Odom to Golden State

Odom to Golden State

Postby Shaolin's Finest on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 pm

It was on the radio, and I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me.

Anyways, Lakers and Warriors are/were in talks of sending Odom, Luke, Farmar to Golden State in exchange for Jackson/Harrington/Williams.

I don't know how credible this is. Again, this was from the radio. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard similar reports?
Shaolin's Finest

Re: Odom to Golden State

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:11 pm

lies
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Crispy on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Hell no.. Farmar's better than any of those players we're getting.
Crispy

Postby DarKarTs on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 am

Yeah, I don't know about odom going to the warriors for that... not to mention farmar ..... I think with those two in the deal you have to throw in some young talent, Brandon Wright anyone? Sorry I might've sounded stupid there but yeah.
DarKarTs

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 am

Crispy wrote:Hell no.. Farmar's better than any of those players we're getting.

Let's not get carried away. Stephen Jackson, while a chucker, is a very very good player.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:16 am

[quote="DarKarTs"]Yeah, I don't know about odom going to the warriors for that... not to mention farmar ..... I think with those two in the deal you have to throw in some young talent, Brandon Wright anyone? Sorry I might've sounded stupid there but yeah.[/quote]

YOu dont sound stupid. Its an awful trade in my opinion and I cant see Kupchak going for it at all. If this trade were to be real, it would have to involve some more talent coming the Lakers way. The reason is Farmar not Odom. Odom has been playing well lately but if Kupchak were to come to the conclusion that Stephen Jackson or Al Harrington would be a better SF for the Lakers, I would understand.

In my opinion Farmar will be a 17ppg/7apg player. As a matter of fact, if he didnt have to compete with Fisher, he could be that player this year. Its hard to come by point guards with that potential.
pureuncut100

Postby Ubershorty on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 am

Jackson and Harrington would destroy the chemistry of the team. Jackson is worse than an Artest right now because Artest wants a ring, Jackson just wants money. And Odom and Farmar are really good, why would we give them up for Jackson, Harrington and williams?
Ubershorty

Postby MagicIS350 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 pm

lol.. what radio station were you listening to? the one in your head? :D
GO LAKERS!!!
MagicIS350

Postby prudy1 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:32 pm

That same radio station also had a rumor that the Lakers were looking into trading Andrew Bynum for Greg Odom straight up and Kobe for Lebron straight up. I even heard the Lakers were thinking of moving to Las Vegas. :man13:
prudy1

Postby GinoDB on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 am

lol, if Farmar and Luke were not in there, I might have played along

but there is no way we trade Farmar (unless its for a PG better clearly than Farmar)

and Phil will be against trading Luke unless its an absolute highway robbery type of deal.
GinoDB

Postby Shortodom on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:35 pm

what williams?
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby methodxs on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:08 am

im assuming he meant marcus williams, who in my opinion is trash.
methodxs

Postby kwangbin on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:41 pm

all i know is methodxs has no idea what he is talking about. =)
kwangbin

Postby THE_DAGGER on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:42 pm

I'd do it. I'm a little weary about the Farmar for Williams aspect. But, you have to give to get. While Farmar has shown more signs of his potential, Williams can still pan out. And when you put it into perspective, both players are more for the "future". We can all agree that this Laker team is playing for "now".

When you get to the other players in the deal, I think Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington are a better fits for the triangle and better fits for a championship than Lamar and Luke.

Stephen Jackson has the skills to play 1-5 in the triangle offense. He can defend 1-3, and even some 4's. Personally, with his ballhandling and passing ability, I would want him to play the 1 for us. Ron Harper comes to mind when I think of Stephen Jackson's potential role for us.

If you're comparing Harrington and Lamar in general, Lamar would probably get the nod as the better player. But, if you're comparing Harrington and Lamar for what our team needs at this point, I'm going to have to go with Harrington. Harrington can fill the role of small ball PF in our second unit better than Lamar. Harrington is the shooting and scoring threat that Lamar isn't.

If you thought we had depth now, What do you think of this second unit:

PG: Jackson
SG: Sasha
SF: Ariza
PF: Harrington
C: Bynum or Pau

But, above all else Jackson and Harrington provide the experience, clutch play, and most importantly, toughness that this team still evidently needs.
THE_DAGGER

Location: Pittsburg, CA (yes, without the "h" and yes, in CA)

Postby Larry14r on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:51 pm

THE_DAGGER wrote:I'd do it. I'm a little weary about the Farmar for Williams aspect. But, you have to give to get. While Farmar has shown more signs of his potential, Williams can still pan out. And when you put it into perspective, both players are more for the "future". We can all agree that this Laker team is playing for "now".

When you get to the other players in the deal, I think Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington are a better fits for the triangle and better fits for a championship than Lamar and Luke.

Stephen Jackson has the skills to play 1-5 in the triangle offense. He can defend 1-3, and even some 4's. Personally, with his ballhandling and passing ability, I would want him to play the 1 for us. Ron Harper comes to mind when I think of Stephen Jackson's potential role for us.

If you're comparing Harrington and Lamar in general, Lamar would probably get the nod as the better player. But, if you're comparing Harrington and Lamar for what our team needs at this point, I'm going to have to go with Harrington. Harrington can fill the role of small ball PF in our second unit better than Lamar. Harrington is the shooting and scoring threat that Lamar isn't.

If you thought we had depth now, What do you think of this second unit:

PG: Jackson
SG: Sasha
SF: Ariza
PF: Harrington
C: Bynum or Pau

But, above all else Jackson and Harrington provide the experience, clutch play, and most importantly, toughness that this team still evidently needs.

What makes you think Golden State helps us for and besides Golden State is nothing without Stephen Jackson and the #'s don't lie.
Larry14r

Postby topballa90 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

New Info
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10635
Lamar Odom for Al Harrington

This one gives the Warriors a veteran for now and cap space to resume their youth movement (I guess that's what they're doing) this summer. It also gives the Lakers a premier talent coming off the bench who won't complain about his role. Some reports out of LA have Odom starting to feel disgruntled already. If suitable terms could be put together this helps both squads.
topballa90

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

topballa90 wrote:New Info

This one gives the Warriors a veteran for now and cap space to resume their youth movement (I guess that's what they're doing) this summer. It also gives the Lakers a premier talent coming off the bench who won't complain about his role. Some reports out of LA have Odom starting to feel disgruntled already. If suitable terms could be put together this helps both squads.

I have a better chance of making becoming the next Tupac. L.A. will NOT take on salary. Besides, we get killed on talent. Odom >>>>>> Harrington.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
topballa90 wrote:New Info

I have a better chance of making becoming the next Tupac. L.A. will NOT take on salary. Besides, we get killed on talent. Odom >>>>>> Harrington.

Yep. Garbage rumor. Next.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Return to Sourced Rumors