Paul Pierce Rumors Heating Up

Postby lakerfool on Fri May 20, 2005 7:39 pm

GuRu wrote:
lakerfool wrote:1. Pierce is STILL 5 x's better than Odom, even w/ Odom playing small forward

2. Chemestry between Odom and Kobe? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

5 times better? I think youre going a little overboard

Exaggeration, but do you know what I'm saying?

Pierce is a super-star. Odom is a borderline All-star
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby trodgers on Fri May 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Lakers1 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote: Plus, there's at least a bit of chemistry going on with Odom and Kobe.

What game was that ?

that game when odom passed kobe the ball

Because of that quip, I've seen the light. Odom and Kobe have zero chemistry. Thanks for pointing it out.

Now an answer more serious than your post demands. When I think of chemistry, I think of lots of things. Even if there were some miscommunication problems, with Kobe and Odom not always on the same page, the two have worked together for a full preseason and season. They are more familiar with one antoher and one another's game than Kobe and Pierce are of one another. Did you guys not watch the games when Odom would bring the ball up the court? He was so much more comfortable, I have no idea why he wasn't kept in that position.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Fri May 20, 2005 8:08 pm

lakerfool wrote:
GuRu wrote:
lakerfool wrote:1. Pierce is STILL 5 x's better than Odom, even w/ Odom playing small forward

2. Chemestry between Odom and Kobe? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

5 times better? I think youre going a little overboard

Exaggeration, but do you know what I'm saying?

Pierce is a super-star. Odom is a borderline All-star

I know stats don't tell the whole story but Odom's numbers compare very favorably with Pierce's. Couple in the fact that Pierce is a SG and likes to shoot and have the ball, I think he's a poor fit for this team.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby pimpachu2001 on Fri May 20, 2005 10:29 pm

My only question is: Why in the heck would ANYONE consider trading Lamar freakin' Odom for Paul Pierce a good thing???
pimpachu2001

Postby CaronKobeConnection on Fri May 20, 2005 10:34 pm

PP is a superstar???? no.... Odom for pierce is the dumbest thing ever...Lose our only size...We struggle with bigs as it is to trade our big for a smaller player is just ridiculous at this point...
CaronKobeConnection

Postby KB24 on Sat May 21, 2005 12:28 am

To me personally Odom has more value that Pierce. Odom is younger , has a better contract( Pierce has a max contract.) Pierce needs the ball just like Kobe. Odom is a better rebounder than any SF and he has size. And he has played in LA so he knows everything better than PP. Pierce is clutch, can score 20 any day and is a SOLID defender nothing special. He is 6-6 :disagree: so I would rather have a 6-10 SF than a 6-6.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Sat May 21, 2005 5:30 pm

NEVER gonna hapeen

trades based on what?

Postby silversyphon41 on Sat May 21, 2005 6:17 pm

where do you guys find all of these rumors? sure, they're all juicy and hopeful, but is this based on what a site said or pure speculation? :what:
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby Savage1 on Sat May 21, 2005 8:06 pm

I've heard repeatedly that Paul Pierce is a depression waiting to happen for his team, that he constantly broods and sulks, is never happy and is very hard to be around. He brings everyone down. I bring this up because chemistry for this young team is crucial.

Thank You!
We should avoid Pierce, this guy is the definition of a team cancer. A lot of analysts said that Pierce was just acting bad because his friend Antoine Walker was traded a couple of seasons ago. What happened once Walker was traded back??? Nothing. This guy has issues that I don't want on the Lakers team. So what that he's a local guy? The Clippers, Warriors, or Kings can have him as far as I'm concerned. Good scorer but attitude needs improvement.
Savage1

Postby Switchback on Mon May 23, 2005 9:43 am

No thanks, I would prefer just to get Boozer and leave the height of Odom there as well.
Switchback

Postby ahaider15 on Mon May 23, 2005 9:25 pm

WE are not getting Piece Celtics already said that they would not trade their most valuable player
Boozer = Crap dont want him dont need him hes old

Artest = Yest
ahaider15

Postby John3:16 on Mon May 23, 2005 9:30 pm

ahaider15 wrote:WE are not getting Piece Celtics already said that they would not trade their most valuable player

Artest = Yest

Boozer is old ? :man3:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue May 24, 2005 12:42 am

ahaider15 wrote:WE are not getting Piece Celtics already said that they would not trade their most valuable player

Artest = Yest

What about some investigations before you spam the board? Boozer is 23. Is that old :man3: You don´t want a decent PF? you are smoking wwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Okki on Tue May 24, 2005 2:09 pm

Boozer is a very solid PF who gets it done every night...
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby bigsleepy on Tue May 24, 2005 2:30 pm

1. Boozer is not old (he's 23 yrs old)!!!
Born November 20, 1981

2. Paul Pierce is going to the Clippers (for Maggette)...
" how about (Pierce) to the local hope (Clippers) for Corey Maggette and Chris Wilcox? If it takes a No. 1 on top of that, throw it in, too. Wilcox and the pick are superfluous. Maggette is exciting, a major producer, a gamer and a bargain at $7 million a year but Pierce is a bona fide great player, if one with some growing up to do, and, at 27, just entering his prime. Bringing him home and adding him to their promising young lineup would be dynamite." Los Angeles Times http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler22may22,1,4049391.column?page=2&coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby Coville on Tue May 24, 2005 5:25 pm

Artest = Yest

boozer is 23 years old.

he puts up 18/10/3 and he can hold his own on the block.

what more do you want out a power foward???
Coville

Postby quitkthanx on Tue May 24, 2005 10:08 pm

He obviously wants to add another SFto our lineup (Artest)! Let's just build a whole team made solely out of 3's.
quitkthanx

Postby Coville on Tue May 24, 2005 11:33 pm

quitkthanx wrote:He obviously wants to add another SFto our lineup (Artest)! Let's just build a whole team made solely out of 3's.

ehy i have the perfect line up

pg - caron butler
sg - kobe bryant
sf - ron artest
pf - jumaine jones
c - lamar odom

we would create so many mismatches, HOW Could we not be a 50 win team!

off the bench: maybe we could pull in devean george. OHH and we could draft like villanueva. than we could have him play back up center.

wow we would be suc ha good team.

The Los Angeles Small Fowards
Coville

Postby JSM on Wed May 25, 2005 12:32 am

^^ Ron is the biggest of those 5, so why don't we put him at center? He was on something on CNBC tonight and said he is 255 pounds.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Wed May 25, 2005 2:13 am

C-Mihm
PF-Odom
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Anybody

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby EQualizer on Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 am

BillaBong wrote:

Artest = Yest

boozer is 23 years old.

he puts up 18/10/3 and he can hold his own on the block.

what more do you want out a power foward???

block shots...

haha well if boozer did that better he'd probably get paid 20 mil a year, i'd be totally satisified getting boozer right now producing 18/10 for this team

i'd love artest too, but i think we'd need phil as coach to reign this guy in a little, artest = dennis rodman pippen combined into one....put that with phil jackson! kill two birds with one stone kinda
EQualizer

Postby DMK on Wed May 25, 2005 5:38 pm

I still think Ron Artest is one of the most valuable players that are possibilitys for LA this upcoming season. Aquiring him wouldnt be too hard i wouldnt think, and a fresh start in LA is what he needs.

Artest brings a unique combo of unrelenting Defense locking down pretty much anyone when needed on any given night all the while, scoring 20+ points and attacking the basket with the ability to nail a 3pter.

He's the guy i want and i think he would be a much better fit with a multiple all team defender in Kobe Bryant then say a paul peirce would.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

yup

Postby silversyphon41 on Wed May 25, 2005 8:04 pm

i totally agree with that. artest brings a rare combination of top notch defensive skills with an uncanny ability to score. his ability to hit the 3 and go to the rim, both much needed aspects for the lakers, are just more reasons why the lakers should pursue him, rather than pierce. though pierce is a bigger star, i feel as though artest and kobe could coexist much easier, rather than two ball handlers, in pierce and kobe. :man12:
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby ahaider15 on Wed May 25, 2005 8:43 pm

Boozer may not be old like presented but Id rather get artest or Jermaine oneal than him.
ahaider15

Postby Coville on Wed May 25, 2005 9:10 pm

ahaider15 wrote:Boozer may not be old like presented but Id rather get artest or Jermaine oneal than him.

I would like to see O'neal in a lakers uniform more than Boozer. But it all depends on who available.

On artest, don't you think we should solve our power foward problem before bringing in another small foward.
Coville

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors