Paul Pierce Rumors Heating Up

Paul Pierce Rumors Heating Up

Postby Vito Andolini on Fri May 13, 2005 9:35 am

The Celtics could send Paul Pierce to the Lakers for Lamar Odom? Some sort of packaging would have to be done to make the numbers match, but Odom ($11.46 million next season) is a versatile player who can play either forward position, and could fit in with that vision of weaning Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins for starting roles. Again, Antoine Walker's departure would be needed to make this work.

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=82768&format=text
Vito Andolini

Postby Still A Dynasty on Fri May 13, 2005 9:52 am

i love that trade...i love odom but pierce is a homtetown boy and he can float out ball...him and kobe on the wing would be tough to guard...

kobe and the truth are a lot closer to mj and pippen the kobe and odom

that means caron will most likely be traded for a pf like boozer

bender trade

mle-jaric
lle-person
vet min-vlade resigned

draft felton then frye the stoudamire

Mihm/Frye/Divac
Boozer/Grant/Cook
Pierce/Walton/Jones
Bryant/Stoudamire/Person
Jaric/Felton/Vujacic

unfortuanttely i dont know what to believe...yesterdya orland and now boston....its hard to guess
Still A Dynasty

Postby UCLAbadfish on Fri May 13, 2005 10:00 am

pass.
UCLAbadfish

Postby Kingsama on Fri May 13, 2005 10:03 am

UCLAbadfish wrote:pass.
Kingsama

Postby SWOL on Fri May 13, 2005 10:43 am

PERFECT, SMALL FORWARD NUMBER 9, MAYBE WE CAN PACKAGE VLADE MIHM AND CHUCJKIE FOR SOME MORE SF's
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri May 13, 2005 10:49 am

I want PP in LA!
That would be great to see him in LA!
He's born in CA, so fans will love him!
Do it Mitch! :jam2:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby LakersChamps04 on Fri May 13, 2005 10:51 am

wat the hell is wrong wit you guys...were trading a SF with another SF....so that doesn't mean we get MORE sf's...get ur math straight...and anyways..that means were going to trade Butler for a bigman....dam...all u pessimists
LakersChamps04

Postby SWOL on Fri May 13, 2005 10:53 am

LakersChamps04 wrote:wat the hell is wrong wit you guys...were trading a SF with another SF....so that doesn't mean we get MORE sf's...get ur math straight...and anyways..that means were going to trade Butler for a bigman....dam...all u pessimists

YOU ARE TRADING A SWING FORWARD WHO CAN PLAY BOTH POWER FORWARD AND SMALL FORWARD FOR A GUY WHO PLAYS SHOOTING GUARD AND SMALL FORWARD
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby alex58 on Fri May 13, 2005 11:04 am

P JACKSON WILL LOVE TO WORK WITH LO , I DON'T THINK HE WILL LET HIM GO FOR PP.
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri May 13, 2005 11:11 am

I doubt were gonna do this trade. It addresses none of our needs. Maybe if they include Marcus Banks, it might make it more tempting to Mitch.
MarkMadsen

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 am

terrible. odom is a 6-10 freak who can do lots of things on the floor. the lakers need to explore using him more. there just aren't many guys like odom in the league, who can score, rebound and bring the ball up the floor at near seven feet. and that wingspan is remarkable. also, it'll take about one game for pierce and kobe to be at each other's throat. awful trade.
Alleyhoops

Postby Guest on Fri May 13, 2005 12:01 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:terrible. odom is a 6-10 freak who can do lots of things on the floor. the lakers need to explore using him more. there just aren't many guys like odom in the league, who can score, rebound and bring the ball up the floor at near seven feet. and that wingspan is remarkable. also, it'll take about one game for pierce and kobe to be at each other's throat. awful trade.

I agree, this trade is terrible. The Lakers have the lack of ability in rebounding. And Odom is the only consistent rebounder on the Lakers.

Postby LakRfAn on Fri May 13, 2005 12:14 pm

Rumors like this really make me wonder whether the reporters are just making this stuff up on the fly.

Why would the Lakers trade their only productive big for yet another wing player?

It doesn't make any sense
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby UKUGA on Fri May 13, 2005 12:31 pm

LakRfAn wrote:Rumors like this really make me wonder whether the reporters are just making this stuff up on the fly.

Why would the Lakers trade their only productive big for yet another wing player?

It doesn't make any sense

It only makes sense if they have another trade in the works for a big man.

But, you're right. Most in the media just assume that Odom is on the block. so, they consider him a bunch of trade scenarios that involve other players assumed to be on the block.

The one trade rumor that comes true will be celebrated, the rest will be forgotten.
UKUGA

Postby jminges on Fri May 13, 2005 12:32 pm

The Trend - Odom for All-Stars (Francis, Artest, Pierce, Walker, Garnett, Maglorie)
Last edited by jminges on Wed May 18, 2005 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
jminges

Postby The Laker Link on Fri May 13, 2005 12:35 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:i love that trade...i love odom but pierce is a homtetown boy and he can float out ball...him and kobe on the wing would be tough to guard...

kobe and the truth are a lot closer to mj and pippen the kobe and odom

that means caron will most likely be traded for a pf like boozer

bender trade

mle-jaric
lle-person
vet min-vlade resigned

draft felton then frye the stoudamire

Mihm/Frye/Divac
Boozer/Grant/Cook
Pierce/Walton/Jones
Bryant/Stoudamire/Person
Jaric/Felton/Vujacic

unfortuanttely i dont know what to believe...yesterdya orland and now boston....its hard to guess

Yeah I'm with you...I like the plan but now it's hard to see which one will happen and which one won't...like i told Guru...whoever we get I don't care just as long as we get someone to help Kobe pull the load so Francis or Pierce is fine with me...just as long as we get ONE of them and then yeah if we end up getting Pierce than we should do the bender and boozer trade like right after so we can have a good strong line-up this next season.... :ball1:
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Fri May 13, 2005 12:39 pm

swolswol wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:wat the hell is wrong wit you guys...were trading a SF with another SF....so that doesn't mean we get MORE sf's...get ur math straight...and anyways..that means were going to trade Butler for a bigman....dam...all u pessimists

YOU ARE TRADING A SWING FORWARD WHO CAN PLAY BOTH POWER FORWARD AND SMALL FORWARD FOR A GUY WHO PLAYS SHOOTING GUARD AND SMALL FORWARD

plus if we do this trade...then it means that we can get rid of Butler and some other SF and get Boozer and Bender and then sign some PG's and draft Felton and someone else so...doing this would be better probably than doing the Francis deal...or maybe (but I know this isn't likely but it would be funny if it did happen) maybe Mitch will be smart enough and do both the Pierce and Francis at the same time...but like I said that's probably less likely like us trading Kobe so...but hey we can only dream can't we...
The Laker Link

Postby DC_King on Fri May 13, 2005 1:17 pm

I don't like it. We need bring someone who can control the paint. Someone to replace Shaq. Paul Pierce, I don't see how we get any better.
I just don't se the difference.
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby DC_King on Fri May 13, 2005 1:39 pm

If we do get P.P, is there any chance that we could trade him to the Pockets for T-Mac.

There was MJ and Pippen connection
And Now The Kobe and T-Mac connection.

Throw in a couple of role players, and the lakers would be set for life.
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby live and die in LA on Fri May 13, 2005 1:54 pm

the only reasons i would consider this:

1. if we did the boozer trade ( caron, vlade, chucky for boozer)
2. i love odom but pierce has alot more passion than lamar odom does
3. i would like to see what kobe and pierce could do together
live and die in LA

Postby KB24 on Fri May 13, 2005 2:10 pm

THATS NOT HEATING UP BUT JUST A SUGGESTION OF A DUMB WRITER AND HE WANTS THE EDGE FOR BOSTON OF COURSEThere is nothing. You guys read too much into these proposals.Mitch won´t trade Lamar for Pierce untill a Boozer trade or something like that is on the table for Butler and expiring K´s.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Vito Andolini on Fri May 13, 2005 3:23 pm

swolswol wrote:PERFECT, SMALL FORWARD NUMBER 9, MAYBE WE CAN PACKAGE VLADE MIHM AND CHUCJKIE FOR SOME MORE SF's

What? Not if we send Odom and Sasha to Boston for Pierce and Banks. Then trade Butler, George, Atkins for Boozer.

PG: ?/Banks
SG: Bryant
SF: Pierce
PF: Boozer
C: Mihm
Vito Andolini

Postby SOAD on Fri May 13, 2005 6:58 pm

live and die in LA wrote:the only reasons i would consider this:

1. if we did the boozer trade ( caron, vlade, chucky for boozer)
2. i love odom but pierce has alot more passion than lamar odom does
3. i would like to see what kobe and pierce could do together

I agree. We would need to get a rebouner if we are gonna get rid of Odom. But imagine that line up...

Mihm/Kobe/Boozer/Pierce/[draft pick/mle pg/Chucky]
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Shooter871 on Sat May 14, 2005 1:43 am

If we got Paul Pierce and Carlos Boozer I would love that :jam2: . Then we can sign a Point Guard with the MLE like Antonio Daniels, Marko Jaric, Earl Watson, and ect.. That duo of Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce would be lethal and I dont think they will argue about each of them scoring because everyone else on that team are not big scorers:

PG. MLE or draft pick
SG. Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vulcic.
SF. Paul Pierce/Jonathan Bender.
PF. Carlos Boozer/Brian Grant.
C. Chris Mihm./Vlade Divac
Shooter871

Postby Funkee on Sat May 14, 2005 3:57 am

Pierce is basically a Caron with range and better handles.

Not saying Caron will be as good as him but it won't be a world of difference soon.
Caron is 3 years younger and if he works hard with Kobe this summer, he's going to turn into a closest thing to Pierce.

Therefore, why would we trade Odom for an improved (slightly improved soon) version of Caron? Oh yeah, Pierce is also paid a lot more than Caron.

Doesn't make much sense...pass

Even if they include Banks..

Our best bet is to keep Odom unless something comes along.

He's a very special player, still young and not many players can do things that he can.
If we give him the chance to play Lamar Odom basketball, I am sure he"ll play with more passion as well because you know...it's kinda frustrating to be used so poorly.

I still expect great things from Odom.

As for Banks...just forget about him already.
There are better Banks' out there.
Olyen Greene is a 6'5", 205 PG who plays great defense. He can pass and handle the rock as well.
Shooting is basically the only knock on him.
Funkee

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors