his large salary.
hiptoclip

 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Postby D1ZzY24 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 pm

hiptoclip wrote:From CBS Sportsline's Tony Mejia

Most interesting among the rumors heard Wednesday while chasing down the Kidd particulars was the one that involves the Lakers perhaps having one more move up their sleeve. It seems that despite his steady play, L.A. might have a desire for a more conventional small forward, dangling Lamar Odom in the process. Although Odom is having a terrific impact playing alongside Gasol, a source told CBSSports.com that another move could be in the works. Completely throwing it out there, but it would be interesting if the Jazz would set aside the stigma of dealing with a conference rival if it meant trading Andrei Kirilenko and saving on paying a couple of extra years of his large salary.
Not going to happen. Not after his resurgance since Gasol joined the team.
User avatar
D1ZzY24

 
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Postby Telephone Guru on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:07 pm

I doubt they move Odom before they have a chance to see how the team gels. If it gels REALLY well, we have a fantastic starting five.
User avatar
Telephone Guru

 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: USA

Postby Miggs on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:44 pm

We are paying Lamar a good amount of money to be a 4th option but last season he was the 2nd so with the emergence of Bynum as a dominant young center in the west and the new acquisition of Gasol, I think we should re-sign Odom. I KNEW he'd be a better player once pressure was taken off him. That's all he needs, no pressure and we've all seen how great the Lakers can play when Odom plays the way he has been.

I think we have an AMAZING team and that we can contend for a title THIS YEAR! sounds dreamy but with our play w/o Bynum & Ariza we've done well. Now with those guys back in, damn we can be destroying the west. I think we should re-sign Odom for less money, like 6-7 mil tops! and make NO MORE TRADES. If anything, lets bring in ppl thru free agency altho i honestly do think our team is set! :man1:
MIGGS
Miggs

 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:22 am
Location: Reseda, Ca

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:47 pm

We will not ship Lamar for another player who makes similar money...

no 4th option in the NBA is worth 15 mio. or anything in that area...

we need a role player with a relatively cheap contract. Trading Lamar has to bring some cap relief, otherwise it makes no sense unless that 4th player is another bonafide star and we pretty much lock the next 5 championships.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby TWO3 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:02 pm

NO to VC and Kirilenko
User avatar
TWO3

 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: NorCal

Postby Radner on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Dunleavy, Battier, or Miller are the only guys I'm willing to trade Odom for.

Dunleavy is a offensive player who can bring defense when he wants to.

Battier is not a scorer but rather a shooter who has tremendous defensive abilities.

Miller is a mixture of both players. Unfortunately, I don't think Memphis will be trading with us any time soon.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

Postby deal on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Miller & change; but a :smoker: ; at the most...
deal

 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 am

Postby Jajwa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm

To be honest Odom doesn't even play at the elbow all that often so offensively it won't be a huge change.
Jajwa

 
Posts: 2160
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:47 pm

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 am

to the ones that think Odom will resign for 7/8 mill you must be smoking some good stuff. He wont even be 30 by the time his contract is up, theres plenty of teams out there willing to shell out 10+ for his service. I think the ideal SF is J. Smith, but I think with his #'s this year he'll probably demand MAX but if he was willing to accept a sign and trade say the one Odom signed 6/60 mill, Id take that in a heart beat.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Postby LVLAKERFAN on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:59 pm

khmrP wrote:to the ones that think Odom will resign for 7/8 mill you must be smoking some good stuff. He wont even be 30 by the time his contract is up, theres plenty of teams out there willing to shell out 10+ for his service. I think the ideal SF is J. Smith, but I think with his #'s this year he'll probably demand MAX but if he was willing to accept a sign and trade say the one Odom signed 6/60 mill, Id take that in a heart beat.


I think he will. In order for him too get 10 Million a team still has to be under the Cap.

If there are 3 teams under the Cap and 4 players that are better than Odom and Free Agents, it's very likely we can sign him for 7-8 Million since 90% of the other teams would only be able to offer the MLE.

But I think he might retire. He has his Car Wash Business in LA and I don't think he would want to leave. He's actually looking like he's having fun again since we are winning and there isn't that much focus on him to score 20 Points a game. 46 Million 5 year Deal would be the Max I would give him.
"Baron Davis is a good friend of mine, Carlos Boozer is a good friend of mine, Ron Artest is someone I've known since I was a kid … those are guys we could've gotten," Bryant said. "For whatever reason, it didn't happen."
LVLAKERFAN

 
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Postby PnOySneakerBoi24 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:40 pm

not with the way hes been plaYING
Image
User avatar
PnOySneakerBoi24

 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Walnut

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.