Odom possibe trade

Re: Odom possibe trade

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 pm

doodleee wrote:Who would you rather have Hinrich or Marion? plus cut it out with the don't mess with the chemistry stuff.. Red Sox traded Manny even though they were still good and played even better after that. sports is part of business the Lakers have a lot of depth so by now they should expect one of there guys to be traded at some point so no chemistry nonsense.

What the hell are you talking about? I will make it simple for you. Teams don't just make trades to make them. If the Lakers are 10 man deep team that has a 2nd unit as good as most teams first unit then they WILL NOT trade any of the pieces. The key is for them to WIN and put butts in the seat. As someone said earlier every team in the NBA would love to have the Lakers problems with have LO come off of the bench and our depth.

Oh, yeah you have to be right who cares about that chemistry nonsense? Only idiots would say you have to have that in a team game. I mean what moron would think that chemistry would matter to a team trying to win a championship. What was I thinking? Thanks man your BBall IQ has set me straight. :bang:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby doodleee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:36 pm

Therealdeal sure I will. I love this team as it is..... but that doesn't mean I don't welcome a trade. It's not like I created this thread a mod did and it makes it more likely the Information is more true.. so prepare for a trade but continue to support this team.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:13 am

doodleee wrote:Therealdeal sure I will. I love this team as it is..... but that doesn't mean I don't welcome a trade. It's not like I created this thread a mod did and it makes it more likely the Information is more true.. so prepare for a trade but continue to support this team.

I will prepare for a trade when the team starts losing, and I will support this team until my old a** dies. There will be no trade until it becomes necessary. Don't expect anything until this team starts losing, and be ready if and when this team doesn't trade anyone.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:13 am

Now that they know how much they're paying Bynum and they have a ballpark idea of what it will take to keep Ariza and Farmar, they are definitely going to let LO walk. Even at 8m/year, that's still too much for a bench player and I can't see that the team has any interest in taking salary back for him. That last is a function of the fact that LO's salary on the books is 14.1m though they are actually only paying him 11.1m.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby doodleee on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:17 am

therealdeal wrote:I will prepare for a trade when the team starts losing, and I will support this team until my old a** dies. There will be no trade until it becomes necessary. Don't expect anything until this team starts losing, and be ready if and when this team doesn't trade anyone.

This team is not gonna loss so we will do a trade when we're at a high level. I'm ready for anything thats why I'm ready for a trade.
doodleee

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 am

doodleee wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I will prepare for a trade when the team starts losing, and I will support this team until my old a** dies. There will be no trade until it becomes necessary. Don't expect anything until this team starts losing, and be ready if and when this team doesn't trade anyone.

This team is not gonna loss so we will do a trade when we're at a high level. I'm ready for anything thats why I'm ready for a trade.

Honestly answer this question rationally.

Why would we change the team, if the team is working so well right now?

To make it better? How can you be sure? Adding a new element to a team is never guaranteed, and creates many issues, especially with a team that runs the triangle offense.
With Lamar on this team, if either of our two big men go down we have another person who can start at the four.

there is no real reason to trade Lamar except for the sake of trading.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kush327 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 am

The management should do everything possible to resign Lamar at a reasonable price.
He's an integral part of the team because he's still the best rebounder we have by far and he's one of the best rebounders in the league.
Kush327

Postby Phatal FaZe on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 am

Well Ron Artest will be available in the offseason although I find it unlikely that he'd choose to leave Houston unless something bad went down there this season.

We're kind of in a bad spot. This is a team that needs to win now. We can't afford to let Odom walk and just sit on salary space for a couple of years until an SF is available. If we let him walk we need to have an SF in mind that we know we can get or we need to resign him.

I actually love Odom in his bench role. But 14 mil for that is to much.
Phatal FaZe

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:05 am

Phatal FaZe wrote:Well Ron Artest will be available in the offseason although I find it unlikely that he'd choose to leave Houston unless something bad went down there this season.

We're kind of in a bad spot. This is a team that needs to win now. We can't afford to let Odom walk and just sit on salary space for a couple of years until an SF is available. If we let him walk we need to have an SF in mind that we know we can get or we need to resign him.

I actually love Odom in his bench role. But 14 mil for that is to much.

You do mean PF right?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ramballa on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Who wants to bet... Odom will sign with the clippers next year? :man1:
Ramballa

Postby drxslam on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:49 pm

1. Odom gives us a bench unit that can compete with many first units. This allows us to play games at a constant high level, which has led to 3 victories to start the season, 2 of which were blowouts. He's the cornerstone of our depth.

2. Odom is an insurance that if either Gasol or Bynum gets injured (I hope they don't, obviously), he can step in and we still have a very good team.

3. If Odom is traded now and we don't win the championship, the FO, and Mitch in particular, will be looked upon as complete morons for the rest of their career.
"There'd be blood on the floor by the end," says Winter, who has coached them both.
drxslam

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Unless Denver wants to offer up Melo you don't trade Lamar. By moving him to the bench what you now have is basically a bench unit that could start for most teams. Lamar is better suited to an uptempo lineup anyways and with the second unit he has more freedom to do that. This Laker team will beat teams simply by wearing them out. Typically teams would make a big run with Kobe out but with this team it will be tough. A second unit of Farmar, Sasha, Ariza, Odom and either Bynum or Gasol is a really solid unit. You have shooters in Farmar and Sasha (and Ariza if he keeps it up), Slasher's in Ariza and Odom and a post presence in either Bynum or Gasol. Even Lamar can post. Lamar can play multiple positions and either up tempo at the PF or slow down at the SF. As 6th man he is as good as any.

Only trade I would consider would be something involving Luke or Vlad, though Vlad fits with the first unit well. Or if someone really wants to start over I trade Lamar for a blue chip type of player. I am sure the Melo reference got some chuckles but if they keep losing maybe Denver wants to rethink what they are doing. Trading Melo for Lamar gives them cap space immediately and all but ensures them of a poor season/high draft pick.
cthroatgtr

Postby mapabu1 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Considering the way the team looks it is highly unlikely he gets traded. Now considering the money Bynum is getting and Gasol is getting and Kobe will require when he more than likely opts out, Odom is probably going to walk or involve in a sign-and trade for a pick of some kind
mapabu1

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Three easy points to end the thread.

1.) You don't have a better back-up big in the league than Odom.
2.) This team cannot afford to take on more salary.
3.) Odom is an expiring contract.

HE IS STAYING.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby yame on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:45 pm

I would only trade Odom for Artest or Marion. But I gotta admit it's nice having Odom come off the bench because he can fill the 3 to 5 spot in case the starters are in foul trouble.
yame

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 pm

yame wrote:But I gotta admit it's nice having Odom come off the bench because he can fill the 3 to 5 spot in case the starters are in foul trouble.

Which is why he won't be dealt.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
yame wrote:But I gotta admit it's nice having Odom come off the bench because he can fill the 3 to 5 spot in case the starters are in foul trouble.

Which is why he won't be dealt.

I really wish there were more Luke Trade threads than Odom threads, honestly. I like LO. Luke, not so much.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Billy on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:12 am

Before we trade Odom, I want to see how he fits in place of Vlad.... I would like to see Odom starting for 10 games or so and bringing Vlad off the bench...
Billy

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors