Odom possibe trade

Odom possibe trade

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:10 pm

I was watching sportcenter the other day or maybe it was fast reak. anwyay found it interesting that Smith when talking about the lakers at the end of his segement mention that Odom was PISSED at Jackson and it may lead to him being traded.

I hadn't heard this anywhere else. Is there any other media covering this possibly?
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Re: Odom possibe trade

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:19 pm

I haven't heard that at all. Obviously he hasn't looked exstatic about the bench, but he looks like he's been having fun out there. Besides if you're talking about Stephen Smith, then I welcome it, because he is almost always wrong.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby knm131 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Ahhhh ... so dramatic. "Odom, possible trade".

And then I click in, and it's like, I think I heard Stephen Smith say Lamar got made and COULD be traded. LOL.
knm131

Postby KB24 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:35 pm

Odom isn't worth 14 mio. right now...

he is coming off the bench playing 20 something minutes, his impact is limited and his numbers will be even more limited this year...if I could grab a better starting SF, I would definitely consider trading him.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Samarian on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:38 pm

I agree with KB24... I think we should probably move him... I wish we could get a Josh Smith type player back for him...
Can't stop, Won't stop chingy and dem gunnaz cause we, we get down baby we get down, girls them girls they love us.
Samarian

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:40 pm

nb4
phoenixrisingla

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:nb4

Considering that a mod just opened the thread - it would be safe to say that this one was misused.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby extreme on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:48 pm

Yeah 14mil for this i don't think so... KB24 is correct...

but who can we get? Richard Jefferson?
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Samarian wrote:I agree with KB24... I think we should probably move him... I wish we could get a Josh Smith type player back for him...

couldn't really get a Josh Smith for Lamar. I don't think we should move him. It's just not a great idea. He glues our depth together much too well. Take him out and see how our depth crumbles.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:55 pm

^the only reason why I have to agree with you is Odom's versatility...given his ability to play in the front court as well as the back-court gives us tremendous flexibility to adjust to any type of team.

But considering how much luxery tax we pay, Buss sure is considering to cut Odom after the season...because we cannot afford to have such an expensive bench.

Odom 14 mio.
Walton 5 mio.
Sasha 5 mio.
Ariza (will need extension)
Farmar (will need extension)

so we might end up having 40 mi0. salary annually for our bench...thats too much. And if we trade Odom for another SF, then add Radmans 6 mio. to the bench and an Odom like salary to the starting lineup...bench gets cheaper but starting 5 goes through the roof.

It sure as hell is a relevant topic that is probably discussed every day in Mitch's office.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GinoDB on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm

I think we should worry about it in the offseason, unless Lamar becomes an obvious distraction , which I don't think he is that type of person
GinoDB

Postby d33pzone on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:06 pm

That is like, no. Stephen A. Smith was probably speculating. I haven't heard or seen any news about that.
d33pzone

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:12 pm

I haven't heard anything on this either, but you never know. What year have they NOT discussed trading Odom, just comes with each year. I think he's playing very well in his new role. Yeah, he makes 14 mil, but he's an expiring, if you trade him for comparable salary you aren't saving any money, you're taking on more. Who knows, maybe he'll stay and take less money in the summer. I think if you were gonna trade Odom for anyone it was Artest and that ship has sailed. But, in the end of course if you can get a very good player for him you do it, I trust the front office.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby knm131 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Not sure why the Lakers would look to move Lamar at this point. If you move Lamar with an average differential of 29 PPG, and then don't win the whole thing -- it's going to be the talk of the town.
knm131

Postby lotus on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:25 pm

Thread title is misleading.

If SS said it, he's probably just stirring up a story so that he looks like he's got the inside scoop.
lotus

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 pm

We really cant afford to trade him. We need his expiring contract so we can let him walk and we can resign Ariza and Farmar.

The Gasol-Bynum-Odom rotation is great right now. I think Odom is fine with it and he knows he has a chance at 6th man of the year.
live and die in LA

Postby knm131 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm gonna start a new thread.

"Bynum - possibe trade" and say I heard some guy at lunch today talking about it and has anyone seen any mention to it in the media? Haha
knm131

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:37 pm

If Odom is mad about coming off the bench, he hasn't shown it in the last 2 games. He's been smiling and celebrating on the bench and seems to be having fun.

Seems like speculation on SAS's part.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:38 pm

knm131 wrote:I'm gonna start a new thread.

"Bynum - possibe trade" and say I heard some guy at lunch today talking about it and has anyone seen any mention to it in the media? Haha

This wasnt just some random guy mentioning it, It was on NBA fastbreak.
live and die in LA

Postby borri on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:54 pm

GinoDB wrote:I think we should worry about it in the offseason, unless Lamar becomes an obvious distraction , which I don't think he is that type of person

Waiting til the off-season = LO can walk without us getting ANYTHING in return. That's the problem....unless LO wants to re-sign NOW at a much cheaper price AND come off the bench in a 6th man role for the rest of his career....in a Laker uniform.

If we plan to re-sign LO, we MUST do it NOW. Can't wait til the off-season. It's asinine to wait til the off-season.

Kwame's 9 mil expiring got us Pau. LO has a 14 mil expiring.......Think about that. No way in hell we wait til the off-season.

The trade deadline is Feb. So I am pretty DAMN sure the FO is discussing this possibility.
borri

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:05 pm

borri wrote:
GinoDB wrote:I think we should worry about it in the offseason, unless Lamar becomes an obvious distraction , which I don't think he is that type of person

Waiting til the off-season = LO can walk without us getting ANYTHING in return. That's the problem....unless LO wants to re-sign NOW at a much cheaper price AND come off the bench in a 6th man role for the rest of his career....in a Laker uniform.

If we plan to re-sign LO, we MUST do it NOW. Can't wait til the off-season. It's asinine to wait til the off-season.

Kwame's 9 mil expiring got us Pau. LO has a 14 mil expiring.......Think about that. No way in hell we wait til the off-season.

The trade deadline is Feb. So I am pretty DAMN sure the FO is discussing this possibility.

The Lakers are probably eager to unload Odom's salary. They can't do that by trading him. Letting him go is the only way.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby borri on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:07 pm

revgen wrote:
borri wrote:

The Lakers are probably eager to unload Odom's salary. They can't do that by trading him. Letting him go is the only way.

That is indeed another possibility. I am praying we don't just let 14 mil in expiring just "walk"........
borri

Postby Joe_Blow on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:14 pm

No way I want LO traded right now. He's earning his keep in entertainment value alone.

The quick pass to Sasha off the bench in game 1.

The pass and immediate re-pass to Trevor in game 2.

Odom's had me in stitches for two games in a row. Not only do you get to watch the team arse woop the opposition, but you get comedic relief and a good laugh as well? That's worth the salary right there. :man9:
Joe_Blow

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:29 pm

I think we have to take what we get with Odom this year and then just let him walk in free agency. With the money we are paying Kobe-Gasol-Bynum I dont see how we can afford to resign Odom. Farmar and Ariza are up for free agency, we will certainly keep both of them. There is no way we can get any team to take Luke off our hands.
live and die in LA

Postby borri on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:35 pm

live and die in LA wrote:I think we have to take what we get with Odom this year and then just let him walk in free agency. With the money we are paying Kobe-Gasol-Bynum I dont see how we can afford to resign Odom. Farmar and Ariza are up for free agency, we will certainly keep both of them. There is no way we can get any team to take Luke off our hands.

Man no freakin' doubt! :bang: :bang: :bang:

What the hell was Mitch thinking? Really? Geezus.
borri

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors