Odom possibe trade

Re: Odom possibe trade

Postby knm131 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:48 pm

^ Yeah seriously.

DIdn't Mitch know that with hindsight, you can make ALL the right choices.

What a moron.
knm131

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:39 pm

We aren't trading Odom. We can't afford to take on salary with Bynum's extension and Farmar's upcoming one.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 pm

borri wrote:
live and die in LA wrote:I think we have to take what we get with Odom this year and then just let him walk in free agency. With the money we are paying Kobe-Gasol-Bynum I dont see how we can afford to resign Odom. Farmar and Ariza are up for free agency, we will certainly keep both of them. There is no way we can get any team to take Luke off our hands.

Man no freakin' doubt! :bang: :bang: :bang:

What the hell was Mitch thinking? Really? Geezus.

Yea, it was a bad move. I didnt care that much about Luke get the MLE, it was that he got the max MLE for 5 years. We give Sasha a 3 year deal but Luke a 5 year deal? It was a bad move but I cant complain about Mitch.
live and die in LA

Postby The LeBrons on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 pm

revgen wrote:
borri wrote:
GinoDB wrote:I think we should worry about it in the offseason, unless Lamar becomes an obvious distraction , which I don't think he is that type of person

Waiting til the off-season = LO can walk without us getting ANYTHING in return. That's the problem....unless LO wants to re-sign NOW at a much cheaper price AND come off the bench in a 6th man role for the rest of his career....in a Laker uniform.

If we plan to re-sign LO, we MUST do it NOW. Can't wait til the off-season. It's asinine to wait til the off-season.

Kwame's 9 mil expiring got us Pau. LO has a 14 mil expiring.......Think about that. No way in hell we wait til the off-season.

The trade deadline is Feb. So I am pretty DAMN sure the FO is discussing this possibility.

The Lakers are probably eager to unload Odom's salary. They can't do that by trading him. Letting him go is the only way.

I hope they'd atleast trade him for a draft pick/young guy+expiring. Dump him in NY for their 1st rounder?
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby blakeruns on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 pm

odom for marion was discussed as a very real in season possibility on BSPN a week ago or so.
i forget who mentioned it, likely SAS, but it couldve been Aldrige or someone else.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Samarian on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm

blakeruns wrote:odom for marion was discussed as a very real in season possibility on BSPN a week ago or so.
i forget who mentioned it, likely SAS, but it couldve been Aldrige or someone else.

I like Odom on the 2nd line....I feel that our team is ok the way it is now.
Can't stop, Won't stop chingy and dem gunnaz cause we, we get down baby we get down, girls them girls they love us.
Samarian

Postby yame on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:26 pm

Samarian wrote:I agree with KB24... I think we should probably move him... I wish we could get a Josh Smith type player back for him...

I would kill to have Josh Smith. Talk about a defense front line. :man4:
yame

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Can we either lock this or move it?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DMK on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:49 pm

i think with the talented starting lineup we have now its best for lamar to get his coming off the bench. with lamar in the starting lineup beside kobe, bynum and gasol it would only diminish the output that lamar is capable of bringing to the game.

coming off the bench allows us to have another all around talented leader to guide the 2nd unit and thus enabling lamar's full potential to shine.

kudos to p-jax for sticking with this. lamar should be starving for that 6th man award, that type of mindset from him would only make us better.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:51 pm

DMK wrote:i think with the talented starting lineup we have now its best for lamar to get his coming off the bench. with lamar in the starting lineup beside kobe, bynum and gasol it would only diminish the output that lamar is capable of bringing to the game.

coming off the bench allows us to have another all around talented leader to guide the 2nd unit and thus enabling lamar's full potential to shine.

kudos to p-jax for sticking with this. lamar should be starving for that 6th man award, that type of mindset from him would only make us better.

For the team it's best to find the fits. We have two bigs in the starting line-up, so we give them a shooter to work with. Lamar then comes off the bench in a fast paced unit, which is also where Ariza shines.

We CANNOT trade Lamar. We can't take on salary after signing Drew, and it's obvious Farmar will be sticking around for a while. Having Odom in a contract year off the bench is a luxury EVERY TEAM would LOVE to have.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
DMK wrote:i think with the talented starting lineup we have now its best for lamar to get his coming off the bench. with lamar in the starting lineup beside kobe, bynum and gasol it would only diminish the output that lamar is capable of bringing to the game.

For the team it's best to find the fits. We have two bigs in the starting line-up, so we give them a shooter to work with. Lamar then comes off the bench in a fast paced unit, which is also where Ariza shines.

We CANNOT trade Lamar. We can't take on salary after signing Drew, and it's obvious Farmar will be sticking around for a while. Having Odom in a contract year off the bench is a luxury EVERY TEAM would LOVE to have.

I've been saying it buddy, but no one listens.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KGB on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Joe_Blow wrote:No way I want LO traded right now. He's earning his keep in entertainment value alone.

The quick pass to Sasha off the bench in game 1.

