rasheed for odom????? do it mitch! haha

Postby sticky on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:22 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/teams/Rankings.asp

READ THE PISTONS' COMMENTS...PER EMPLAY I THINK :-o
KOBE 4 MVP!

Re: rasheed for odom????? do it mitch! haha

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:22 pm

NVM
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Barnstable on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 pm

do not want
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby THEONE24 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Rasheed would toughen up the whole roster. But, we don't really need Rasheed on this team, we need a starting SF who can create his own offense and able to defend consistently. We also need a better starting PG, because Derek Fisher isn't the same anymore. He can't play defense consistently, can't pass, ect. We need someone who can guard, Rondo or Chris Paul easily.
THEONE24

Postby j-halp on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm

would rather get prince...but who wouldnt?
j-halp

Postby lakerball4life on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:18 pm

lol so is drew, pau or sheed going to come off the bench? Or is one of them going to play SF. :man10: ide also have to vomit if i saw sheed in a lakers uni. Cant stand the guy.
lakerball4life

Postby noobiew on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Rasheed for Odom ?

NO

Rasheed is good but we already have Pau at PF. Plus Odom is more versatile and younger than Sheed.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby from714to402 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Barnstable wrote:do not want
from714to402

Postby S.R.05 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:49 pm

i would make that move in a heartbeat
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby theinsanity on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Makes too much sense? How does that make any sense at all for the Pistons? Rasheed is their only competent center.
theinsanity

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Too many bigs with not enough minutes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby akina on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:14 pm

theinsanity wrote:Makes too much sense? How does that make any sense at all for the Pistons? Rasheed is their only competent center.

It makes sense because Odom's contract comes off the books at the end of this season, and Detroit is trying to grab as many young stars as they can so they can be competitive in the future, which is the main reason why they traded Billups for Iverson, Iverson had an expiring contract.

Odom puts up better numbers than Rasheed, and most importantly he can bring the ball up court, something the Pistons is currently lacking with the trade of Billups.

Why he is good for the Lakers is obvious. Rasheed is a tough defender, someone we desperately need, he is an outside threat, and he's perfect in the triangle.

If Mitch can pull this off and still make the salaries work out, good for him.
akina

Postby from714to402 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:18 pm

akina wrote:f Mitch can pull this off and still make the salaries work out, good for him.

Well the only way Mitch could pull this off is if the salaries work. So I don't see how he would pull it off, then make the salaries work.
from714to402

Postby LakerCane on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Sheed would have to deal with coming off the bench.. or Bynum.

LakerCane

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:19 pm

akina wrote:
theinsanity wrote:Makes too much sense? How does that make any sense at all for the Pistons? Rasheed is their only competent center.

It makes sense because Odom's contract comes off the books at the end of this season, and Detroit is trying to grab as many young stars as they can so they can be competitive in the future, which is the main reason why they traded Billups for Iverson, Iverson had an expiring contract.

Odom puts up better numbers than Rasheed, and most importantly he can bring the ball up court, something the Pistons is currently lacking with the trade of Billups.

Why he is good for the Lakers is obvious. Rasheed is a tough defender, someone we desperately need, he is an outside threat, and he's perfect in the triangle.

If Mitch can pull this off and still make the salaries work out, good for him.

Where does Sheed fit into the Lakers lineup? Does he take a starting spot? No. He's not better than either Pau or Andrew as far as this team goes. So he comes off the bench? You think Rasheed Wallace is going to okay with that? I doubt it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby HisAirness24 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:23 pm

emplay doesn't say that it's a proposed deal. He just threw the scenario out there as being perfect for the Pistons. The only factual thing he commented on was about Rasheed not being available in trade discussions.

I would do that deal though.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Tell you what Detroit

Lets do this deal instead.

I'll give you Lamar Odom/Chris Mihm and you give me Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey.

Deal or No Deal :man1:
LAKEROC

Postby gill on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Lamar for Tayshaun makes more sense.
gill

Postby abeer3 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:49 pm

yes. yes. yes. odom doesn't play sf very much anyway. sheed/bynum/pau get 30 minutes each. the lakers finally get a guy outside of kobe whose manhood doesn't shrink back into his body in big game situations. sheed won't get cowed by kg like pau did in the finals, and he won't be afraid to pull the trigger when they leave him to double kobe.

won't happen, but of course i'd do it.
abeer3

Postby odom1year on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Mitch: I want to trade odom for Rasheed.
Piston GM: Hah Hah...Then cut the line.
odom1year

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Sheed either hates him or they don't know the game.

Getting Sheed for Odom makes us the favorites. Easily. Granted I don't think it's possible, but we could possibly think of something. I'm not the biggest Farmar advocate...

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:35 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Anyone who says they wouldn't want Sheed either hates him or they don't know the game.

Getting Sheed for Odom makes us the favorites. Easily. Granted I don't think it's possible, but we could possibly think of something. I'm not the biggest Farmar advocate...

I'm not sure they'd want Farmar, they have Stuckey. Also, it's not that I don't want Rasheed on this team, but where does he fit? Does he start etc. etc.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Anyone who says they wouldn't want Sheed either hates him or they don't know the game.

I'm not sure they'd want Farmar, they have Stuckey. Also, it's not that I don't want Rasheed on this team, but where does he fit? Does he start etc. etc.

I don't care who starts, it's a talent upgrade. Sheed is in a contract year so I doubt he'd WMC about his situation, especially when he's in a system tailor made for him and when he'd play crucial minutes down the stretch.

I don't think they'd really want Farmar either, but it never hurts to stock up on talent.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm

I would def do it.. With a lineup of:

Farmar
Kobe
Ariza
Pau
Sheed

Pau & Sheed both have solid strokes from 15+.. With Sheed's reaching all the way out to the 3 line.. We come down, put the ball in Kobe's hands & as soon as they help on kobe Ariza/Farmar could cut the rack all day because the bigs aren't inside to defend penetration.. Makes us a very versatile team.. Also stops Pau from ever having to guard a Center.. I really like this..
LakersN4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 pm

LakersN4 wrote:I would def do it.. With a lineup of:

Farmar
Kobe
Ariza
Pau
Sheed

Pau & Sheed both have solid strokes from 15+.. With Sheed's reaching all the way out to the 3 line.. We come down, put the ball in Kobe's hands & Ariza/Farmar could cut the rack all day because the bigs aren't inside to defend penetration.. Makes us a very versatile team.. Also stops Pau from ever having to guard a Center.. I really like this..

If the pipe dream happened, I'd put Sheed on the bench. It's important for the Lakers to have a good post player in the game. Pau and Andrew are the best post players on the team, then move in Sheed at the four and the team can hit from all directions. Keep two of them in the game at all times and the game is set.

KB8, you're right. I didn't know it was a contract year for Sheed. And although he wouldn't be cool with sitting on the bench, another ring on his finger helps nullify that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors