Paul Pierce Rumors Heating Up

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:32 am

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:
swolswol wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:NEW RUMOR FROM LG.NET
Lamar, #10, Grant for LaFrentz, Pierce, #18

ALL I CAN SAY IS FOR HEAVENS SAKE :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
LaFrentz DEFINITELY has one of the worst contracts ever with 4 years of 10+ mio. left. I hope this is bugus. Lamar is very valuable, #10 could be Felton and Grant is valuable anyway in 1 1/2 years. LaFrentz is a backup at best and Pierce would play Carons position. So this is definitely a sucky trade.

DONE WHERE DO I SIGN???

Thank You...to all those who sit here and say I dont want to trade odom for pierce, why?

pierce is a prven all star. Odom well isnt. We all sit here and argue that we want odom to be that pippen like player. Pierce is far more a pippen player than odom. Size wise he is very similar to Pippen, can play lock down D and can take over for Kobe when he's off, much like pippen did for jordan. what everyone forgets is that PIPPEN IS A TOP 50 PLAYER OF ALL TIME...Odom wont ever be that. Now the only reason im hesitant to make a deal for pierce is beacuse of my boy Caron. He was comnpared to pierce when entering the league and with some work on his game from kobe he can be as good as pierce, well close to as good. If that happened and Odom could bulk up and be utilized properly at the PF this could be a scary 3

Kobe
Caron
Odom

but if we didnt have caron, odom for pierce would be great...even taking on raef contract, he could bring a lot to our bench. if the picks we taken out and we added cook and they added banks however then this is a title contending team

Mihm/Petro/Divac
Boozer/Raef/Villanueva
Pierce/Walton/Bender
Bryant/Jones/Stoudamire
Daniels/Banks/Sasha

We can get far more for Odom, Grant and #10 in seerate trades and different trade times. So this trade SUCKS :disagree:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Missed shot leads to an open look
June 2
Boston Globe columnist Jackie MacMullan: "I spent the last two weeks taking my own exit polls, and after talking with Boston's players, coaches, and front office personnel, there could be another scenario to ponder: the possibility that Pierce will demand a trade."
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby kobe_the_truth on Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:59 pm

first of all guys !!! do we really want peirce cmon we already got a great guard in kobe i think we should get some size i.e get some guys that will rebound and block shot,,, a double double player evrynight .. i think we should pay boozer and keyon martin more attention than peirce then if we get one we can then look at peirce... but cmon guys paul p is a scorer andgot no d we need a good defence,, defence win championship just ask the pheonix suns>>>>>
kobe_the_truth

Postby Laker Love on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:04 pm

Paul Pierce is an above-average defender.
Laker Love

Postby John3:16 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:59 pm

Laker Love wrote:Paul Pierce is an above-average defender.

That may be true. I'll have to see him do it first before I can form an opinion though.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:38 am

swolswol wrote:Missed shot leads to an open look
June 2
Boston Globe columnist Jackie MacMullan: "I spent the last two weeks taking my own exit polls, and after talking with Boston's players, coaches, and front office personnel, there could be another scenario to ponder: the possibility that Pierce will demand a trade."

Thanks swol. Who knows where PP wants to be.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:06 pm

I read somewhere today that one of the reason that Pierce might be shopped is because he and Doc don't see eye to eye, at all.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Savage1 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:39 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I read somewhere today that one of the reason that Pierce might be shopped is because he and Doc don't see eye to eye, at all.

Yeah, I read that too. Something about disagreeing with when Doc rests him and stuff like that. I also read something about when Paul was ejected from the playoff game against the Pacers that a camera caught him on the way to the locker room putting tape or something over his mouth and Doc wasn't happy with that either.
Savage1

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:02 pm

Savage1 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:I read somewhere today that one of the reason that Pierce might be shopped is because he and Doc don't see eye to eye, at all.

Yeah, I read that too. Something about disagreeing with when Doc rests him and stuff like that. I also read something about when Paul was ejected from the playoff game against the Pacers that a camera caught him on the way to the locker room putting tape or something over his mouth and Doc wasn't happy with that either.

Yeah, I think he was hit in the jaw during the game, and he made a big deal about it, after the game. Putting bandages all over his jaw or something, like that.
JSM

Postby Lakers Insider on Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:56 pm

Danny Ainge has bo desire in trading Pierce.
Why would lakers want him?
They should be looking for a big man.
Lakers Insider

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:20 am

Lakers Insider wrote:Danny Ainge has bo desire in trading Pierce.
Why would lakers want him?
They should be looking for a big man.

Didn´t you say they are after Garnett :man3:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Insider on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:04 pm

Lakers?

50% of the NBA is probobly after Garnett but he is not going anywhere. Kevin McHale knows Garnett is the franchise and won't trade him unless he has a young superstar he wants to build around which he doesn't.

Danny Ainge is not going to trade PP. He has a plan to build the team around Pierce and Al Jefferson.

Lakers could go for Antwain Walker but his money asking price will be too high.
Lakers Insider

Postby DMK on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:18 pm

Antione Walker?........ :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Okki on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:49 pm

No please not antoine walker!!!!!!! Boozer and Chandler are young and have talent they also want to learn but Walker is fat!
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby Savage1 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:08 pm

Okki wrote:No please not antoine walker!!!!!!! Boozer and Chandler are young and have talent they also want to learn but Walker is fat!

I'm not an Antoine Walker fan but he has made an effort to slim down in the past two seasons. He's taken less 3's and has finally lost some weight. What's stunning is that he still can't elevate.
Savage1

Postby Xepa on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:12 pm

PIERCE WILL GO TO PORTLAND PEOPLE, THAT IS WHY YOU CHECK OTHER BOARDS OTHER THAN LAKER ONES

:man1: :man1: 90% of the trade talk revolving around those teams :man1: :man1:

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:35 am

Well, it seems there isn't a very high demand for Pierce this summer. Could we low ball Danny and get Pierce for much less than he's worth?
Boston Globe: As for the team captain, one league official said last week, ''Right now, there is no demand for Paul Pierce out there. None."
JSM

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:26 am

I personally would not want pierce and lafrentz. Pierce would demand the ball , thus taking it away from kobe and lafrentz's contract will hinder our pursuit of a premier FA player.
Anthracit3

Rumor Done?!?!

Postby LOUIE04 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:46 pm

Hey guys is this pierce to lakers rumor over?!? :man3: where did this rumor come from anyway!?! :man3:
LOUIE04

NO PIERCE TRADE!!!

Postby LOUIE04 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:51 pm

after i think about it why would we want pierce if we got KOBE BRYYYANT!!! :man3: come on now that would not make sense!! :disagree: Kobe is the shiznit!! :jam2: we need a point guard or a center and thats it!!! :man5: maybe a PF!
LOUIE04

Postby DC_King on Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:17 am

I would g for the trade if Raef L. was involved. He can cn give us 2 blocks per game. can hi the three and score inside. with boston I have not seen him play, but when he was in Dallas and Denver he was very good.
If we get him and Boozer, I would start him at center. I think he would do better Mihim.

That is what I think. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:13 pm

DC_King wrote:I would g for the trade if Raef L. was involved. He can cn give us 2 blocks per game. can hi the three and score inside. with boston I have not seen him play, but when he was in Dallas and Denver he was very good.
If we get him and Boozer, I would start him at center. I think he would do better Mihim.

Are you out of your mind? LaFrentz has 4 years and 40+ mio. left on his contract.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Smallz on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:52 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
DC_King wrote:I would g for the trade if Raef L. was involved. He can cn give us 2 blocks per game. can hi the three and score inside. with boston I have not seen him play, but when he was in Dallas and Denver he was very good.

Are you out of your mind? LaFrentz has 4 years and 40+ mio. left on his contract.

so? add paul pierce to this team and our cap space dream (and it really is just a dream) is gone anyway. lafrentz is going to be better than any other center we can grab with the MLE.
Smallz

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:57 pm

Smallz wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

so? add paul pierce to this team and our cap space dream (and it really is just a dream) is gone anyway. lafrentz is going to be better than any other center we can grab with the MLE.

:man7: Thats not a good argument. I don´t speak about cap salary. LaFrentz making 12 mio. a year means you pay him 12 and add 12 mio. luxery tax. Now would you pay 24 mio. to have REAF LAFRENTZ? Okur volume 2? Who shoots threes and get fouls quicker than running the floor up and down? You must be kidding me.
BTW Mihm > LaFrentz period and MLE lets get Kwame or Hunter and they are both better than Reaf.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby JbOi112 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:07 pm

Paul Pierce in a Lakers uni is not gonna happen anytime soon. Boston's actually rumored to be looking to trade Pierce for Portland's #3 and NVE... It was in INsider, which makes better sense than Pierce coming to LA... SO can't we just let this topic go?

I'll post that INsider when I get the chance to...
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors