Paul Pierce Rumors Heating Up

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 26, 2005 6:25 pm

Don't be logical, billabong. You'll confuse the Artest lovers. They don't think in terms of team balance. They react only with their emotions when it comes to him - kinda like Artest does with everything.
Laker Jam

Postby DMK on Thu May 26, 2005 10:49 pm

^^^SMH.

I understand what your saying Billa, but i wouldnt exactly call Ron Artest "another SF". He's very strong player and was defensive player of the year last season. Hes a bonified PIT BULL defender and can put the clamps on pretty much anyone on a given night. Hes a rugged rebounder, and a hustle player.

Id take Jermaine , but i believe artest @ the 3 would take much pressure off of kobe defensivly AND help score 20-30pts on any given night. My whole point is, you could argue that a throw in garbage man @ the 4 with artest at the 3 would be just as good as a big name @ the 4 such as O'Neal and a throw in @ the 3.

Either way we need a defensive minded Big in the paint and or a true pg to handle the rock.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby A-Rob on Fri May 27, 2005 10:20 am

Sure, it would be nice with a local like Pierce in the team. But I'd never give up Odom for him. Focus should lay on Artest.
A-Rob

Postby High IQ on Fri May 27, 2005 10:32 am

Artest is very good fit for Lakers. actually I don't know, maybe I would gave Odom for him. :man3:
High IQ

Postby bigsleepy on Fri May 27, 2005 12:20 pm

High IQ wrote:Artest is very good fit for Lakers. actually I don't know, maybe I would gave Odom for him. :man3:

Although I absolutely love Artest's game, its hard to see how acquiring another Small Forward would help our squad (as we already have 5) instead of addressing our true needs at PG and in the Frontcourt.
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby DMK on Fri May 27, 2005 10:02 pm

Because we can unload some SF's for a COMPLETE SF/SG in Artest, who can rebound,defend and score TOUGH.

Tenacious

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby High IQ on Sat May 28, 2005 1:11 am

trade for artest and draft jack and some1 big. GO MITCH!! :jam2:
High IQ

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue May 31, 2005 5:00 pm

I think the most effective trade for the lakers, to bring them back to the playoffs is paul pierce and boozer... They'll have 100% chance to go to the finals... I can't wait to see kobe and pierce play together, plus a dominant PF boozer...
KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Re: .........

Postby Still A Dynasty on Tue May 31, 2005 6:54 pm

Edgar2005 wrote:I think the most effective trade for the lakers, to bring them back to the playoffs is paul pierce and boozer... They'll have 100% chance to go to the finals... I can't wait to see kobe and pierce play together, plus a dominant PF boozer...

you makie it sound like the "talks" are serious...they arent...wont happen

plus i think you mean 100% playoff chance...compare them to San Antonio

Mihm << Nazr
Boozer <<<Duncan
Pierce >>>Pierce
Bryant >>Ginobli
_____ <<<<<Parker

No matter who we get at the point tp is much better, boozer has nothing on duncan, nazr has a small advantage over mihm. pierce and kobe are our only advantages

not to mention they have much more depth
Still A Dynasty

Postby Guest on Tue May 31, 2005 7:47 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:
Edgar2005 wrote:I think the most effective trade for the lakers, to bring them back to the playoffs is paul pierce and boozer... They'll have 100% chance to go to the finals... I can't wait to see kobe and pierce play together, plus a dominant PF boozer...

you makie it sound like the "talks" are serious...they arent...wont happen

plus i think you mean 100% playoff chance...compare them to San Antonio

Mihm << Nazr
Boozer <<<Duncan
Pierce >>>Pierce
Bryant >>Ginobli
_____ <<<<<Parker

No matter who we get at the point tp is much better, boozer has nothing on duncan, nazr has a small advantage over mihm. pierce and kobe are our only advantages

not to mention they have much more depth

I agree the talks are not even talks. But we are not here to compete w/the Spurs just yet. Lets start building a solid starting 5 first, Thats prob. 1-2 years away. I will take competeing inthe playoffs,But the Spurs. A bit longer

Postby wavy on Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:35 pm

no man one or two years for us to become a championship team is a dream for us that is gonna take 10 years for that. with this team we're never gonna compeat with san antonio even if we take garnett, we need garnett and jermain o'neal to beat the strong teams and to take both we don't have the balls. so let's hope we take smth good from the draft and then gat some expirienced players. :jam2:
wavy

Postby farhan810 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:30 pm

lakerfool wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
lakerfool wrote:I'd get Pierce if we got Boozer

Pierce is 5 x's the player Odom is, PERIOD.

No you di'nt. You can't really believe that. Odom put up fantastic numbers against PFs this season. Imagine him bruising SFs. It would be sick. Pierce is a guy who likes a lot of touches. I know that Odom is a bit needy, but not so much as is Pierce. Plus, there's at least a bit of chemistry going on with Odom and Kobe.

1. Pierce is STILL 5 x's better than Odom, even w/ Odom playing small forward

2. Chemestry between Odom and Kobe? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Many people said the Caron and Kobe had more chemistry. Yet, I cannot recall ever seeing just Odom playing with Kobe. When Odom got injured, that's when all the "trade LO because he has no chemistry" business started. PP simply isn't worth it. Especially how talented LO is at his natural position. Besides, it'll be a great year for Odom. My LO bobblehead says so.
farhan810

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:37 pm

NEW RUMOR FROM LG.NET
Lamar, #10, Grant for LaFrentz, Pierce, #18

ALL I CAN SAY IS FOR HEAVENS SAKE :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
LaFrentz DEFINITELY has one of the worst contracts ever with 4 years of 10+ mio. left. I hope this is bugus. Lamar is very valuable, #10 could be Felton and Grant is valuable anyway in 1 1/2 years. LaFrentz is a backup at best and Pierce would play Carons position. So this is definitely a sucky trade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:06 pm

^^^ Love the Avi :jam2:

As for this trade rumor :hurl:

The only way id take peirce over lamar is if we can steal him, not by killing us. Dishing BangBangBang, oops i mean BRIAN GRANT :man10: It would help us, but perhaps we can get something for him later without losing a good player/ trade peice.

Get more for your "BANG" i say :man10:

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby SWOL on Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:22 pm

KB8@CL wrote:NEW RUMOR FROM LG.NET

LaFrentz DEFINITELY has one of the worst contracts ever with 4 years of 10+ mio. left. I hope this is bugus. Lamar is very valuable, #10 could be Felton and Grant is valuable anyway in 1 1/2 years. LaFrentz is a backup at best and Pierce would play Carons position. So this is definitely a sucky trade.

DONE WHERE DO I SIGN???
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:33 pm

naw this trade sucks a** im not gettin rid of Odom for Pierce

we need to get rid of sucky players like Chucky, B. Grant, Slava and D. George CARON althogh he is not a sucky player

maybe packaging Caron along with other players (NOT ODOM)could land us Paul Pierce.
im not feelin LAFRENTZ or any of the other players on that squad

I say we offer some players (Caron, D. George Next years first rounder) for (Paul Pierce)
Danny Ainge does love draft picks

if they say NO oh WELLZ

why would we give up the #10 pick
thats the only good thing we have goin for us this season dammit
this is almost as ridiculous as sayin Brian Grant was goin to avg 2 blocks per game next season!!!

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:05 pm

if they would throw in Al, on the conditions we added a future pick or something, then I would do the trade in a second.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:21 pm

^^^ Agreed :bow:

If we could get a good solid young player in Al then i say do it. But if you sperate the peices and are looking big picture, perhaps we could get more with LO and BG seperate some point this upcoming season trade deadline or offseason.

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakers Insider on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:46 pm

Forget it guys

Boston insider told me they have no intentions on trading Pierce.
BUT
Walker MOST LIKELY will be let go to free agency because they want to build with Al Jefferson.
Lakers Insider

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:05 pm

Lakers Insider wrote:Forget it guys

BUT
Walker MOST LIKELY will be let go to free agency because they want to build with Al Jefferson.

:man10:

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:04 pm

wingnut wrote:
Lakers Insider wrote:Forget it guys

BUT

:man10:
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Still A Dynasty on Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:51 am

swolswol wrote:

DONE WHERE DO I SIGN???

Thank You...to all those who sit here and say I dont want to trade odom for pierce, why?

pierce is a prven all star. Odom well isnt. We all sit here and argue that we want odom to be that pippen like player. Pierce is far more a pippen player than odom. Size wise he is very similar to Pippen, can play lock down D and can take over for Kobe when he's off, much like pippen did for jordan. what everyone forgets is that PIPPEN IS A TOP 50 PLAYER OF ALL TIME...Odom wont ever be that. Now the only reason im hesitant to make a deal for pierce is beacuse of my boy Caron. He was comnpared to pierce when entering the league and with some work on his game from kobe he can be as good as pierce, well close to as good. If that happened and Odom could bulk up and be utilized properly at the PF this could be a scary 3

Kobe
Caron
Odom

but if we didnt have caron, odom for pierce would be great...even taking on raef contract, he could bring a lot to our bench. if the picks we taken out and we added cook and they added banks however then this is a title contending team

Mihm/Petro/Divac
Boozer/Raef/Villanueva
Pierce/Walton/Bender
Bryant/Jones/Stoudamire
Daniels/Banks/Sasha
Still A Dynasty

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:12 am

yea man im seein these lineups and for some reason i always see stank Boozer in there WTF is up with that?

Im tired of people talkin about boozer!

Let me repeat myself "GET OFF HIS NuTZ!"

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:29 am

jsm0331 wrote:if they would throw in Al, on the conditions we added a future pick or something, then I would do the trade in a second.

Ya with Al Jefferson I would do it too.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:31 am

swolswol wrote:

DONE WHERE DO I SIGN???
hopefully nowhere. This trade is horrible. We can get FAR more for Odom, Grant (later) and #10 in seperate trades and different times.

KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors