Phil & Lakers interested in Livingston

Phil & Lakers interested in Livingston

Postby Jordan-esque on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:03 am

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/02/livingston-piques-phils-interest/

Several teams remain intrigued with the prospect of having Shaun Livingston on its roster. That includes the Lakers, according to head coach Phil Jackson.

“He’s Phil’s type of cat,” Lakers guard Derek Fisher said. “He’s versatile, with the ability to play a bigger guard defensively. We’re talented now but if Shaun somehow was able to join the mix, we’d be unbelievable.”
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Re: Phil & Lakers interested in Livingston

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 am

Jordan-esque wrote:http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/02/livingston-piques-phils-interest/

Several teams remain intrigued with the prospect of having Shaun Livingston on its roster. That includes the Lakers, according to head coach Phil Jackson.

“He’s Phil’s type of cat,” Lakers guard Derek Fisher said. “He’s versatile, with the ability to play a bigger guard defensively. We’re talented now but if Shaun somehow was able to join the mix, we’d be unbelievable.”

THANK GOD.

There is no reason not to take a look at this kid. Before the injury people around here dreamed about him at the 1.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:48 am

I am sorry I just have not seen much of Shawn Livingston, what makes him that much better than the average guard. My first thing that comes to mind when i hear his name is his horrific injury?

Maybe I need to see some youtube videos of him, because I just can't seen anything amazing about him that Derek or Jordan doesn't give us.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:56 am

KobefanMVP wrote:I am sorry I just have not seen much of Shawn Livingston, what makes him that much better than the average guard. My first thing that comes to mind when i hear his name is his horrific injury?

Maybe I need to see some youtube videos of him, because I just can't seen anything amazing about him that Derek or Jordan doesn't give us.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 am

ok waitaminit...i'm a work-day poster and before i left work yesterday, someone came out of the closet with a celtics avy...and now its back to kobe?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 am

pound4pound1 wrote:ok waitaminit...i'm a work-day poster and before i left work yesterday, someone came out of the closet with a celtics avy...and now its back to kobe?

I lost a bet and I had to claim to be a C's fan for a week as the consequence. People didn't think it was too funny so it only lasted like 12 hours.

And to stay on topic, even if Livingston regains half of his form, he's still a damn solid third string PG in this league.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 am

Ask and you shall receive:

Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby khmrP on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:03 am

he's just a big guard I think thats why Phil is considering a look at him...but lets see even before that injury he was constantly injured, never added any type of "size" to his frame-probably why he was always getting hurt, jump shot is just as bad if not worse then Odom, only thing going for him is he's a great passer but thats bout it, for someone with his height he wasn't much of a jumper either, youd would think someone with his frame could jump out the building. Plus from the reports that I've read He wont be able to play until late Dec and even then they dont know how much he can play either but I guess it couldn't hurt to drop Cobe and give that spot to Shaun but lets give that mitchell guy a chance or another "big" a chance to make this team 1st.
khmrP

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:ok waitaminit...i'm a work-day poster and before i left work yesterday, someone came out of the closet with a celtics avy...and now its back to kobe?

I lost a bet and I had to claim to be a C's fan for a week as the consequence. People didn't think it was too funny so it only lasted like 12 hours.

And to stay on topic, even if Livingston regains half of his form, he's still a damn solid third string PG in this league.

thank gawd...you had me goin there...i hope you felt as sick playin the part as i did bashin ya...

on topic, i'd LOVE for the lakers to at least give him a shot..it would only be clipper-karma to have us get a fully healed, productive livingston...

also, we all saw how Farmar plays when someone's competing for his minutes...minimal contract, minimal risk...

here's hopin that mitch finds the magic wand
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 am

Jordan-esque wrote:http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/02/livingston-piques-phils-interest/

You can be sure that once news of the Lakers interest comes out, about 25 different teams will offer Livingston a contract. Pat Riley was speaking to Livingston's agent the moment after he discovered the Lakers were interested.
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:40 am

I really would rather give one of the other guys in camp a try first.
If we need him, we can pick him up during the season can't we?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:44 am

Livingston's gruesome injury has teams scared to take a flyer on him. As a Laker, he'd be a perfect fit for the tri with his size, passing and unselfish attitude. In limited minutes and if he were brought along slowly Livingston could be a more than serviceable player. He also seems like a heady young man who is mature so the character factor isn't or wouldn't be an issue. Livingston could be a savvy young vet that would augment an already strong backcourt.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby mapabu1 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:29 am

IF healthy he is the ideal fit at the 1, I would take a chance on him.
mapabu1

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
KobefanMVP wrote:I am sorry I just have not seen much of Shawn Livingston, what makes him that much better than the average guard. My first thing that comes to mind when i hear his name is his horrific injury?

Would have been really messed up if they ended this video with Livingston's injury. A kind of sick LOL moment.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:42 am

I don't think you can marginalize Livingston for the simple fact that he got injured.

Assets:

a. A 6'7'' PG who can handle, pass, and rebound...sound familiar?
b. He's only 23 years old. That's a tremendous plus for us.
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby G|B|G|B on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:05 pm

i think hes worth the risk. i mean give him a non guarantee contract and invite him to camp
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby EQualizer on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 pm

He's more than worth the risk! What made him an intriguing player wasn't really his athleticism. He's a smart player and great for the team, especially if he regains some of his form.

Don't forget that he was a lottery pick too!
EQualizer

Postby BeastNThaPaint on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:08 pm

He's definately worth a look...non guaranteed invitee to camp lets do it!
Come on Mitch, we need you to shock the World once again!!
BeastNThaPaint

Postby LDR on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm

He's a very interesting prospect with the future, especially with the Laker's second unit running less of the offense than in the past. I think an interesting idea for the second unit, if we were to sign Livingston, would be to have Livingston, Farmar, Sasha, Trevor, and Bynum in at the same time to run and gun. We could run with Livingston at the point, Farmar and Ariza filling the wings, Sasha and Farmar providing perimeter shooting, and Bynum as the main option in the halfcourt.
LDR

Postby chug o nomics on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Fish is such a class act. He's pulling for a guy who can take his spot before the end of his contract.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby orangezack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 pm

We don't need Livingston
THIS POST HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY CLUBDODGERS.COM
orangezack

Postby JSM on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:42 pm

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Sourced Rumors