The pass and immediate re-pass to Trevor in game 2.

Odom's had me in stitches for two games in a row. Not only do you get to watch the team arse woop the opposition, but you get comedic relief and a good laugh as well? That's worth the salary right there. :man9:
Don't forget about how he completely toyed with the clips when he got a rebound, dribbled between his legs all the way out near the 3 on the baseline, then penetrates again and gives a behind the back pass to mihm for the lay in. I'm all for keeping the goods as long as our FO makes the numbers work. He's the most unappreciated player on our team.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby knm131 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

I've been saying it buddy, but no one listens.

I've been saying this for well over a year as well. But for some reason people STILL think Odom can be moved for Josh Smith because "Buss said he'd pay money for a contender".

*sigh*

Then they bash on Luke and say he's the worst player in civilization, and then think we can trade the worst player in civilization for someone that can help us (yeah. a real headscratcher).

*sigh*
knm131

Postby trodgers on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

A mod opened this thread. So if you have an issue with where it is, keep it to yourself. Thanks, guys.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:06 pm

^Mod Power for the Win....

LO ain't goin nowhere. If we are winning the Lakers would be stupid to mess with chemistry.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:12 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^Mod Power for the Win....

LO ain't goin nowhere. If we are winning the Lakers would be stupid to mess with chemistry.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby doodleee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Who would you rather have Hinrich or Marion? plus cut it out with the don't mess with the chemistry stuff.. Red Sox traded Manny even though they were still good and played even better after that. sports is part of business the Lakers have a lot of depth so by now they should expect one of there guys to be traded at some point so no chemistry nonsense.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:37 pm

doodleee wrote:Who would you rather have Hinrich or Marion? plus cut it out with the don't mess with the chemistry stuff.. Red Sox traded Manny even though they were still good and played even better after that. sports is part of business the Lakers have a lot of depth so by now they should expect one of there guys to be traded at some point so no chemistry nonsense.

That makes no sense whatsoever... This is basketball first of all, not baseball. Chemistry doesn't mean anything? Look what happened when Shaq hit the Suns? Or Jason Kidd hit the Mavs?

Please
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby doodleee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:That makes no sense whatsoever... This is basketball first of all, not baseball. Chemistry doesn't mean anything? Look what happened when Shaq hit the Suns? Or Jason Kidd hit the Mavs?

Pleasep

Yeah but those teams were already in the down-side and they wanted to go all in considering Nash was 35 and the Mavericks were becoming old. Kirk Hinrich is a good piece to have present and long-term. any way it doesn't really matter but don't think the Lakers aren't gonna try to move Odom.. especially since either Odom or Ariza will not be with us next season and I will bet my money on Ariza being with us long-term then Odom.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:57 pm

doodleee wrote:
therealdeal wrote:That makes no sense whatsoever... This is basketball first of all, not baseball. Chemistry doesn't mean anything? Look what happened when Shaq hit the Suns? Or Jason Kidd hit the Mavs?

Pleasep

Yeah but those teams were already in the down-side and they wanted to go all in considering Nash was 35 and the Mavericks were becoming old. Kirk Hinrich is a good piece to have present and long-term. any way it doesn't really matter but don't think the Lakers aren't gonna try to move Odom.. especially since either Odom or Ariza will not be with us next season and I will bet my money on Ariza being with us long-term then Odom.

Then let him walk, he's doing great things for us right now and if he walks we clear some much needed cap space.

Think of it this way : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Our team looks great, why change anything if it's working as well as it is? You don't.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 pm

doodleee wrote:Who would you rather have Hinrich or Marion? plus cut it out with the don't mess with the chemistry stuff.. Red Sox traded Manny even though they were still good and played even better after that. sports is part of business the Lakers have a lot of depth so by now they should expect one of there guys to be traded at some point so no chemistry nonsense.

First of all the Red sox lost in the playoffs because they didnt have manny.

Secondly, baseball is completely different and more of an individual sport.

Third, its rare a player can come in during the season and pick up the triangle offense easily. Pau is a rarity and has excellent b-ball IQ.

Fourth, this isnt NBA live. There is a thing called a salary cap, we cant afford to take on any more money after the Bynum deal. Especially with Ariza and Farmar up for extensions.
live and die in LA

Postby doodleee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:14 pm

You can take on any money as long as you pay the luxury tax.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:16 pm

doodleee wrote:You can take on any money as long as you pay the luxury tax.

We can talk about all the trades and money we want, but we aren't Dr. Buss.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby doodleee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Dr. Buss isn't cheap if he was he wouldn't take on Gasol's salary. go tell the Bulls fan why they don't have Gasol they will point to their owner.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 pm

doodleee wrote:Dr. Buss isn't cheap if he was he wouldn't take on Gasol's salary. go tell the Bulls fan why they don't have Gasol they will point to their owner.

It has nothing to do with cheap. Buss is already paying a lot with Bynum Gasol and Kobe. There's absolutely no room for another trade. This team is perfect right now the way it is. Get used to it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors